You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:

You're not getting what is ironic about that so let me be more clear.  It is ironic to me to complain about not getting what you wanted/hoped for/felt entitled to, like a child does when they don't get what they want for Christmas or their birthday (hell, I did that when I was younger, so I'm guilty of it), and call that person who is denying or helping to deny you from getting what you want "an ungrateful child".

The irony to me is engaging in child-like behavior while calling someone else a child.  That's it and that's all.

I just think it was funny considering it was condensed in such a short number of posts.

If you don't find it ironic, o.k. that's your call.  I see it as a form of situation irony.

It's o.k.  It happens.  It was just so blatant that I had to laugh a wee bit at it. 16

Ali

Ali

Oh, I get it, it's just not funny, especially when you're calling one person out on it when it's happened over and over on this site for years by people on both sides of it.  It's even less funny when you, the king of technicalities, tries to call someone out by painting with a broad brush.  If you're going to be mr detail guy, then be mr detail guy and be good at it.  Don't be mr detail guy when it suits you and mr paint with a broad brush when it doesn't. 

He's disappointed that he isn't going to get something he wanted.  So are a lot (and I mean a LOT) of other people.  He didn't write a 1000 word essay on it and have it reviewed by Del James and Beta for clarity before he posted it (yes, THAT is ironic).  If he says that years from now and you want to call it ironic, go for it.  There's nothing funny about an honest, emotional response to something that hurt him.  It seems you just don't get it, but this means a lot to some people - maybe (probably) more than it should.  I've said it for years...GnR is something people are passionate about on both sides.  It's not just a band.  You can't criticize people for an emotional reaction.  You should appreciate it - even if you don't agree with it.  People care.  Why I don't know sometimes, but people care.

The thing is, I don't think the fact that the statements were made separately is important at all.  I think what is important is that they were made by one individual.  I did not paint a broad brush.  You can disagree all you want, and I'm sure you will.

I'm not criticizing the caring, although honestly I don't understand being "hurt" by this.  Disappointed, yes.  But, admittedly, some people put more stock in this event than I do.  I have an emotional connection to the music, too.  I just find it funny the choice of words more than anything.

Again, no offense intended.  I apologize for any offense caused.

Ali

Ali

Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:

Last time, they were all made by the same person.  The irony is in the totality of the statements being made by the same person.

And you, of all posters here, have no business telling anyone else not to try to make anyone look bad. 

If people here can talk down to others, but not take a little ribbing in return with no namecalling or profanity being used, then that's a bit of double-standard to me.

If I offended you Smoking Guns, I apologize.  I got carried away in trying to clarify my statement to Buzzsaw.  Originally, I only meant my remark as a playful jab.

Ali

Should we go back and look at everything you've said?  I'm sure we can make fun of you too, and it might not take much effort to do so.  You originally said he said something he didn't and I called you on it.  You then took things said in completely different contexts and tried to turn it into him saying something he didn't say.  And I called you on that.  Now it was just poking some fun...okay.

I don't make people look bad...people make themselves look bad.  I had a bad habit of pointing it out, that's all.  Apparently you've brought it out in me again.  Thanks.

Sorry, Buzz, but everything I said that was written was in fact written.  I do not make up quotes and attribute them to people. And, respectfully, I don't think those statements on the same page of one thread were in disparate contexts as you claim.  I did mean the pointing it out as playful jab, which is why I put a smiley on the end of my post.

Ali

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

So now Smoking Guns is to blame for Axl not going?

Ali

Ali wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Now that's putting words into someone's mouth.:laugh:

Ali

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I seriously doubt Axl wanted the new band to perform and I doubt they would, unless it was their own all star jam. Some of them have plans this weekend anyway, right?

I think Axl wanted them acknowledged, I don't see them wanting or even attempting to get on stage and make a speech.

No matter how anyone here feels, I agree with Axl for being pissed about this. The HOF isn't inducting line ups, they're inducting bands. At the same time they're inducting the new guitarist of the RHCP they're ignoring Tommy, who's been in the band longer, released the same amount of material, even more than Robert when he was inducted with Metallica, so it's a big double standard, IMO. Why does the HOF get to ignore Dio from Black Sabbath? If you're inducting current members of other bands, it can't be selective, treat them the same. Makes no sense. And it's pretty arrogant. Axl IS being disrespected.

I think the HOF was banking on a train wreck. Either they were going to get a reunion, sepcifically for their own personal, financial gain, or they'd get the rubbernecking, gawker effect of people wanting to see said train wreck. Axl denied them that.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
Ali wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Now that's putting words into someone's mouth.:laugh:

Ali

Just because he is the main subject of the debate for 2 pages. Boring. Enough. Stop it.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

I seriously doubt Axl wanted the new band to perform and I doubt they would, unless it was their own all star jam. Some of them have plans this weekend anyway, right?

I think Axl wanted them acknowledged, I don't see them wanting or even attempting to get on stage and make a speech.

Do you know what the problem is? That Axl wrote a 1,000-word essay and we're guessing here why he said NO.

Cause it's the same vague, rambling, shady shit from him, again. You know, he's always crying about being misunderstood and how doesn't have a chance to say what he wants to. Fuck it. He's the guy who sabotages clear speech. He never gives a straight answer, he's like a bloody, jaded politician. Not rock and roll, at all. I wish he'd grow some balls and tell the truth. Sometimes, at least. I guess the truth hurts...him. And he knows it, so try to avoid it with these double talkin' jive interviews and press releases.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:

Izzy asked me to do him a favor and sort of get this out for him. Izzy don't Tweet, etc.

Thanks.

Duff

Izzy's Statement:

I have waited up to this point to see what would become of the GNR induction into RRHOF. I would like to say THANK YOU and GRACIAS to RRHOF for the acknowledgement of our works over the years as a band. BIG THANKS to all my bandmates who helped get us to where we are today. And, of course, THANK YOU to all of the people on this planet (including, but not limited to, the entire universe and beyond, etc., etc., etc.) who have supported Guns N' Roses from day one. Adios, Amigos!

Izzy Stradlin

LONG LIVE ROCK N ROLL!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I can't argue with that...

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:

So I guess after Axl's NO, Izzy won't be there.

Board footer