You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Hall of Fame Videos

Smoking Guns wrote:

Instead of going through 130 pages to look for videos, maybe we can post here... You guys are way too hard on Myles...

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm not a Myles fan and his voice bugs me sometimes, but that was a pretty good performance.  That's a hard song, and he hit all the notes.  It still doesn't feel right, but he does it about as well as you can if you're not Axl.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Everyone did a great job! Myles great job!!! Cheers!! Slash and the boys were in top form!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I love seeing Adler hit those drums, fuck, he seems sooo happy, good for him!  I need to see Paradise City now.. Anyone got it?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm not a Myles fan and his voice bugs me sometimes, but that was a pretty good performance.  That's a hard song, and he hit all the notes.  It still doesn't feel right, but he does it about as well as you can if you're not Axl.

He actually sings SCOM better than Axl these days. But he sucks on Brownstone, big time. Way too nasally, way too high pitched. Axl can still sing the shit out of that song even with a much weaker voice than he used to have.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

[youtube]VysZ4xG4mxY&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck me, the band sounded TIGHT AS FUCK... WOW, that outro PC solo by Slash is blistering and the shit.  LOVED IT.  Don't know what the fuck you guys were bitching so much about last night, the band sounded fantastic.  Myles, he did the best he could and I thank him for stepping in and REALLY helping out Slash, Duff, and Steven celebrate their special night.  Thanks to Gilby and Matt too for being cool as shit.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Thanks Smoking, this speaks for itself. I can't stop wondering how good some people's ears are, cause they were really critical of this performance. I found the youtube links barely listenable, because of the quality, so I didn't know what to say... Until now. It's strange that better quality recordings can help some artists, while can be painful for others.

This was a great performance. Can't wait to hear and see the pro-shot version on HBO, unless Axl finds a legal way to  block it. Just the way he did with the GN'R songs on Slash's Stoke-on-Trent DVD.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I don't think anyone was bitching about the band. I'm very happy for Steven that he got a chance to play with Duff and Slash. I'm also shocked that he managed to give arguably the best speech of the bunch. Great night for him.

Board footer