You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Mar. 12th, 2012 - House of Blues, Los Angeles, CA

misterID wrote:

sad

COME BACK, SHANE! COME BACK!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

awesome..he got off in that middle breakdown...nice little hug from Axl at the end as well.

Sky Dog wrote:

and for the record, his style right there fits in to the band much more than DJ. No sunset strip tats, dangling cigarettes or hats....he looks pretty good now.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

that was pretty EPIC!! Glad to see Robin play with them again!

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

God Damn that intro is nails on chalkboard

BUT

i have always loved his solo in this song.

pretty cool actually seeing him up there

I could troll this a hundred ways but i won't.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

So awesome Robin played with them.

DJ is alright but Robin has more style/uniqueness to him.
Richard can play the DJ/Slash style, they don't need 2 players with the same style.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

That moment when goes front to solo and the camera guy, I suppose, yells "YEAH" gave me goozebumps.

Yes, I'm Robin's little bitch.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

DJ is alright but Robin has more style/uniqueness to him.
Richard can play the DJ/Slash style, they don't need 2 players with the same style.

THIS.

And, also, I'll go ahead and share my pov on what Robin meant to Axl/GN'R:

His unique style was a way to rebuild GNR into something different and, imo, that always teased Axl, even if he can see limitations on Robin, but, also, do you guys remember GNR videos from 86? Slash was crappy as well... I guess Axl recognized that same uniqueness but in raw form. I'm not comparing both, I'm just pointing that upon being with Axl, Robin and Slash were raw and unique. I guess Slash was able to develop, much due to stardom, his style and refine it as possible.

To me, when Robin bailed in 99 something changed and Axl decided to go with Bucket so he would have both technique and uniqueness but no raw.

As said previously, most songs on CD have important contributions from Robin.

I guess Robin in GNR was an experiment and, if in a controlled environment, would have worked in the long term.

What's a control environment? If it wasn't GNR, if it was Axl's or a new band altogether.

GNR has too much pressure and I guess Robin decided to walk away after '07 because the guy has had enough on the 10 years he was with GNR. Too much disrespect from the fanbase and casuals on concerts, online and even personally.

He always seemed, to me, a genuine nice guy and someone who could bring something not logical or expected to the table and that always amused me. Better's intro, on the album, live with him, DJ or Santa Claus playing, is different, is not the "write a guitar intro to a tune" type of vibe. It's so raw, nude and pure that I can see some seeing it as bad or even amateurish.

To be honest, amateurish is the artistic way to be, imho.

Just my (awfully long post) 2 cents.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Well said Otto.

What worries me about this version of GN'R is that "everyone gets along".
I'm worried that it is going to become sterile and generic.

The best art comes out of adversity.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Robin and (more so) Buckethead wrote all the "Chinese Democracy" songs and the ones that haven't come out yet so it's pretty unfortunate that both of them are gone.

The way I see it - Robin is the "new Izzy" and Buckethead was the "new Slash". They were both extremely valuable now that they're gone... all we've got is Sorum and Gilby.

Board footer