You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Duff on the HoF Ceremony

Aussie wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

I really thought we ended the whole let's all castrate Axl and Izzy for not showing up at the HOF. It's over and done with. Let's move on! It's getting rather old.

True holding a grudge over something for years on end would be pretty childish. Time to move on 16

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

I really thought we ended the whole let's all castrate Axl and Izzy for not showing up at the HOF. It's over and done with. Let's move on! It's getting rather old.

True holding a grudge over something for years on end would be pretty childish. Time to move on 16

16 Hilarious. Oh the irony

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

But it's not holding a grudge for something that happened 20 years ago, it seems to be a lot of stuff that's current and all the stuff that's been said and done in the years following, all the way up to the days before the HOF event.

Aussie wrote:

I actually think we may see them be a bit more free with their comments now.  Slash and Duff may have been diplomatic in more recent years and leading up to HOF, hoping maybe for some reconciliation.

But after Axl and Izzy effectively gave them the middle finger, I know I certainly wouldn't bother pussy footing around anymore.  I would call a spade a fucking spade.

Duff has been diplomatic because of Slash too, lets not forget that. He's been nice to say they just remember things differently, instead of calling him a liar, like Axl and Marc Cantor have. Again, Slash has acted pretty ambivalent about the whole GN'R thing in public for a while, but it seems that's not been the case privately.

I think they've all called it like they see it. Some people take them as shots depending on their own personal preferences. I'm sure Axl and Izzy both have legit reasons for not going in their own mind. And Duff probably wanted one night to just bury the hatchet and, "Man up" (when I read Duff say right after the event it made me cringe. Something Axl pointed to that Azoff told him when trying to force a reunion) and do it for the fans. They don't see it that way.

Just in my own private life, I'm not doing anything that I don't want to do, especially with people I hate, just to placate someone else, or a group of people. I don't expect that of anyone else, either.

And seeing how angry, personal, petty and the aggressive nature I've seen from some people towards others on these boards, and just mentions about ordinary life, you'd think there would be some level of understanding about this. But they hold Axl (or whoever) to a different standard. Again, irony.

Bono

Bono wrote:

ha! It's no different than two parents hating each other yet they both show up for the kids wedding. Showing some class and puting their differences aside for one night for the bigger picture. Axl and Izzy acted like little bitches. Period. This event regardless of what anyone thinks of the RRHOF was bigger than them as indivuduals. It was about showing some respect to the fans who have supported them for a quarter century and have afforded them the lifestyle they have today. Both of them should've had enough respect for the fans to put aside thier petty differenecs or whatever reasons they had for one night to say thank you to the fans. Duff & Slash understood that. Steven needed this moment for closure(hopefully he got it).  Axl on the other hand has never respected his fans and Izzy's no show is completely ridiculous. 

Duff, Slash, Steven the fans and whoever else is perfectly within their rights to call this what it was. Just dumb on Axl's and Izzy's part.

misterID

misterID wrote:

No, you're throwing out a blanket analogy about the parents... That's not always the case and it's sometimes better they don't interact. And people understand this.

My father gave thousands of dollars to my aunt so she and her loser husband could keep their home and car, and basically keep a roof over her head for about a decade. He gave her a job that let her sit on her ass a few days, collect a sweet paycheck for doing nothing. After they were finacially stable again we didn't see them again.

fast forward to last year. My father wasn't able to go to his mother's funeral because of how sick he was. This aunt spent the entire funeral telling everyone about all the money she gave my dad and that he has refused to pay her back and that's why he wasn't at the funeral. She went on to claim that he was trying to get my grandmother's life insurance, when the policy he had on her expired years ago, we all actually forgot about it, and he was trying to take her policy she took out on their mother. Which was a huge lie, because I was taking care of my father at the time, and had been, he was in the hospital barely holding onto his life, and I know for a fact that shit didn't happen. No one cared about any policy but her. She also ran her mouth about some other stuff and continues to.

My father is doing much better now. There was a family event recently. And we didn't show up because she was there. Most of the family understood, some wondered why we couldn't be a family, bury the hatchet for one night, basically eat shit and bare it, so to speak. Even though this woman continues to run her mouth and isn't apologizing... Even when other family members have caught her in these lies (and others) and she fled in tears.

So, no. That shit isn't going to happen. We're not going to be in the same room. I'm not doing that to my father and I'm not going to be in the same room with her. Ever. Again.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

...................So, no. That shit isn't going to happen. We're not going to be in the same room. I'm not doing that to my father and I'm not going to be in the same room with her. Ever. Again.

Not even close to the same thing. Funny how Slash, Duff, Steven were all willing to do it and Izzy in all likelyhood would've as well if Axl did.  Axl and Slash didn't even have to speak. Just gte up and play for the fans. Your analogy of  your family situation  is so to the extreme it's not even relevent. The other's would've welcomed Axl to perform but Axl's a dick and chose out because he's the noble one with integrity HA! You hate your aunt yet you support Axl. Seems a bit odd considering Axl plays the role of your aunt in this case. Difference is everyone was willing to bury the hatchet for one night except your aunt..... errrr Axl.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Duff is more than welcome to tell the whole free world what an asshole he thinks Axl, Izzy, or anyone else is of course. I just thought it was unnecessary in this particular blog/letter/note.

Thought I'd throw this part out there again. See, it has nothing to do with who, it has to do with when.

I don't know...it is relevent to what he's discussing.  He's talking about his feelings/experiences relating to the HoF...where would it be MORE appropriate to bring it up?

When I first read the article, I felt the way you did.  I was most surprised that after a month, he was still bothered by it enough to include that statement.  I wanted to see what others thought.  The more I think about it, the more I think he could have left it out, but I don't agree that he should have left it out.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

...................So, no. That shit isn't going to happen. We're not going to be in the same room. I'm not doing that to my father and I'm not going to be in the same room with her. Ever. Again.

Not even close to the same thing. Funny how Slash, Duff, Steven were all willing to do it and Izzy in all likelyhood would've as well if Axl did.  Axl and Slash didn't even have to speak. Just gte up and play for the fans. Your analogy of  your family situation  is so to the extreme it's not even relevent. The other's would've welcomed Axl to perform but Axl's a dick and chose out because he's the noble one with integrity HA! You hate your aunt yet you support Axl. Seems a bit odd considering Axl plays the role of your aunt in this case. Difference is everyone was willing to bury the hatchet for one night except your aunt..... errrr Axl.

I'm identifying with Axl. She's made amends with other family members she's done the same thing with. Not me. My aunt lied. To outsiders it would seem petty. Vile, but at the end of the day, petty. Nothing you can't get over. WRONG. It's not petty when it's THIS personal.

Axl says Slash has lied. So did my aunt. He thinks that Slash has lied to intentionally hurt his reputation. So did my aunt. Axl says that Slash has not apologized, or at the least did it privately, then pretened he didn't publically. So did my aunt. Outsiders could say, what's the big deal? It is a big deal. If I miss events or whatever over it, fine by me.

You can't NOT say anything.

Perhaps this is the same thing with Axl, I know that my aunt would be syrupy sweet with me, act like nothing happend. In private would probably say they're sorry (screw me once). Doesn't mean shit. Fess up in front of everyone. And then, I still don't want to be around this piece of shit of a human being.

But that's just me. 16

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Sounds like it was all one way traffic with your aunt and she is a real piece of work. Your dad was a good guy and helped her out and she fucked him over. Unlike your father I'm Not so sure that Axl is without sin in your analogy though.

Board footer