You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

war wrote:

bono, who do you think is the road block?

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah Even if playing together at HOF doesn't happen, they don't want the whole thing to be be a bad experience giving Axl even more ammunition as to why it should never ever happen even at a later date.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
war wrote:

Just putting it out there of those in denial that it's him. If people would just use their brains rather than expressing their weird allegiance to Axl I and other's wouldn't have to reiterate the point.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Bono wrote:
war wrote:

Just putting it out there of those in denial that it's him. If people would just use their brains rather than expressing their weird allegiance to Axl I and other's wouldn't have to reiterate the point.

wink

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I will concede that we don't know Axl's view on playing. If the other guys contacted him and said how about we play a couple of songs on the night for old times sake, he might say yes, simpe as that.  But sadly it seems these days the other guys are either too scared of angering the master or can't be bothered with the shit of trying to organse things through handlers and all the associated crap. So even indirectly Axl becomes the stumbling block.

I mean let's say they wanted to get Izzys agreement I'm sure Slash would pick up the phone talk to him, say this is what we want to do and then Izzy would say yes or no whether he was in.

I'm sure it's not that simple with Axl. Firstly they wouldn't be able to talk to him direct, they would have to go through his "handlers".  Then Chinese whispers would occur and things would get twisted or distorted, promises and demands allegedly made or not made from both sides etc etc and the whole thing would end up being a big ball of fuck.

bobo
 Rep: -7 

bobo wrote:

bono, axl rose isn't the road block. it's your opinion axl's to blame. there's not any facts to back this theory up

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

"What’s clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion."

Theres your fact right there 14

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Axl might be the roadblock, but I still think the big question mark is Izzy. We haven't heard shit from him. Have we? I personally don't see it as a "reunion" without Izzy.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Axl might be the roadblock, but I still think the big question mark is Izzy. We haven't heard shit from him. Have we? I personally don't see it as a "reunion" without Izzy.

It wouldn't be a true reunion that's for sure. the Public doesn't need Izzy involved though to see it as such. Also all the other reunions have happend. Slash and Axl together is THE reunion regardless of what happens. Just the two of them face to face would be HUGE.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I think Bono is full of shit saying that about Axl.

Steven Adler is clearly the guy holding this shit up.

Board footer