You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

war wrote:

because "it wasn't a reunion" could mean several things. even if axl was there he may have refused to play for the same reason. it's too much of an assumption for me as well.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Here is a different angle

What if Axl doesn't wanna reunite because he has the "Reunion" in his back pocket in case he ever goes broke or really really really needs it.

If they play at HOF and sound like shit or underwhelms.. maybe that knocks some millions off the price.

thoughts?

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Ali if you can't see that Slash saying that that gig was not a GNR gig implies that it wouldn't be without Axl present then you really must not respect Axl's input into what makes GNR wink

Here is the fundamental problem with what you're saying.  You are assuming a knowledge on Slash's part of Axl's intentions and/or whereabouts that night.  He makes no mention of any such knowledge.  He did not once say, "Well, I knew Axl wasn't going to be there".  You are assuming he had that knowledge.  That assumption, while it may be theoretically correct, is not supported by Slash's comments.  I'm sorry, but that is the truth.  If you disagree, then please point out to me where in the transcript from the interview I posted he mentions knowing Axl will not be there.

Ali

He doesn't need to know. He CAME to the venue. When he got there it was  himself, Izzy, Duff and Steve in attendance. Then he decided not to get up on stage and left for "personal reasons". When asked why he didn't play - he said word was out that it was a a GNR reunion and he couldn't support that by playing because that's not what it was. And the reason it wasn't is pretty damn obvious...how are we even arguing about this  smile

Of course he must know. He left before the show started. Axl is historically late. How the hell would he know if Axl decided to show up halfway through the gig? He wouldn't!!!

Ali

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
war wrote:

because "it wasn't a reunion" could mean several things. even if axl was there he may have refused to play for the same reason. it's too much of an assumption for me as well.

Exactly.

Ali

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The only other reason that would make sense as to why it wasn't a reunion - other than the blatant absence of Axl - would be that it was happening at a birthday party at the key club.

Slash is media savy and he knows what a big deal a real GNR reunion would be...it's possible he didn't want to waste that publicity and blow his reunion load on such a small time gig. You can only do one comeback show after all - best to get the most possible attention for it.

Either way through the reason you used it as an example that Slash would avoid RRHOF is void. Possible logical reasons for slash refusing to play that night are:

1. Axl was not there.
2. It was too small time to be a GNR reunion.
3. There were tensions with scott in VR about GNR rumours.

So for RRHOF...VR is no longer stopping Slash doing anything, the RRHOF will get massive media exposure if they play. Meanwhile for years now he's only ever said diplomatic things about GNR and Axl including recently saying that he wanted to end all animosity between himself and Axl. He has never once indicated that he wouldn't be open to a one off show - and in fact on several occasions has hinted that a one-off thing would probably be better for the band than a true long term reformation.

Meanwhile Axl has said nothing but horrible things about Slash for the better part of a decade now, and has not at all watched his words, including calling slash cancer after slash's mom passed from the illness, and is on the record as expecting death before any such show will take place.

So given all that is needed for the fanfare to take place is Axl and Slash to appear on the one song on stage together. It's absolutely farcical to me that you're looking for ways to suggest that it's Slash who refused the performance.

Only way that would ever happen would be if Axl asked for something outrageous - like he  will play the show if the others surrender their publishing rights or something that makes no sense like that. But in terms of who is likely to refuse...just ask one of them about the other and see what you get...

war

war wrote:

those are your conclusions and, though they make sense,  slash hasn't confirmed them. perhaps slash isn't interested in a reunion and is letting axl be the bad guy in that result.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Didn't Axl say in an interview basically Slash is the reason there is no reunion? He is so hard to understand in interviews.. but he said something bout a reunion not happening has been reiterrated by one man.

can't remember which one.. maybe that homework thing.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yes they are my conclusions but they are based upon rational analysis of all the available data.

I may not be correct, but to believe it this way requires the least deviation from what we do know. Sure maybe slash secretly doesn't want to reunite, maybe Axl secretly does, I'm just going with their public comments which has Slash watching his words while Axl talks about one of them dying before it will happen.

Anyway, I'll stop filling up this thread with my crap, and like I say I'm a huge fan of Axl, but I don't see it as disrespectful to acknowledge that he himself  has said on many occasions that he doesn't want to reunite with Slash or anything to do with him under any circumstances. So i find it a stretch for others to be suggesting that an Axl/Slash collaboration is being boycotted by Slash, Duff or anyone other than Axl.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

It's fascinating that some can question Slash's intentions about the RRHOF induction and they do question all that god Axl said about the reunion in the past 10+ years. You do not have any fact, or the slightest insinuation to back your stuff, yet you are the ones who act like facts and interviews were not enough proof to form a legitimate opinion? Gimme a break. Only your blind Axlite fanatism backs your bullshit hater story abot Salsh not wanting the reunion, but Axl would be so eager to do that, or at least he'd 'do it for the fans' or what. Bullshit. B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T. You could say that you don't want it for whatever zealot reason, but trying to build up a paralel universe is ridiculous. I wonder how you'll save your face when Axl comes out with his next hate rant about Slash and the reunion.

war

war wrote:

it's a respectful discussion. not crap.

Board footer