You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

faldor wrote:
Scabbie wrote:
russtcb wrote:

This is why I say Axl is literally damned either way. If dude comes out and kills it with the original guys, everyone will shit on him for going back to tour with "today's Guns N' Roses" and if he doesn't do it, everyone will shit on him.

Probably. Mostly his fault. But I'd have far more respect for him if he'd 'man up' and do the reunion. Unless he releases an album quickly which is his get out of jail card.

That's kind of where I'm at right now.  I'd have no problem with Axl not wanting to "reunite" for one night if there was some new music on the horizon.  I love that the band is touring like crazy right now and I love that they're playing a fair amount of Chinese Democracy tracks while mixing in some older gems.  BUT, when they start hitting up the same countries, cities, venues without anything "new" to push, that's when I scratch my head a little.  I get that Axl is upset that the album release was screwed up from the beginning and he feels it deserves to be given its due.  But I still don't see what they're doing now as giving the album its just due.  I think that ship has sailed.  You can't really promote and push an album 4 years after the record company has wiped their hands clean of it.  It just doesn't work that way.  And there's NO indication of any new music on the horizon, so it makes me wonder.

It'd just be a lot easier to swallow Axl's wanting to take this current lineup to new heights, if there were any clear signs of them trending in that direction.  Unfortunately, it's a tough spot.  Albums don't really sell anymore.  Money isn't made off of albums.  I'm sure the label isn't thrilled at the prospect of a new GNR album after all that happened with the last one.  Music videos are a thing of the past.  Axl doesn't like doing interviews.  There's not a whole lot going for them, aside from them touring at this point, which is why I guess they continue to do so.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Ali, you should be an Irish politician you play the semantic game so well 22:haha:

Izzy stated he was totally up for a reunion in 2011.

FPMN: Of course, rumors are always swirling of a Guns N' Roses reunion. What are your feelings about that? If that ever happened, would you agree to participate in it?

Izzy: I'd love to reunite with AFD lineup. I'd do it in a heartbeat if it was just us five. No disrespect to Dizzy Reed.

Source: http://www.mamasfallenangels.com/group/ … st-24-2011

It's all down to Axl man...

Yeah, but does that mean he will be at the HOF?  If he's not there, they cannot have a full reunion at the induction ceremony.

Ali

Ali

Ali wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Ali, you should be an Irish politician you play the semantic game so well 22:haha:

Izzy stated he was totally up for a reunion in 2011.

FPMN: Of course, rumors are always swirling of a Guns N' Roses reunion. What are your feelings about that? If that ever happened, would you agree to participate in it?

Izzy: I'd love to reunite with AFD lineup. I'd do it in a heartbeat if it was just us five. No disrespect to Dizzy Reed.

Source: http://www.mamasfallenangels.com/group/ … st-24-2011

It's all down to Axl man...

Awesome find. Ali just got pwned again.... Lol

Not really.  That makes no mention of him showing up AT THE HOF roll

That's what we are talking, not a reunion album or tour.  And notice how he specifies with the AFD lineup.  Matt Sorum will be at the HOF, too.

Ali

bobo
 Rep: -7 

bobo wrote:

axl is the one dick holding this shit up

Ali

Ali wrote:
Aussie wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

So Ali what do you think is the reason Slash didn't play that night with Izzy, Duff and Adler?

It would seem to me that the most likely reason is that he didn't want to be involved in what would be covered in the press as a GNR reunion without the full line up in attendance.

That could be because he thought it would anger Axl, or it could be because he wanted to save the reunion card for a huge $200m live nation tour (the one that Axl turned down)..or maybe it's some other reason.....but in any event it seems that the most likely reason for no performance at RRHOF will be that Axl has said there is "Zero" chance of him dealing with slash...pretty clear cut to me.

Exactly this!  Slash would have gotten up if Axl was there too I would bet my life on it.  Slash went along to support Steven but also on the off chance (however slim it was) that Axl might turn up.  If that was the case then I have no doubt in my mind he would have got up and played with them.

But because Axl didn't show he didn't play.  He is playing the diplomat and hoping not to anger Axl even further by being seen to be involved in a GNR reunion but without Axl.  He probably also wanted to save a bit of face by not looking like he was desperate for a reunion too.

Ali I think it's clear to almost everyone that Axl is the roadblock to any brief performance (like HOF or even Adler's little thing a few years ago).

Now a full blown reunion tour, album etc then that doesn't hinge on just Axl even if he said he would do it.  The others guys demands and expecations I'm sure would need to be filled too.  But to think any of the original guys other than Axl and possibly Izzy, would be the stumbling block to them getting up and jamming for a few songs in a one off scenario, you would have to be crazy.

Look at it this way, the other guys (excluding Axl and maybe Izzy) would throw their current projects under the bus in a second for any sort of original GNR performance.  Axl would be much more considered before doing this and would need much more convincing.  So again I say Axl is the roadblock to any brief original GNR performance, despite any diplomatic statements being made by the other guys.

