You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

That's one theory.  If that was really the case, then there's nothing to negotiate and an album would have been out already...if Axl REALLY wanted to release an album.  He's under contract.  What's he trying to renegotiate with the label? 

I think he wants to just dump what he has on them to complete whatever the contract is.  I think the record company doesn't want the contract completed until there's a reunion.  They aren't keeping Axl to keep Axl, they are keeping Axl to get the reunion.  They know that's where the money is; not whatever Axl has left from the CD sessions.

I agree. Seems to line up with what Axl has said about the label holding things up. Axl wants to renegotiate so the label will be forced to release whatever he wants them to release instead of them dragging their feet in order to force a reunion. Stalemate.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Axl can redeem himself in my eyes by pushing his great new line up onwards and releasing new and awesome music. I have no doubt he is capable of it.

The problem is he doesn't need to redeem himself in your eyes; he needs to redeem himself in the record company's eyes.  There will be no second record if that doesn't happen.  They aren't about to release him from his contract so he can make money for someone else (or himself).  It's going to take one hell of an album for them to give up on what they know is the real cash cow.  They won't allow him to move forward with mediocrity, and I don't think Axl's capable of delivering elite material anymore for a variety of reasons (and his talent level isn't one of them).

Good point. I'd add that this new hissy fit about the HOF induction didn't help his reputation at the label either. Imagine how he can act if it's about something really serious, like a new album.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Classic Guns N’ Roses Members Perform With Myles Kennedy at Rock Hall Induction Ceremony

by: Spencer Kaufman

http://loudwire.com/classic-guns-n-rose … -ceremony/

It wasn’t the Guns N’ Roses reunion that everyone wanted, but with Axl Rose flipping the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame the bird earlier this week, the next best thing happened at the induction ceremony on Saturday (April 14). Slash, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler, Matt Sorum and Gilby Clarke rocked three ‘Appetite for Destruction’ songs with singer Myles Kennedy.
During their acceptance speeches, McKagan addressed Rose’s absence, saying, “I don’t know if it matters who’s here tonight because it’s about the music that band created.”

After each member took a turn speaking, they made their way over to their instruments. They were joined by Alter Bridge singer Myles Kennedy, who also handles lead vocals in Slash’s current band, for three classic ‘Appetite for Destruction’ tunes — ‘Mr. Brownstone,’ ‘Sweet Child o’ Mine’ and ‘Paradise City.’ Sorum handled drums on ‘Brownstone,’ while Adler took over the skins for the next two songs.

The boys sounded tight and Kennedy delivered a strong vocal on each song. Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong, who delivered the induction speech for GN’R, also joined the Guns rockers onstage.

While it would have been great if Rose and Izzy Stradlin joined them, it was still pretty cool that these guys got up there and rocked three amazing GN’R tracks after so much controversy in the days preceding their induction.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:
mickronson wrote:

We all know who is holding Dizzy by the balls and why he isn't there.

Yep. The guy who decided to charge $3k a seat for his family.

14 yeah cause had Axl decided to go Dizzy would've said no thanks cause it was out of his budget. roll

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I'm just really happy for Steven that he got to play with Slash and Duff. Kudos to both of them for showing up. Went as well as you could possibly expect given the circumstances. Steven gave a great speech too, which was a pleasant surprise.

As a Guns fan, thank goodness we didn't end up with a Van Halen RRHOF situation. I wonder if that trainwreck played a factor in Slash and Duff's decision to go. They witnessed the VH clusterfuck first hand, and I'm sure they're aware it was a huge embarrassment for Van Halen and anyone who is a fan of that band. They really saved this event from a similar fate. Thank you to Slash, Duff, Steven, Matt, and even Gilby for not allowing a Van Halen fiasco.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

just thought i'd log in and say

crappy...

you'd figure that someoen who has been a musician for life would accept a R&RHOF induction and embrace it as a culmination of his life's work

sad and unfortunate that only 3/5ths of the band showed...hell at least 4 of them showed up at the adlers appetite AFD 20th anniversary bash

wtf man...some things never change and some times even having a little tiny bit of hope for something as simple as a handshake or standing on a stage next to each other becomes too complicated...

anyway carry on

peace

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Where you been hiding Neemo, all good in da hood? big_smile

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

just chillin

playing lots of guitar, working lots, hanging with the kids...nhl playoffs are on

Bono

Bono wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I have no problem with them being there in principle, but the new guys (some of them anyway) have also recorded a GN'R album. I'm assuming Gilby is there for redubbing Izzy on TSI.

Gilby wasn't inducted. He was asked to attend by Duff/Slash/Matt as their guest, and they allowed him to play.

That's just silly. Matt and Gilby are essentially the same thing, replacements. Just because one guy recorded a few more tracks doesn't make him any more a "real" member.

Either you induct the original band or you let everybody who's featured on albums be a part of it. Making these phony distinctions based on personal opinion or whatever is not the way to go. Like THEY decide who's worthy.

I can see the meeting with these corporate hacks and Axl right now, no wonder he threw a hissy fit. I would too.

Ummmm... no because Chinese Democracy has fuck all to do with any for this. How hard is that for some of you to comprehend? Whether people agree with his induction or not the reason Matt got in is because he was involved in the recording process of UYI. Not a hard concept to understand. If people can't distinguish the blatant difference bewteen why a guy like Matt gets in and guy like Tommy doesn't you need serious help. I dont care what a  person's opinion is the FACT is they inducted members based on the AFD, LIES UYI I & II era.

Bono

Bono wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
-D- wrote:

Why the fuck should they lose out on their honor cause some dick hole is a selfish prick?

Lol, Slash and Duff, honor? Letting Myles Kennedy rape your songs on national television is not my idea of honor. Going up there without two of the most influential members in the band just reeks of self importance and profile raising. Yeah, I bet all of them are doing it for the "fans". Gimme a break. They had a choice just like Axl did.

yeah and they chose not to be fucking pussy ass bicthes about it and PLAY.

Axl= pussy among many other things
Izzy = dumbass in this case.

This bullshit that anyone who decides to accept the recognition of being inducted into the hall is simply doing it out of self improtance and self promotion is asinine and reaks of bitter jaded Axl Rose fans. I guess everyone who's been inducted in the past only accepted it for material reasons and had nothing to with being grateful or anthing right? or are Slash and Duff are the only ones who are this way? Serioulsy WTF is wrong with some of you?  Had Axl been there it'd be all cool but because he wasn't the other guys should bend to whatever it is he does. Fuck that shit.  If I was inducted to the RRHOF and my former bandmate said he wasn't coming I'd still go. Fuck him. he pussed out so be it. Doesn't tarnish what the other guys did.

Board footer