You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

-D- wrote:

Izzy performed with new GNR and VR

please.. he wouldn't reunite with originals for one off performance?

Get out with that BS

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
-D- wrote:

Get out with that BS

He has yet to confirm his presence at the HOF induction ceremony, D.  He can't very well perform if he is not there.  Until it's know he's there, his presence, or lack thereof, cannot be excluded as a potential roadblock to a full reunion performance.  Not the ONLY roadblock, but A roadblock.

Ali

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

Get out with that BS

Neil Young did the same thing more than once at the HOF. No showed even though he's played with the bands before and after induction.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

axl and his people have made it clear that he is not interested in a reunion but until that changes any of the other guys can stay quiet, they can waffle, or they can yell form the mountain tops that they want to reunite........it doesn't matter because axl will always be to blame for it not happening, in the public's eye.

until axl comes out and tries we will never know for sure if he is the only roadblock or if it will happen.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I wake up this morning and I see that Slash is no longer the villian since he came out and flat out said what most of us had already deduced - he wants to play.  But Izzy is still potentially fucking up the night and unless he makes an unequivocal statment that he wants to play, even if he turns up, then he could still be held to blame for no performance.  lol

My view is obviously well known, I believe Axl is potentially the stumbling block to a one off HOF perrformance.  Do I know this 100% - No.  But, here is how I form my views, both here and in real life.  I use known factual information where it's available.  I then add to that my own experience learned from past situations and other logic to come up with my view of the world. 

Same thing applies to this HOF thing.  I look at past facts - Axl still seems to hate Slash going by his continual negative comments over time about the man, too numerous to list.  The other guys if they haven't flat out said they want to play like Adler, have either played with Axl (i.e. their actions) or appear to be cool with him and where they are currently at now - e.g. Sorum. Past experience tells me Axl hates Slash having anything to do with the GN'R name too.

From there I form my opinion that if things don't go ahead it will be due to Axl not wanting to play with them.  Or the others being too frightended to even make contact about it with him, lest they get told to fuck off by the housekeeper or if they are really lucky Axl himself, thereby jeopardising any future reconciliation etc.

Is this positon I hold all based on 100% facts - No!  But if I tried to go through life like that I would never leave my fucking house.  Shit I might be hit by a car when I walk out the door, I don't know 100% so should I just wait inside until somehow I do know 100%?  Of course not, I make an informed judgement about the liklihood of the situation and walk out the door.

Forming opinions like this has served me pretty well.  Most of the time they are pretty accurate, sometimes they are wrong.  So far on the HOF thing I have been proven correct with Duff saying it would be cool to play and now Slash coming out and saying he would like to play.

So I say weigh up the known facts and past experience then tell me with a straight face who is likely to be the fly in the ointment for a HOF performance?  Im not having a go at Axl about this either, he has been very strong on his postion regarding playing with the old guys collectively, I'm just using that position with other information to suggest then that he is the roadblock to a performance.

There rant over, I'm done with this discussion it's doing my head in that some people can't accept what appears to me to be as plain as day.

Aussie

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

HMMM Listen to last minute. Slash wants to play.. housekeeper made it clear Axl wouldn't. Fuck that shit

http://media.waaf.com/a/53614951/slash- … II.twitter

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Ali wrote:

I must have missed the point where it was confirmed that Izzy will show up and wants to play that night at the HOF with the old band.

Sure he didn't SPECIFICALLY mention the RRHOF but he did express desire to play with the original line up. Indeed, given his comments about Dizzy, I'd suggest he's more likely to agree to to the RRHOF than some other random show as the focus is undoubtedly on the AFD band rather than the future variations...which was exactly what he was suggesting he'd like to happen.

Hell..even if Izzy wasn't up for it (which again - would directly contravene his aforementioned public position on GNR reunions) you could bring in Gilby or any other fill in Rhythm player and the world would get on board for the Axl/Slash/Duff fest just as they did in the UYI tour.

The point is EVERY old GNR member has expressed a desire to reunite with the others in some shape or form, except Axl, who has EXPLICITLY denied any intention to do so and aside from the harsh things he said about the others, he has also DIRECTLY said that he will refuse a performance with the old line up because the "price is too high".

If you want to talk about a full time reunion then there's probably sticking points with the ex-members, but in terms of a one-off show, then it's well established that all members are fine with it except Axl.

Does it make him a good or a bad guy? I don't know. From his point of view (new band etc) he probably has great and valid reasons to avoid getting up with Slash. So i'm in no rush to paint him as some villain - but I think it's about time we accept the truth of situation, a truth that he himself directly expresses over and over again in interviews - that he DOES NOT want to play with Slash and that a reunion WILL NOT happen because AXL does not want it to.

To hell with the pressure - he's not caving in!

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Mikka is clearly irrational... You are borderline irrational and full blown disrespectful, arrogant and abrasive. Your opinions on Axl and GN'R are pretty much irrelevant to me, especially Mikka, personally, because of how jaded you guys are and how YOU decide to interact with people.