Let me get this straight.  You say that Axl is THE roadblock, as in the only roadblock, to a reunion, and yet you say in addition to Axl, Izzy would not throw his current project under the bus for a reunion performance? 10

Like I said, bet anything you want, but there is zilch in Slash's statement about that fateful night in 2007 at the Key Club that indicates his decision to not participate was dependent on Axl's presence.  I'm sorry, but that's just the truth.  Is it possible what you're saying is correct?  Yes, it's possible.  But, it is in no one way, shape or form supported by Slash's comments.

Ali

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
faldor wrote:
Scabbie wrote:
russtcb wrote:

This is why I say Axl is literally damned either way. If dude comes out and kills it with the original guys, everyone will shit on him for going back to tour with "today's Guns N' Roses" and if he doesn't do it, everyone will shit on him.

Probably. Mostly his fault. But I'd have far more respect for him if he'd 'man up' and do the reunion. Unless he releases an album quickly which is his get out of jail card.

That's kind of where I'm at right now.  I'd have no problem with Axl not wanting to "reunite" for one night if there was some new music on the horizon.  I love that the band is touring like crazy right now and I love that they're playing a fair amount of Chinese Democracy tracks while mixing in some older gems.  BUT, when they start hitting up the same countries, cities, venues without anything "new" to push, that's when I scratch my head a little.  I get that Axl is upset that the album release was screwed up from the beginning and he feels it deserves to be given its due.  But I still don't see what they're doing now as giving the album its just due.  I think that ship has sailed.  You can't really promote and push an album 4 years after the record company has wiped their hands clean of it.  It just doesn't work that way.  And there's NO indication of any new music on the horizon, so it makes me wonder.

It'd just be a lot easier to swallow Axl's wanting to take this current lineup to new heights, if there were any clear signs of them trending in that direction.  Unfortunately, it's a tough spot.  Albums don't really sell anymore.  Money isn't made off of albums.  I'm sure the label isn't thrilled at the prospect of a new GNR album after all that happened with the last one.  Music videos are a thing of the past.  Axl doesn't like doing interviews.  There's not a whole lot going for them, aside from them touring at this point, which is why I guess they continue to do so.

Is that how much of a whore Axl Rose is? What about the art?

Theres a million bands out there creating and proudly showing off their art for little to no financial reward, its all about the art.

999,999 of those bands dont have any mainstream support or interest whatsoever. They would kill for even the tiniest fraction imaginable of the kind of resources, opportunity and privilege Axl Rose has at a nod or a whim.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

And there's NO indication of any new music on the horizon, so it makes me wonder.

I hear ya...but then I also think that given we know Axl has a more tracks up his sleave (at least another album worth if not more depending on whose account you listen to) in various stages of development...I'd assume the long term plan is to eventually release something new.

And as you point out...unfortunately since we all steal music (sorry personal rant lol) the industry is now pretty much only about the touring....

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

but there is zilch in Slash's statement about that fateful night in 2007 at the Key Club that indicates his decision to not participate was dependent on Axl's presence.  I'm sorry, but that's just the truth.  Is it possible what you're saying is correct?  Yes, it's possible.  But, it is in no one way, shape or form supported by Slash's comments.

Ali

It's totally supported in Slash's comments.

He said hat he didn't play at Steve's birthday because it was billed as a GNR reunion and "I can't supoort that because that's not what it was".

If himself, Izzy, Duff and Steve where there, why was it not a GNR reunion, because Axl wasn't a part of it.

You seem to think that's me reading things into the comments, but then when Izzy says he'd love a reunion with the original guys - you are happy to assume that means he'd refuse a reunion at the RRHOF because Matt would also be there? Even though both Matt and Steven have confirmed that they would be happy to share duties with each other in any reunion scenario. That's more of a stretch.

Seems to me Izzy just wants the old guys cos that's who did AFD and not the Axl controlled new era that he played with recently. And those 5 guys would be at RRHOF...fuck even Matt wants steve to play.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

did he say because axl wasn't there? if not, it's possible slash just didn't want to be a part of something labeled a "gnr reunion".

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

For the record...

I'm not on some mission to bash Axl.

To me he's the greatest living songwriter around and the best frontman.

I'm just saying as true as I believe that to be, I also think it's true that out of the original 5 guys - he is the least likely to want a reunion.

I mean damn...if he was posting himself and you asked him if he'd like to play with slash what do you think he'd seriously say?

Slash lives in his ass. He's a cancer. He's uninspired. It's slash that stopped them making a new AFD. Slash ruined the UYI records.  There's zero possibility of him having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush and then it wouldn't be pretty. How much do you want?

Like I say, I love Axl's music, but he just DOES NOT WANT TO PLAY with slash EVER again.

Twist and turn it as much as you like and come up with ways to blame izzy or slash or whatever for it....but at the end of the day I've never seem Duff say in an interview he'll die before he reunites, there's no where in print where slash calls Axl a cancer and says there's no chance of ever being with him again....

Axl is great but we need to take the bad with the good, and bottom line is, he is the one that least wants a reunion.

Board footer