You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Moscow, Russia (2 Show Discussion)

Bono wrote:

I agree that opening with Civil War would be really cool.  You make a lot of good suggestions Axlin. DDJ is another that could be thrown in and would likely sound great cause Axl wouldn't have to strain his voice. Why not do 14 years with Tommy on vocals, throw in Yesterdays, throw in Bad Obsession. Pretty Tied up, Dust N' Bones. Why the fuck not? dead Horse wold be cool. Not all these songs every night obviously but there are so many songs to choose from and they refuse to go off the board.

And like you said NEW covers would even be cool.  Like holy shit the guy wants to move on yet still clings to the same old cover songs even that the old band used. Do something creative. Axl always loved ONE by U2. Why not do it?  A Crue song would be cool. Do a new song by a  new band.  Would be cool to hear Axl  belt out an Adele song or something. Whatever it is just show some balls. Have some fun. I remember being at a David Usher show and they pulled this off and I though holy shit is that cool. And who would've ever thought it.  That's called having some fun and doing something interetsing
[youtube]8BqBgDw8694&feature=related[/youtube]

Honestly it's so strange to see the former most dangerous and unpredictable band on the planet(Guns N' Roses) become the most predictable and safe band out there.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

4 clear days now until the next gig.  Time to rehearse that expanded set list!

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I've just realized they played 2 shows in Moscow. At least the second night the setlist was full of surprises. Wait...no

GUNS N' ROSES
EUROPE TOUR 2012
May 11th, 2012
Moscow, Russia
Stadium Live

Setlist:
Intro
Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
It's so easy
Mr. Brownstone
Sorry
Rocket Queen
Estranged
Richard Fortus Solo
Live and let die
This I Love
Tommy solo (Motivation)
Dizzy solo
Street of Dreams
You could be mine
DJ Ashba solo
Sweet child o' mine
Jam, Axl Piano Intro/Another brick in the wall
November rain
Bumblefoot solo
Don't cry
Better
Knockin' on heaven's door
Nightrain
Band Jam
Madagascar
Band Jam
Paradise City

GUNS N' ROSES
Europe Tour 2012
May 12th, 2012
Moscow, Russia
Stadium Live

Setlist

Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Sorry
Rocket Queen
Estranged
Richard Fortus Solo (James Bond Theme)
Live and Let Die
This I Love
Motivation
Dizzy Reed Solo (Baba O'Riley)
Street Of Dreams
You Could Be Mine
DJ Ashba Solo (Mi Amor)
Sweet Child o' Mine
Jam (Another Brick In The Wall)
Axl Rose Solo (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Someone Saved My Life Tonight)
November Rain
Bumblefoot Solo (The Pink Panther Theme)
Don't Cry
Whole Lotta Rosie
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Jam
Madagascar
Better
Jam
Paradise City

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:

This is a huge middle finger to the hardcore Russian fans. Shame on you, Axl.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Serious question;

Am I alone in saying that just a shake up would help? Even if GN'R played the same exact set list just in a wildly different order, I'm not sure why but that would make a difference to me.

It would help, but still wouldn't be too much. But would be more, since the stable setlist is really generic and boring and shows the complete lack of motivation (hey, Tommy, what do you feel playing that song?). Even the players must be bored to death by doing the same shit over and over and over and over and over again. So yes, it'd better to have a different order, at least.

But hey, in the past 10 years they played AFD minus Anything Goes, Patience, UTLH and Crazy off Lies, 6 UYI songs if I count it right and the whole CD album, plus some covers. That's a lot of material to choose from, and they know these songs, so why play the same set every night on a tour? 
I'm not hoping for a new song debuting live. I'm not hoping for an old Slash track. In fact, I'm against the time travel. I'm just hoping for a little effort for the fans hard-earned money and for themselves. I mean Ron is on serious drugs to ease his pain... for this? For this bullshit fake setlist? C'mon... I know that the players aren't millionaires and they need the money, but they (some of them, at least) are artists, too and can't bear this stuff forever. I'm sure that even they have issues with the stable set.

