You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: gunsnroses.com (Merch store now open, SALE!)

Neemo wrote:

is that an afd belt buckle?

which one is the laminate? or we cant see it there?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Isn't Slash's likeness on that shirt?  So Axl has issues with Canter over his book, but is fine with his fan club sending out an AFD t-shirt as part of an "exclusive" package...interesting.

I have to assume that Axl has no idea what's going on with the fanclub, which could be a problem from the outset.  I'm sure he wouldn't approve of the package in the least.  It sounds like whoever runs the fanclub has very limited contact with the band itself.  People have been inquiring about ticket information for the upcoming shows and have been told that they can only offer what the band gives them.  Which apparently, isn't much.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some angry rants from someone band related about the poor management of the fanclub.  A change in "management" of said fanclub.  No fault assumed, promises made for the future.  You know, the usual.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Bono wrote:

I just got an email from u2.com saying it's time to renew my membership. It costs $40 and it includes the following:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your own @u2.com email address.

Do you get many pleas from Paul Hewson, saying he'd like to have bono@u2.com? wink

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

they could have at least done the how are you grenade tshirt or something

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

LOL. THEY COULD HAVE THROWN IN THE CANDLE HOLDER FOR FUCK SAKE. Have to say I've never been tempted by the gnr fanclub or VIP tickets.

If the release of music is anything to go buy (damaged vinyl, wrong artwork, tracks leaked, no promotion, b sides etc) I have no confidence in the bands management to produce something of value. They put on a good show though and I thought the club gigs were a great idea.

To sign up something like this to give the band support is also the worst thing you can do. Were all grown up now and a couple of tshirts and an old belt buckle ain't gonna cut the mustard.

A signed version of canter's book, a framed live action photo of the new band, remix of cd, exclusive tracks, branded jagermeistr bottle for some pre gig fun, these are the sort of things is want for shelling out my hard earned money.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Agreed. That's why I didn't sign up for a full membership, I'm waiting it out to see if they are going to fix this shit and add more stuff of value to make me want to pay for a forum and other content. They should release a live album or live DVD/BLU RAY of some of the past shows of the 2009/2011 tour. Then release remix album, new songs, better merchandise, t-shirts, and other stuff like what you mentioned above are the only ways to keep people's interests in the current band.

briggsy
 Rep: 19 

briggsy wrote:

Damn, glad I waited to see what 'exclusive' merch you got for joining the fan club; sorry to all of you that got hosed...

Everyone should join together and wear their 'exclusive' AFD t-shirts to the upcoming shows 14

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I would be pissed! hopefully it works out Russ.  They need to fix their inventory and start selling current GNR shirts cause that's the whole reason people are following the bloody website and it's activities in the first place.

Board footer