You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Gibbo wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
gibbo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Agreed, plus I'll cut Axl some extra slack since he did write and record the songs...and he's a geezer.

It's a shame because Slash is playing so well right now and I can't stand to listen to a lot of it.  17

Have you listen to the samples[youtube]OQ3A41AtSTs&list=UUsZIW8oyzznoVDmtjya1_hw&index=1&feature=plcp[/youtube]
i reckon the guitar sound wicked

Yeah, Slash sounds great. That sample sounds better than the guitar parts in You're A Lie. Myles doesn't sound too good on either track though. I enjoyed Myles' singing on Starlight, but most of the time his voice is annoying.

Yeah im not the biggest fan of myles but he is only really disliked on the gnr forums because ever compairs him to axl and no one can sing like him i just love slash playing and just sort of just block him out

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
gibbo wrote:

i just love slash playing and just sort of just block him out

haha, that's the best way to go with it. smile

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Any PRO-SHOT video is welcome. Mobil phone recordings ain't mean shit. Pro-shot or nothing to prove your point. Be it any side.

You guys take it too seriously.

I think Myles is sh*t singing any Gn'R song, but I think he goes well on songs he wrote, both on Alter Bridge and on Slash's albums (altough on that awards show he was way off - as axl was on RiR).

Once they don't get Axl, I'd prefere someone more different, even Billie Joe. This way it seems it is just to promote Slash with Myles Kennedy.:peace:

14:laugh::laugh: he would prob sing at RRHOF for a couple of big macs

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I'm sorry, but your opinion, if it's really an opinion and not an attempt, is an insult itself against the Guns N' Roses legacy. You are so touchy when it comes to Robin or the Replacements of replacements, but now you are so vocal that you aren't interested in the one-off 15-minute show from a line-up that's the closest we can get to Guns N' Roses since 1993. You use the term 'fans', just like Jarmo to insult people who dare to criticize Axl's nostalgia band, and now you are as uninterested as he is in this partly reunion. Well, now I ask you to give back your Guns N' Roses fan card and replace it with an 'Axl Rose' and 'Robin Finck' pass. Anyone who shits on this partly reunion can do the same.

Apparently you've only read or chosen to read some of my posts leading up til now.

I loved what all of those people brought to Guns N' Roses when they were in Guns N' Roses. They're not now and that's fine with me too because they've been replaced by people who (IMO) are as good as better than them at what they do.

Two drummers I don't like as much as Frank. Why would that excite me? Gilby being there along with Izzy. Why would that excite me? Possibly the worst person to ever sing GN'R tunes singing them with former member at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Why would that excite me.

As I said, I understand you guys are excited about it, but I'm not. And once more; there's no need to throw out attempts at insults to make your point.

That's exactly why i'm leaving the board untill those that are butthurt by Axl not showing to the HoF ceremony stop their revenge against the ones who doesn't see it as badly.

Really, Guns N' Roses today and so on to the future is what Axl wants it to be. Accept it or leave it. I mean, it's been this way for the past 18 years? If you don't accept it don't direct your anger to those who do (or embrace or enjoy or not).

I'm not butthurt at all, just because Axl is not showing up. He is what he is, and I know it.

In this case the Axl fans are butthurt, cause he's not going, but the others DARE to play without him. I can accept that some here don't like Myles, but acting like he'd be the worst singer ever is a lie, or Axlist Fundamentalism, or whatever Intercourse calls it. Saying that the guys who replaced Slash N' Co are as good or better falls into the same cathegory. Ridiculous.

I feel honoured as a fan that most members of my all time favourite band attends the ceremony and play. Does the HoF means much to me? Not really. But it's still one of the greatest lifetime awards in rock and roll, only the Grammy means more. As I see it, it means a lot to these guys and I'm proud of them that they don't show their back to their past, but acknowledge it and do a show for the fans. I would have been happier if the original five shows up, and doesn't even play a song, just say thank you to each other and the fans. Unfortunately, that won't happen. I won't lose sleep over it.
But I am very happy that some of my (music) idols take their precious time, get together, rehearse and give something to each other and the fans. It's really telling. I feel ashamed that at the same time some people here are attacking them for it, or simply say a 'no, thanks, that's not interesting'. I'm very thankful.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

tejastech08 wrote:

Oh God, I'm scared to death of Myles singing It's So Easy. Yet another "low voice" Axl track like Brownstone that Myles simply cannot perform worth a damn because he doesn't have the lower range.