Learn how to talk to people, bono. What is pathetic is your constant, needless, unusual aggression and temper tantrums and how you like to attack people. Take a pill, take a hit, or whatever, and calm down. It's not that big of a deal.

I've said many times that this could all easily be Axl's fault. I'd totally accept that if it's the case. There seems to be a lot more going on than that, imo. I haven't ignored anything. And there's still a possibility that they could play... This obviously means more to you guys than me if they play at the HOF. The HOF easily means more to you than me, considering your constant meltdowns on the subject.

And if this doesn't mean that much to you personally, in the real world, good. I hope so.

smile

The day you stop telling people who dont' share your view that they are misreable people and unhappy in their own lives is the day I show you repsect.  It doesn't effect me at all. It has no baring on my level of happiness so the notion that you continue to express that it does is a fucking joke dude. You need help.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I wake up this morning and I see that Slash is no longer the villian since he came out and flat out said what most of us had already deduced - he wants to play.  But Izzy is still potentially fucking up the night and unless he makes an unequivocal statment that he wants to play, even if he turns up, then he could still be held to blame for no performance.  lol

My view is obviously well known, I believe Axl is potentially the stumbling block to a one off HOF perrformance.  Do I know this 100% - No.  But, here is how I form my views, both here and in real life.  I use known factual information where it's available.  I then add to that my own experience learned from past situations and other logic to come up with my view of the world. 

Same thing applies to this HOF thing.  I look at past facts - Axl still seems to hate Slash going by his continual negative comments over time about the man, too numerous to list.  The other guys if they haven't flat out said they want to play like Adler, have either played with Axl (i.e. their actions) or appear to be cool with him and where they are currently at now - e.g. Sorum. Past experience tells me Axl hates Slash having anything to do with the GN'R name too.

From there I form my opinion that if things don't go ahead it will be due to Axl not wanting to play with them.  Or the others being too frightended to even make contact about it with him, lest they get told to fuck off by the housekeeper or if they are really lucky Axl himself, thereby jeopardising any future reconciliation etc.

Is this positon I hold all based on 100% facts - No!  But if I tried to go through life like that I would never leave my fucking house.  Shit I might be hit by a car when I walk out the door, I don't know 100% so should I just wait inside until somehow I do know 100%?  Of course not, I make an informed judgement about the liklihood of the situation and walk out the door.

Forming opinions like this has served me pretty well.  Most of the time they are pretty accurate, sometimes they are wrong.  So far on the HOF thing I have been proven correct with Duff saying it would be cool to play and now Slash coming out and saying he would like to play.

So I say weigh up the known facts and past experience then tell me with a straight face who is likely to be the fly in the ointment for a HOF performance?  Im not having a go at Axl about this either, he has been very strong on his postion regarding playing with the old guys collectively, I'm just using that position with other information to suggest then that he is the roadblock to a performance.

There rant over, I'm done with this discussion it's doing my head in that some people can't accept what appears to me to be as plain as day.

Aussie

Awesome. Thanks dude. Aussie knows how to talk to people unlike myself and yet despite how much sense all this makes some nut job will come back and say "Do you know for a fact.... blah blah blah" 

roll

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Mikka is clearly irrational... You are borderline irrational and full blown disrespectful, arrogant and abrasive. Your opinions on Axl and GN'R are pretty much irrelevant to me, especially Mikka, personally, because of how jaded you guys are and how YOU decide to interact with people.

Learn how to talk to people, bono. What is pathetic is your constant, needless, unusual aggression and temper tantrums and how you like to attack people. Take a pill, take a hit, or whatever, and calm down. It's not that big of a deal.

I've said many times that this could all easily be Axl's fault. I'd totally accept that if it's the case. There seems to be a lot more going on than that, imo. I haven't ignored anything. And there's still a possibility that they could play... This obviously means more to you guys than me if they play at the HOF. The HOF easily means more to you than me, considering your constant meltdowns on the subject.

And if this doesn't mean that much to you personally, in the real world, good. I hope so.

smile

The day you stop telling people who dont' share your view that they are misreable people and unhappy in their own lives is the day I show you repsect.  It doesn't effect me at all. It has no baring on my level of happiness so the notion that you continue to express that it does is a fucking joke dude. You need help.

Fascinating that people who cannot accept the reality and hate those that bring it into their la-la-la-land can be so touchy. mrID is on my ignore list, so I don't even read his posts, only if somebody's quoting it. But I feel my decision is justified by every bit of what I happen to see from him.
For some of you, mrID, DCK and some others, it's a battle for Axl. Good for you. Your only hope for the HOF is a hug to 'piss some people off' here. Good for you. BTW it's pathetic that you are teaching others how to behave, how to think, how not to think, and you dare to send people to psychiatrist, when you are utterly fuckin' crazy - or more of a zealot than a Stalinist. Keep on preachin', guys, Axl will invite backstage someday. 22

Board footer