You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Matt Sorum, Slash May Play With Donovan At Hall Of Fame

Mikkamakka wrote:

Matt Sorum, Slash May Play With Donovan At Hall Of Fame

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upc … _fame.html

Matt Sorum has revealed that he and Slash may yet play live at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame – even though Guns N’ Roses won’t be performing.

Talking to VH1 Radio Network, the drummer says that he’s offered his services to Donovan who, like GN’R, will be inducted into the Hall Of Fame in Cleveland on April 14.

"I might play drums with Donovan. I offered my services to Donovan, because I played with him one time before, and 'Hurdy Gurdy Man' was a song he recorded that John Bonham played drums on and Jimmy Page was the guitar player. I offered Donovan that me and Slash could play that maybe, but I haven’t heard back if he wants us to do it or not."

Sorum also said he asked Slash if he’d call Axl and find out what the unpredictable singer is planning to do at the ceremony.

"Slash’s answer to me was that he spoke to Izzy [Stradlin], and Izzy wasn’t planning on coming. So I think that was like, if Izzy’s not going to come and it’s not all the original guys, then it doesn’t make sense."

Sky Dog wrote:

now that is exciting!!!!!!!

on a serious note, it would be cool to see Slash jam with the Faces and Ronnie Wood. Also, why in the hell wouldn't Izzy want to be there to watch the Faces get inducted? He looks like Ronnie's long lost cousin and has played with Ronnie on multiple occasions. Not to mention the fact that Ian McLagan plays on a bunch of Izzy albums. Fucked up.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Said Sorum "I might play drums with Donovan. I offered my services to Donovan, because I will do anything to get my name in print or be in any kind of spot light"

yeah cause it's all about whoring himself out and not having a  good time ever roll

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Said Sorum "I might play drums with Donovan. I offered my services to Donovan, because I will do anything to get my name in print or be in any kind of spot light"

yeah cause it's all about whoring himself out and not having a  good time ever roll

Agree. He will have quite a lot spotlight on himself with the induction. This is only for fun (and a bit of a mock against those who don't wanna play).

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I hope Slash plays live with someone that night.  I've never got to see the man play in person.  So that'd be something to hang my hat on at least.  Obviously I was holding out hope that the first time would be with a reunited GNR, but that's looking less and less likely by the day.  So I'll take him playing "Hurdy Gurdy Man" with Donovan.  Hell, I'll take him playing "Hurdy Gurdy Man" with Howard Stern!  Actually, I'd probably prefer that.

Board footer