You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

monkeychow wrote:

MisterID all I am saying is people talk shit about this band because of the actions of this band and it's past and present affiliates.

It's that simple.

Is everything D says accurate? No. Is everything I say? No. Am I wrong a lot? Probably? Are you? Probably.

People talk crap about Jarmo cos he was a fan of the old band who suddenly began a policy of extreme censorship on his site, not to mention dismissing previous members and then was richly rewarded (coincidently or otherwise) by being made an official member of the crew and granted many GNR experiences and access. It's unusual so it gets noticed.

People talk crap about Beta and Fernando because they've lived an abnormal life. It's unusual for celebrities such as Axl to take people who were once paid housekeepers and similar servant roles and convert them into family members and business leaders. No disrespect intended to them. But it attracts attention because it's not regular. Meanwhile they've also had interactions with fans, been involved in things like music leaks, and are sometimes referred to by other famous people including ex-mangers, ex-band members and so on. I have never spoken about Dave Mustaine's mother because she isn't part of the story of megadeth. For better or worse Beta is a part of GNR history now.

People talk about all the ex members of GNR because they are famous, because they maintain a massive media feud and war, and because they often make strange comments about one another.

Those are the reasons there is drama and it's nothing to do with what someone posts on here.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I am not sure exactly what I posted......... LOL

Thought it was rather tame to some of my shit.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Has to be a reason Axl hates Slash and no one else in the band who have equally said or did shit on the level as Slash.

I thought message forums were for speculation, coming up with possible scenarios, commentary etc etc etc

Not too far out there to think Axl hates the fact Slash doesn't need him to be successful.

Also, for the record, when I met Jarmo at Nashville show.. I told him to his face i thought Robin Finck sucked. 13

never once kissed his ass or even mentioned going backstage or none of that shit.

I can sway from one side to the other based on what happens but thats cause i am a GNR fan.

not an Axl fan, not a Slash fan etc etc. I love the band i grew up with and i go from side to side based on what is going on.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

MisterID all I am saying is people talk shit about this band because of the actions of this band and it's past and present affiliates.

It's that simple.

Is everything D says accurate? No. Is everything I say? No. Am I wrong a lot? Probably? Are you? Probably.

People talk crap about Jarmo cos he was a fan of the old band who suddenly began a policy of extreme censorship on his site, not to mention dismissing previous members and then was richly rewarded (coincidently or otherwise) by being made an official member of the crew and granted many GNR experiences and access. It's unusual so it gets noticed.

People talk crap about Beta and Fernando because they've lived an abnormal life. It's unusual for celebrities such as Axl to take people who were once paid housekeepers and similar servant roles and convert them into family members and business leaders. No disrespect intended to them. But it attracts attention because it's not regular. Meanwhile they've also had interactions with fans, been involved in things like music leaks, and are sometimes referred to by other famous people including ex-mangers, ex-band members and so on. I have never spoken about Dave Mustaine's mother because she isn't part of the story of megadeth. For better or worse Beta is a part of GNR history now.

People talk about all the ex members of GNR because they are famous, because they maintain a massive media feud and war, and because they often make strange comments about one another.

Those are the reasons there is drama and it's nothing to do with what someone posts on here.

But monkey, people are responsible for their own posts they make on this site. We don't have to post about it but we do. You're saying he's not responsible for any drama... That makes no sense. Hell, even I've been responsible for drama here. Ask Bono. 16

People create their own drama. Bobo created drama, but according to you, he was really just acting according to the drama that already existed and created by Axl, so he has no responsibility for the drama he created. Makes no sense. If it did, bobo wouldn't be banned right now. He took it upon himself to post things he knew would get a rise out of people, he started drama, just like D does... Just not on bobo scale, right D? big_smile

And for the record...

I did it all for the P-U-S-S-Y.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, no need to place any blame on the instigators. No more talking shit about jarmo, Beta or Fernando...

Like, don't blame the cheater, just blame infidelity as a whole... or something like that. Or Vaginas in general. Pussy makes people cheat, so it's all actually the pussy's fault. This is so enlightening. Yes, we have now figured out who we can blame for starting shit. Pussy.

Better yet, lets just blame Satan for everything. I hear he's really the cause of all the worlds problems. So basically, he's the cause of the GN'R strife.

Or we can just call out people who intentionally try to start shit for their own reasons, like bagging the band, the singer, the music, creating ridiculous scenerios so your idol has zero blame, and run with that as fact, and just making dumbass statements to bait people in more lame arguments, and are responsible for their own actions... That or blame Lucifer. Whichever floats your boat.

Your'e hilarious. You constantly tell others how miserable they must be and how personal and serious they take al this stuff. The people who don't glorify Axl only do so because they need to prop their hero up. Uh huh roll  Look at the post you just made. Unbelievable. Time to logoff dude and just relax about the whole thing. It's not your job to defend the honor of Guns N' Roses. The assumptions, theories, jokes etc etc are not directed at you or your family.  Seperate yourself from it dude.

To quote Ronald Reagan, "There you go again."

I'm not defending the honor of GN'R, or Axl (that actually had nothing to do with it). I thought it was a funny theory so I gave a funny response... So, calm down, dude, it's just joking aorund. Stop taking shit so serious. wink

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i don't see slash's success as the reason. axl doesn't seem in any way interested in doing what slash does to be so popular. plus.....the hate can be traced as far back as the 90's before the accumulative success of slash's endeavors and the arguable failure of cd. may be a secondary issue but something happened at some point. could be as little as the fact that slash left first.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

You could tell there was tension between the band members around the time Appetite broke and even the months when Dizzy entered the picture and Steven left. That led to a huge division in the way of band structure. I think once Izzy left during the UYI tour, you could see the major cracks starting to show. Axl and Slash communicating song ideas and riffs over the phone was another sign as well. Hey there might be a bigger issue in all of this that we don't know about.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
war wrote:

could be as little as the fact that slash left first.

What about Izzy then?

war

war wrote:

all true but i don't see a steady decline like that causing one to want to reunite and the other calling him a cancer and being open to working with everyone else.

war

war wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
war wrote:

could be as little as the fact that slash left first.

What about Izzy then?

good question.....who knows for sure other than axl if it's that.

i will say that, as important as izzy was to the band, axl and slash were all that was important in the general public's eyes and slash leaving meant the breakup oif the band one way or the other.

Board footer