And this is the same band whose leader has been talking about moving on for 13 years. The same band that plays '70s shows where anything can happen'. (:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:) The same band that used to be famous for being unpredictable, that's been preachin' about being unpredictable.
Sorry, but fans can only not predict the time the show begins. This remains from the former glory. And the not giving a shit attitude. Unfortunately today it's directed to the fans.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

If those set lists are a sign of things to come this tour needs a good theme song. I'll nominate these three since it's all about the money

[youtube]Ur4XJCm3deQ&feature=fvwrel[/youtube]

Or maybe this is just more appropriate since it is all about the benjamins he's able to pull in thanks in part to this man.
[youtube]3HV0etupLtg&feature=related[/youtube]

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Serious question;

Am I alone in saying that just a shake up would help? Even if GN'R played the same exact set list just in a wildly different order, I'm not sure why but that would make a difference to me.

The is a truely good question, and here's the thing. The fans (not Axl) are in a rock and a hard place. The setlist that currently bounces around at there that pretty much defined the 2011-12 North American tour is honestly THE BEST setlist of the entire new era. Bar none.

It is the most balanced, honest, "everything most would want" setlist you could ask for. 7 AFD songs, 1-3 Lies songs, 6 UYI songs, 6-8 CD songs, 0-2 covers. That's pretty damn balanced.

I personally think shaking it up AND alternating select album cuts could be something alot of fans would appreciate, per tour, if they are just gonna be a nostaglia act. It'd also be alot cooler of them to work up some new covers that actually mean something to the current band. Think if Tommy jammed "You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory". What if Ron & Richard worked up a Stones cover (not Wild Horses), or something totally off the mark if DJ convinced Axl into covering a Crue song.

I know it's crazy, but it's different. Something off the mark, so it's not Whole Lotta Rosie over and over.

Shaking up the setlist would be cool. What if Civil War was used to open the show? Then save Jungle all the way for the encore? Maybe possibly turn Live and Let Die into an alternate, and use Perfect Crime to open certain shows, and others on the opener. Bump Chinese Democracy back to the encore's only, and drop the pyro sequence.

Appetite: These songs are staples. They are going NOWHERE. And they shouldn't. Sure I get the "old band" argument, but this is Guns N' Roses (bottom line) and Jungle, Easy, Nightrain, Mr. B, PC and at least SCOM, if not also RQ will ALWAYS be performed at a GN'R show. Hell even Slash & Steven solo perform quite a few of those themselves It's their legacies.

Turn Patience into an ALTERNATE (been begging for this for years). Drop Lies off entirely. Love it, but just an unnecessary tie to the old band for no reason. RIP.

Add more UYI I songs, and alternate between UYI II.

I.e., if LALD is played = NO KOHD.
If KOHD is played = no LALD.

If Civil War is played, alternate off-days with a double dose of Perfect Crime & Dead Horse.

If Patience is played, NO Don't Cry, and vice versa.

Alternate Shackler's Revenge & Scraped. Shackler's some nights, Scraped others. Chinese becomes an alternate encore opener. Bring back Catcher In The Rye and alternate it with If The World. Drop Madagascar entirely.

jmho

I love it when you talk sense. Agree 100%

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

That's one of the dumest things I've read on this board in a long time.

Show me where anyone walked away from one of these shows disappointed.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Calm down and stop the insults.

We don't have Russian forum members. But the Axlist Fundemantalist 'you weren't there, so don't complain that it's the same setlist' bullshit just doesn't hold water anymore. (Not that it ever did.) I'm sure that a lot of Russian fans bought ticket to both shows. Cause they are huge fans. What did they get for their loyalty and money from their idol, Axl 'he only cares about the fans and not the money' Rose?
13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13
Not to mention that a lot of them were at the Moscow show two years ago. (I don't think even you would doubt that.) So they got 99% the same setlist for 3 Moscow shows. I think it's so cold in Russia that Axl's moving on project has just frozen.
If it's not a huge middle finger to the hardcore Russian fans, then nothing is.

Lomax wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Calm down and stop the insults.

We don't have Russian forum members. But the Axlist Fundemantalist 'you weren't there, so don't complain that it's the same setlist' bullshit just doesn't hold water anymore. (Not that it ever did.) I'm sure that a lot of Russian fans bought ticket to both shows. Cause they are huge fans. What did they get for their loyalty and money from their idol, Axl 'he only cares about the fans and not the money' Rose?
13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13
Not to mention that a lot of them were at the Moscow show two years ago. (I don't think even you would doubt that.) So they got 99% the same setlist for 3 Moscow shows. I think it's so cold in Russia that Axl's moving on project has just frozen.
If it's not a huge middle finger to the hardcore Russian fans, then nothing is.

Shouldn't you be on a Slash forum?

Board footer