You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:

Again, you misunderstand. I'm not saying that Slash's reasons for not playin that night at the Key Club would be the reasons why he'd avoid the HOF induction as a reunion opportunity. I'm citing that as an example as to
how another band member could theoretically elect to not participate in a reunion for whatever reasons they may have, be it Slash or Izzy, etc.

Ali

It's hilarious how often numerous people continue to discredit the theories you post and yet you continueally come back with  "You missed my point" or "you don't understand" I'm pretty sure it's you Ali who doesn't understand.

No, nothing was discredited. And, if you had actually bothered to follow the dialog, you'd know what was going on. But, apparently you did not, so you don't. As I see it, I've yet to see one bit of information to confirm that all the old band will attend the HOF ceremony, and all the others besides Axl want to perform. And, with regards to the Key Club show, I've yet to see any statement from Slash saying that A) he knew Axl was not going to be there, and B) that is why he did not elect to perform with Izzy, Duff and Steven Adler. Until, you or anyone else can show those things, I don't see anything I said being proven wrong.

Ali

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Ali you would never make a good detective, because you dont seem to be able to piece all the information together even when it's right in front of you.

Can you show me a fact that says Slash wouldn't have played at the Key Club if Ax was there and got up and sang? Can you show me one bit of information confirming that any of the old band won't be at the HOF or won't play if Axl does?  If you can't then by your logic we haven't been proven wrong with our opinions either.

Ali

Ali wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Ali you would never make a good detective, because you dont seem to be able to piece all the information together even when it's right in front of you.

Can you show me a fact that says Slash wouldn't have played at the Key Club if Ax was there and got up and sang? Can you show me one bit of information confirming that any of the old band won't be at the HOF or won't play if Axl does?  If you can't then by your logic we haven't been proven wrong with our opinions either.

Yeah, that isn't my reasoning at all. I'm not assuming anything beyond explicit statements or known facts. The reasoning you describe sounds more like a comic on logic I saw. 16

Ali

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Too many people trying to be smartass Jarmo. Problem is here you don't have the ban button.

Face it: everything points to Axl not wanting to perform. You can understand his motives, you can support him, but trying to put the blame on Slash (when you don't even want the reunion) is utterly ridiculous. Axlites you can do better.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I think the four of them should play. Do easy,brownstone and whatever else and make axl look like a giant douche for sitting there

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
-D- wrote:

I think the four of them should play. Do easy,brownstone and whatever else and make axl look like a giant douche for sitting there

14 I just cant get over how stubern he is just a couple of songs that all. I fully understand if he doesnt want a full blow tour but fuck me 2 songs how hard is that

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
-D- wrote:

Precisely!

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
-D- wrote:

I think monkey was right about it a few days ago: Slash (and maybe the others, too) doesn't wanna spoil the chances of a later reunion, with forcing Axl to play, or play without him and make him look like a douche. Slash & Co. doesn't want to win this public 'battle', at least not for the price of ruining all future possibilities. They've been very civic and cautios about Axl in the past 5+ years.
I think that Slash & Co thinks that the RRHOF is a good possibility to meet and talk with Axl, without those parasitic middlemen. It's good enough. Reunion is not a short term plan for any of them (except Steven), but they are not against it, for sure, if the conditions are right. They have their own stuff going on, they have enough to do for years, be it playing all over the world and releasing a shitload of albums, or living in a truck in SA. They are neither so worried, nor so eager about a reunion that they'd ruin the chances with 2 Axlless songs on a not so major event.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

so when is this show Middle of april sometime

Ali

Ali wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Too many people trying to be smartass Jarmo. Problem is here you don't have the ban button.

Face it: everything points to Axl not wanting to perform. You can understand his motives, you can support him, but trying to put the blame on Slash (when you don't even want the reunion) is utterly ridiculous. Axlites you can do better.

It's pretty simple: of course Axl's feelings on a reunion are the most public and evidently most strong. But, this is a five person band lineup, so more is it play than just Axl's position on the topic.

I fail to see what is so difficult to understand about that.

Ali

Board footer