You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Slash in CD sessions 2001? Illusions reunion in 96?

I could definitely see him on TIL, TWAT, and maybe Catcher. Since TIL and I think Prostitute was in the works for some of the lyrics and the piano parts were written while Slash was still in the band.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

some of them are for sure. I love the keyboard work, orchestra, bass, and drums on Chinese. I often wonder what Slash could do if you took all the guitars out on those tracks and left him with the responsibility of playing all the guitars.

Something like this?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Fuck it.. they are all spineless which is why Axl developed the way he did cause none had the balls to tell him NO

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
-D- wrote:
Ali wrote:

Very interesting stuff if true.  It sounds like Axl was willing to forgive at one point, but Slash would not meet him halfway. If only Slash had taken the more diplomatic approach Duff did in his book when talking about the infamous contract awarding Axl the name and when and how the contract was signed, all the people wanting a reunion may have had it on some level.

Ali

U mean be spineless like Duff?

I don't see that as spineless at all. Duff was honest and painted a fuller picture of the situation than Slash did. I respect his fair and balanced viewing of the situation. That's not spineless in my book.

Ali

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

some of them are for sure. I love the keyboard work, orchestra, bass, and drums on Chinese. I often wonder what Slash could do if you took all the guitars out on those tracks and left him with the responsibility of playing all the guitars.

Something like this?

Some of those live clips looked awesome! Wonder what shows/videos they are from.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

[youtube]BWzhC-UQOXg&feature=fvst[/youtube]

They are clips from the unreleased Mr. Brownstone video and the director's cut from You COuld Be Mine.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

Fuck it.. they are all spineless which is why Axl developed the way he did cause none had the balls to tell him NO

Now D officially hates everyone from the original line up... Except maybe Steven. You're down to some slim pickins now, boy. 16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

[youtube]BWzhC-UQOXg&feature=fvst[/youtube]

They are clips from the unreleased Mr. Brownstone video and the director's cut from You COuld Be Mine.

That's awesome!!!!

Never saw it before. Really wish the YCBM vid would have been more like that, the directors cut and some of the ISE clips (especillay of Erin Everly) to made one bad ass video.

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

JordanRose wrote:

One thing this interview confirms for me is that "Sorry" is largely aimed at Slash. Axl belittled people in the chats for assuming it was about him and suggested it was a combination of people/things. That may be to an extent but I don't believe for a second that most of it isn't aimed at him. 'You know where to put your/Just shut up and sing' relates to Slash/Duff specifically saying that to him. In fact, every fucking line can be shown to relate to his feelings towards him. And Madagascar too, obviously. And Rhiad.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
JordanRose wrote:

One thing this interview confirms for me is that "Sorry" is largely aimed at Slash. Axl belittled people in the chats for assuming it was about him and suggested it was a combination of people/things. That may be to an extent but I don't believe for a second that most of it isn't aimed at him. 'You know where to put your/Just shut up and sing' relates to Slash/Duff specifically saying that to him. In fact, every fucking line can be shown to relate to his feelings towards him. And Madagascar too, obviously. And Rhiad.

I do believe that parts of "Sorry" could be about Slash, but not necessarily all of it.  I don't think either "Riad" or "Madagascar" are in any obvious way about any specific person, let alone Slash.  Axl did provide an explanation on who Riad was, but it wasn't anything to do with Slash.

Ali

Board footer