You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Moscow, Russia (2 Show Discussion)

Smoking Guns wrote:

yawn... excuse we will here... "it was the first night, lets get warmed up first, then we will play the new shit a few shows in"...  Slash insn't scared of shitty youtube clips either.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

I remember a band playing several new songs that were (and were not) released 7 years later...

Once upon a time there was this band, called Guns N' Roses, they played The Blues (later released as street of dreams), Oh My God, Silworms (both still unreleased on their final formats), Chinese Democracy and Madagascar on a festival in 2001 and Riad and The Bedouins in Vegas.

Oh wait...

I'm not suggesting this is possible in spite of what was done before but because of it.

I remember a quote from Del James stating Axl was not thrilled with "Madagascar", etc. circulating on Kazaa and the like. Also, I think we all got attached to certain early versions of one song or another.

If this were the motivation for not playing new songs live, it could be in response to what happened before.

Ali

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

That's a legit point.

With the hell Axl seems to have gone through to make this record...you can imagine he finally releases his final version of Street of Dreams or Maddy and the collective response from much of the audience playing armchair producers is "meh...liked it better in 2002"

Must be annoying.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I'm not about to go flying off the handle just yet after one show.  I was hoping for something new/different.  It didn't happen.  That doesn't mean it can't happen tomorrow or next week, etc.  I just think there's a little too much emphasis being put on this one show.  Now if they continue to play this setlist and don't add anything new or different, then I will hop on board the Hate Train.  I'm not ready to abandon ship just yet.

And as Smoking Guns jokingly said.  It could be an instance where they just wanted to get their feet wet in the first show in a couple of months.  Get reacquainted with each other and work out the kinks with a familiar setlist. 

Sure I'd rather them go balls to the wall and take a risk or two.  It's about time for something like that to go down.  But I don't call the shots.  Let's take a deep breath and see if the sun comes up tomorrow.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd now to add fuel to a completely different fire 16

I'm sure a lot of folks are going to call me nuts for this, but I'm interested in catching some YouTube videos in a day or so to see/hear what I can of Axl. At least from the one sound check pic I saw, dude looked in A LOT better shape than the last time I saw him a few months back.

Just listened to CD.  Sounds good.  Although it is the FIRST song of the night, so he better be fresh.  And honestly, it doesn't sound much different to previous versions.

Sky Dog wrote:
-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Tell of the tape is always You Could Be Mine gonna be interesting to hear his voice on this tour. he looks in better shape.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

So this is the fourth Euro tour. I understand that Russia hasn't had a lot of GNR shows over the years (was it only a private one in 2010 or did they play a real show? I can't remember), so I can sort of understand the band not wanting to welcome the audience with completely unheard songs.

But when they play Dublin, something new should really see the light of day!

C'mon, it's the fourth time in Europe with Axl's new GNR, it's waaay over due to step up to the plate and put your shows where your mouths are, move on!

After all this talk of moving farward, and like someone else said, especially after the whole RRHOF stuff, it's time to prove that this new band has a genuine urge and will to mo e on from their nice and comfortable routine.

I thought for two seconds about maybe going to the Dublin show, since I got family over there, but decided I'm not spending any more money on THIS show. And if the first three or four shows don't show any willingness to keep a diehard Axl/GNR fan like me interested, then I'm done spending my time following this.

Anyway, judging from that CD-clip, the band and Axl sounded good and tight. And as expected, the fans at the show seemed to enjoy it. Good for them!

But this is about me! smile And 'ol Naltav is starting to get selfish, give me something to spark my enthusiasm, Axl! Anything!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

For Christ's sake people, it's Russia. Who's going to debut anything in RUSSIA!!!???

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Survivor did 3

Board footer