He's not good with Jungle either. He was struggling with that song.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Mikkamakka:
I REALLY think they should play. Really. And I think Axl should be there.

I just think they shouldn't do it with anyone related to their current projects.

So, instead of Myles, any high profile vocalist would be great and it would be an altogether different, and in my point of view, therefore valid,  experience.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I really wish Axl would switch his live Madagascar voice for his live SCOM voice, and sing SCOM like he sings Madagascar now, with that heavy rasp.

Wait a minute, what's this thread about again???

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
misterID wrote:

Wait a minute, what's this thread about again???

3827337_460s.jpg

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

Mikkamakka:
I REALLY think they should play. Really. And I think Axl should be there.

I just think they shouldn't do it with anyone related to their current projects.

So, instead of Myles, any high profile vocalist would be great and it would be an altogether different, and in my point of view, therefore valid,  experience.

I'm alright with that. You might have read that I wrote I wouldn't have chosen Myles, for the same 'political' reasons. But.
First, they had 3 days to get somebody. Somebody who'll be good enough not to ruin it.
Second, Myles can sing, one of the best rock singers of today. You or somebody else may not like him, but some hated Axl even is his heyday. (Just to clear it for everybody: I think Axl was much, much better back then than Myles is today.)
Third, Myles sings GN'R quite fine. Well, Mr. Brownstone is not for him, but they dropped it from the slash set probably a year ago, they didn't even play It's So Easy (btw Duff could handle that), so nothing to fear. He delivers SCOM, PC, Nightran, Patience and Civil War fine (except the lyrics sometimes tongue)

Myles was the OBVIOUS and MOST PROFESSIONAL choice. I would have been happier if it's just Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven and Matt, and Duff N' Izzy would have shared the vocals. Well, as it seems, they had to call Myles, cause Izzy will not be there, or it'll be in the air till the last second. And they wanted to play, cause they are musicians, who are proud of their work, their past achievements and want to honour the fans. They want to honour those fans, who bought tickets to the event. Remember, a few years ago Slash didn't play at Steven's show with Izzy and Duff. I think he saved that for a more special occasion.
This is here. Now. Whether with Izzy, or without him, the time is now. It's a celebration of the classic Guns N' Roses that inspired a lot of musicians and made the soundtrack of the life for many of us. Like Duff said

'We are not a band anymore, and haven't been for some time. We are all still alive and well, but there has been some muddy water that has gone underneath the bridge. But water, muddy or otherwise, does indeed flow past and forever away, and I have nothing but the best of memories and highest level of love and admiration and feelings of brotherhood with all of those dudes. Seriously.

The one reason that I am going to Cleveland this weekend is not to savor in some polite accolade or because an award show is that important to me. I am going because I have realized how important this is all to those many, many fans that supported us and believed in us, and showed up for us in droves.

Music is not like sports, and hence, a Hall of Fame in music is almost a false pedestal to sit upon. There are no statistics in music and art. No band or artist is "better" than another. Music comes from a primal place. Thin air. Dreams. And a lot of really hard damn work.

(...)

I have forgiven and forgotten. I have grown up and manned up. Part of me growing has been to realize I am powerless over others.

This whole deal, I hope, goes off without a hitch. I do hope we can achieve some grace in our acceptance. And I hope this grace, is enough, in the end, for the best rock and roll fans in the world. The Guns N' (f---ing) Roses fans.'

and what he said yesterday

"In the end, it's not about who does or doesn't show up from the original band, and I back whatever reason this guy or that has for not coming. It's all good. The songs are the important bit here . . . and the message they most certainly still must carry."

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

That man should be a motivational speaker

Board footer