You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

johndivney wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I think honestly these guys are RICH, SPOILED -- rockstars.
And guess who that leaves that aren't saying anything?

Axl & Izzy

Yeah. The funny thing is, and it probably echoes Axl's thoughts, that Jarmo is preaching about 'selfish old-band fans' out there, who want things happen how they like it and don't take attention to others' feelings. I don't think that it'd be about selfish fans...

this sounds p fkn selfish & old-band fanlike (not that there's anything wrong w/that) to me:

Duff wrote:

"Dear Guns N' Roses,
We are not trying to be selfish,

We deserve it.

Worldwide Guns N' Roses Fans."

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Yeah, I thought that sign-off was a bit selfish. The rest of the letter seems heartfelt though, and it clearly touched a nerve with Duff.

He's such a classy guy. Duff should get together with Bumblefoot, Brian May and Dave Grohl and form a band made up of the nicest guys in rock. They could drive around in a van like the Scooby-Doo crew, being stand-up guys to everyone they meet.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Yeah, I thought that sign-off was a bit selfish. The rest of the letter seems heartfelt though, and it clearly touched a nerve with Duff.

He's such a classy guy. Duff should get together with Bumblefoot, Brian May and Dave Grohl and form a band made up of the nicest guys in rock. They could drive around in a van like the Scooby-Doo crew, being stand-up guys to everyone they meet.

14 14

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

FREAKIN' HILAROUS!!!!! 3

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Total class article. Duff basically calls EVERYONE out, Axl & Slash's egos, Izzy's "too cool for school" reclusiveness, and Steven's big mouth.

Duff didn't just ask for a couple songs, he also asked for some class.

Seems he's the only one left that has any from GNR's past.

This.

Once again, Duff gets more and more respect from me.

From a blubbering drunken buffoon, to one of the coolest motherfuckers in rock today.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Brilliant idea! 14 14 14

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Big smile to my face!

I can see Axl now 'meddlin kids!'

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Total class article. Duff basically calls EVERYONE out, Axl & Slash's egos, Izzy's "too cool for school" reclusiveness, and Steven's big mouth.

Duff didn't just ask for a couple songs, he also asked for some class.

Seems he's the only one left that has any from GNR's past.

Duff got class because he can portray it through articles better than anyone else.

I have so much respect for Duff, from his skills of writing to his choice of words when asked hard questions.

The guy is an absolute idol and should be treated first and foremost as the only guy in original GNR that you can look up to, take inspiration from and learn something from.

The other guys are just darn good musicians. If you are a musician you can learn a thing or two from Axl, Slash and Izzy, but if you are a person, you can learn everything from Duff.

Duff is more.

Duff is boss.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

The bottom line for me, is this...

I don't want a GN"R reunion tour or album. I want to hear the unreleased CD material. More than anything. I know that a reunited old school Guns will sound closer to The Spaghetti Incident than it will Appetite... These guys aren't those scumbags anymore. It will not be the same. Everyone should just move forward with their own thing.

Having said that...

Nobody thought all five of these guys would still be alive to see this, 20 years ago... And they are.
Duff hit the nail on the head. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, not only for them... But, the fans as well.
Us 30- 40 somethings that bought it ALL. The albums, tapes and CD's.. The singles... The imports, and posters.. The shitty magazines that gave us any little mention of them. The PPV... Making Fucking Videos 1, 2, and 3... The (sold seperately) Tokyo show ON VHS. If it was branded with a GN'R logo, we had to have it.   And for good reason.

I don't care if I sound selfish. Guns N' Roses made me who I am, and I... That is WE made them who they are.

They owe us this.

If they don't play, I will no longer support Axl or Izzy. In any way. I suggest everyone follow suit. Maybe, if enough people get this point across, they'll smarten up.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

To me, as Guns N' Roses always was, it's about holding on to what you believe.

I agree with most of your post except they owing us ANY thing and the no longer support for Axl n' Izzy.

Axl and Izzy's post-GN'R efforts are still pleasant for me. Both Slash and Duff came to play in my city, in my neighbourhood actually, and I didn't bother to go see them. I've travelled far for GN'R (won't anymore until a new album is released or new material is being played) and would travel to see Izzy.

Both of 'em, love it or hate it, live on their own terms and you gotta respect that. Also, it's not that fame did it to them. If you read biographies and know the story of the band, you'll know that they were starving and acting the way they are now.

A one-off reunion for this award would do no harm in my opinion but I totally respect Axl not wanting to do it and Izzy avoiding the drama.

A reunion tour or album would make me lose the little respect I have left for Axl (and Izzy). It would be the last thing that needs to fall in order for me to move on. I want new music, I want the vault opened and dissecated, I want more from Axl musically, artistically.

Slash and Duff's solo efforts, except on some glimpses, do not motivate me so I don't support it but not because I hold a grudge - only because it doesn't interest me. And it also doesn't mean I'm an Axlite.

Chinese Democracy, to me, is a 7 good/amazing off 14 songs album. Izzy's solo career has more things I like but has the same rate of good/bad of 50%.

Shor version: a one-off reunion don't mean NOTHING to me at this point. A full reunion means GN'R is dead (sounds strange hun?).

Board footer