You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

gnfnraxl wrote:

Not sure if this is news but Slash said in an interview that GNR won't play.  Here is the link: http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/S/Sla … 32276.html

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

Slash talks about old Gn'R as if it was some little project that didn't work out. YOU WERE THE BIGGEST BAND IN THE WORLD! Stop talking as if you are so oblivious to it and go play a couple damn songs.

"Its been so long since I've had anything to do with Guns N' Roses that I just don't really get it"- Slash

Are your freaking believeing me!? Guns N' Roses is the reason why you can't walk down the street without getting noticed, and why you live in a mansion., and played in a Super Bowl halftime

Don't act as if you totally forgot about it all.

Here's to Slash "Man Up!"- Judge Joe Brown

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I believe the other members are still bascially walking around on eggshells regarding Axl.  I'm sure they all want to play (except Axl and who knows about Izzy) yet if they all come out Adler style saying, "we really wanna play, it will be so cool, but hey Axl is the sticking point".  Then I would imagine that would just get up Axl's nose even more.

So in order to play it cool, not paint Axl as the one dick holding out that doesn't want to do it, they are down playing it, or in Slash's case saying it won't happen.  They don't wanna piss Axl off further and give him any more reason to be annoyed and not play or maybe not even attend.

Jeez I mean don't try tell me that Slash wouldn't want to get up and play at such an event.  Hell he would go to the opening of an envelope and play guitar, so there is no way in hell he wouldn't want to perform at this.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I still say they play!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Interesting that regarding Axl coming he says "I would assume so but we haven’t talked about it”. Isn't his normal line that he hasn't spoken to Axl at all for years? Am I reading too much here or does that mean maybe they have at least talked about something even if not RRHOF?

I agree with Aussie though, all i ever get from Slash and Duff is diplomacy...Axl is unpredictable in their eyes and I think they do whatever they think is least likely to make him mad.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Let's just wait and see what happens I guess. If they play then that would be cool and if it's just them smiling and shaking hands and letting 20 or more years of feuding dead and buried, that would be just as awesome.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

They are playing

Gonna be a giant surprise.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
-D- wrote:

They are playing

Gonna be a giant surprise.

Its gonna a be hard when axl want rock up 21

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Would be amazing if they did - but even conversations together on the night might be progress for the future.

Remember VR started when Slash, Duff and Matt played some charity show and realised they still had a vibe together.

If Old gnr hung out and there wasn't the bullshit there usually is...maybe one day in the future....

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Would be amazing if they did - but even conversations together on the night might be progress for the future.

Remember VR started when Slash, Duff and Matt played some charity show and realised they still had a vibe together.

If Old gnr hung out and there wasn't the bullshit there usually is...maybe one day in the future....

Yeah i agree mate i just cant see axl showing up

Board footer