You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Gibbo wrote:

I dont i think izzy he is piss weak if he doesnt go just like if any of the other dont show

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I agree if Axl won't show then why shouldn't the others play with Myles.

As much as people are upset with steve, the fact hes ok to play with matt sorum is pretty cool by me. Credit where credit's due.

Izzy not showing - lame. Especially if it cos of Axl

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

I agree if Axl won't show then why shouldn't the others play with Myles.

As much as people are upset with steve, the fact hes ok to play with matt sorum is pretty cool by me. Credit where credit's due.

Izzy not showing - lame. Especially if it cos of Axl

Myles got nothing to do with anything.

Izzy is not showing because he's Izzy. He also showed up in 2006, touring with Axl because of the same thing; He's Izzy.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

How a GN'R fab 5 reunion/farewell show should go down:  Live at "The Ritz."

Have a club show like they just did. Don't blow your load on the HOF bullshit.

Agree. Had Axl's decision been against the HoF, which clearly wasn't, it would have been super cool to get the five of them together and play a small gig the next day as The Drunken Fuxx. That would have been a very rock and roll fuck you to the Hall and a very rock and roll gift to the fans, and a very rock and roll tribute to the past.

BTW I find it ridiculous to read people praising Axl like he'd have been an underground hero for not going. Bullshit. He's playing the same 20-year old material under the Guns N' Roses name with less than 25% addition from the past 20 years; he spent more than 14 million dollars from the label on his 'vision' then complained about the lack of marketing strategy; he's playing private shows and fashion shows all over the world for money; he has more antics than a hysterical, menstruating primadonna. Not the description of an underground artist.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

^ I agree. If Izzy doesn't go it's a major snub to fans in my opinion.

In one way it's slightly more tolerable, as in a way as I said at the start - as rhythm guitarist - he's not as fundamental to a good show as the lead guitarist or singer is.

However, on an ethical basis it's actually far worse. I mean at least Axl has some reason to no show it. If he goes he'd have to:

1. Deal with his enemy slash
2. Face up to public condemnation of his new band or at minimum public preference for the old band and the inate harm that does to his current endeavours.
3. He's had a disagreement with the Hall.

but WTF is izzy's reason for not going? He's just too cool? He can't stand that Axl and Slash don't get on? He's got somewhere better to be than being acknowledged as one of the greatest musicians of all time?

Suck it up Izzy and go to the show.

Agree. I respect his 'stay away from the bullshit' attitude, but in this case he generates more bullshit and drama. People talking about Axl cannot change - well, it seems that Izzy's stuck in his past, too. Wouldn't it be cool to meet your buddies, Slash, Duff, Steven (and Matt), talk some, and play 2 or 3 tracks? Then it would be about the music and not the drama.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

We should have our own online celebration of the event.

I'd be all for that. Also, I'd like to add "What BLS said" to the discussion.

Lastly.... Eddie Trunk just tweeted this:

"Just found out that @MylesKennedy has to postpone our interview for tonight as he is headed to Cleveland."

So my worst fears have in fact been realized.

At least not Robin Finck's playing Slash's parts. tongue

I think that ANY performance by them there is better than a no performance.
Any, except Jay-Z, Rhianna, Fergie or whoever. Slash with Myles Kennedy is a much better fit than VR playing instead of Van Halen - at least one/some of the guys would be there who wrote those songs and Myles is one of the finest singers of the world to sing GN'R songs. It's a tough job, since Axl has a very unique voice and style, so nobody can come close to his heydays performing these live, but I stand for Myles being a better live singer today than Axl.
Of course, it wouldn't be the real deal, and I'd prefer Axl or Izzy singin' GN'R tunes. But it's far better than Green Day playing GN'R tongue 
We don't know if Myles is there to perform, or Slash takes his buddy with him - if Dizzy planned to take a gypsy caravan with him, then Slash couldn't? There is a chance that Slash will use this gig to promote his new album with Myles. I'm not happy if that's the case, cause it's about a tribute to GN'R and not a direct marketing occasion for their present and future solo stuff, but hey, I'd rather hear You're A Lie or SCOM by Myles Kennedy, then no music at all.

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions 2012: Live coverage coming Saturday
http://www.cleveland.com/rockhall/index … nd_14.html

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

William Shatner to present Axl with his award at the ceremony

576483_422365091126283_2024632836_n.jpg

I say let them play what they like with who they like and not let Axl's tantrum spoil anybody elses day.

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

C20081514182199117_simulational_cock_emulational_toy_emulational_cock_feather_product_feather_craft.jpg&w=360&h=360&ei=W0-JT8-5BojSmAXuuJW3CQ&zoom=1

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:

Gibbo posted it in the TWAT section, but some people don't check that, so...Gilby's in Cleveland, too

http://www.cleveland.com/rockhall/index … h_for.html

I think they really wanna play 21

Board footer