You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Why Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses Kick Ass in 2012

war wrote:

no because we'd be waiting in silent limbo.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Silence wouldn't be a sign of a new album. We got too much silence and only one album in the previous 15+ years. On the other hand, the zillionth CD tour is a clear proof of no new album on the horizon, cause there should be a silent (and working) period before that happens.
So I'd settle for a 18 month (I wrote year first...) silent period, IF there is a 'promise, lie or guarantee' from Axl, that in the end we'll get a new album.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Silence wouldn't be a sign of a new album. We got too much silence and only one album in the previous 15+ years. On the other hand, the zillionth CD tour is a clear proof of no new album on the horizon, cause there should be a silent (and working) period before that happens.
So I'd settle for a 18 month (I wrote year first...) silent period, IF there is a 'promise, lie or guarantee' from Axl, that in the end we'll get a new album.

That's part of the problem with this band though.  We probably wouldn't get that "promise, lie, or guarantee" from Axl.  They'd go silent, we may hear from DJ, Dizzy, etc. about the PLAN to work on new music and we'd all be left to speculate.

But I agree, if we were for once TOLD what the plan is, the silence would be welcomed.

war

war wrote:

i assumed a promise wasn't an option because of how unrealistic it is.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
war wrote:

you responded to my post and i was simply agreeing with someone else. that's not whining. yet you jump right in with several posts about it. the only one whining is you. i don't have glasses on, of any kind. i agree with the majority of what you say when it is negative......all 1,00 times 14

yeah pretty sure my first response was to you and ID and the second was a direct response to ID. Clearly you missed that though.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
Riad wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

The new band was given many chances by the diehards, but the level of output and the less than professional way that that output has been delivered really shows that Axl had no huge artistic vision, he just wanted to own GNR, plain and simple. There is nothing on CD that was beyond the old band to play. The end of GNR I was about power, control and money not art.

GNR III will soon be wilting just like GNR II because the boss ain't interested in letting his highly trained and eager musicians do their thing. Believe me, playing somebody else songs for a living is the bottom rung for any pro-musician.

When it comes to GNR Axl values seem to be stacked as follows:
1. Power & Control
2. Money
3. Art

With Power & Control and Number 1, the reunion can't go ahead no matter what money is on the table and a new album is not coming soon because there is currently more money to be made and less hassle to endure touring the current back catalogue.

Good thing I got you around to supply me with an opinion.

Coming off a tad bitchy there Rhiad. You can do better.

war

war wrote:
Bono wrote:
war wrote:

you responded to my post and i was simply agreeing with someone else. that's not whining. yet you jump right in with several posts about it. the only one whining is you. i don't have glasses on, of any kind. i agree with the majority of what you say when it is negative......all 1,00 times 14

yeah pretty sure my first response was to you and ID and the second was a direct response to ID. Clearly you missed that though.

if you dont use the quote feature people assume you are responded to their post when your post comes directly after theirs and is relevant in content.

i did a poll with my facebook friends and they agreed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
war wrote:

i did a poll with my facebook friends and they agreed

Now that was funny 14

war

war wrote: