You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Moscow, Russia (2 Show Discussion)

war wrote:

i agree as well and was thinking along those lines with my original post

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

russtcb wrote:
JordanRose wrote:

Bit of an exaggeration to say he's better than 2010 but i'm blown away that he has CLEARLY gotten fit and gotten his voice ready. It's so different to the start of 2011 and even 2009. This I Love isn't quite up there with full-throated versions like Toronto 2010 as he's still relying heavily on falsetto but when he can manage his voices as wel as he does here to minimise stress i'm all for it.

I'd rather he sang like this every night and was still able to do it in 10 years than he try and sing like he did in 2010 all the time and shorten his career.

This makes me really excited for Nottingham next Friday. I've mostly given u hope for new music, vids,  interviews etc altogether so i'm just gonna badger him with signs for Twat at the UK shows tongue

I completely agree on the point where I'd rather him pace himself (read: use falsetto to manage his voice better) so he can keep doing 3 hour shows and extend his career than just go blow his voice out.

Having said that, that second YCBM video up there sounds TONS better overall.

Axl took great care of his voice during that song and he has definitely been keeping in shape to make sure there is nothing slowing down during the setlist performances. DJ and the rest of the band were on fire and in top form. The guitar parts were played perfectly and with great energy to boot. My man Frank kicking ass on the drums! Looks like they are shaping up quite nicely on this tour and hoping they bust out some new tricks and songs sometime soon.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

amazing set lists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gun$ N Fucking Ro$e$

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
war wrote:

your clip sucks WARose

perhaps you should listen to the audio. if you think axl sounds better than 2006/2010 on you could be mine, good for you...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
WARose wrote:
war wrote:

your clip sucks WARose

perhaps you should listen to the audio. if you think axl sounds better than 2006/2010 on you could be mine, good for you...

thanks for being there for me

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Naltav wrote:

I'm all for that it's time for GNR to change the setlist or whatever.

But there is not A LOT of fans that goes to two shows in a row. My bet it's actually VERY FEW who do that.

Back in 2010 I went to both shows in Norway, but that is only because I have family and friends in both Bergen and Oslo.

Back in 2006, the thought of going to both shows was only in my thoughts for a few seconds before I settled on going to ONE. And I would bet a lot of money that there are very few people in Norway that spend more time on GNR than I do. YES, I know very well that some go to multiple shows, but lets not kid ourselfs, out of an arena/stadium crowd, those fans are VERY few. But I can understand that it's a tempting argument for those who are looking for something to complain about! And right now, for us hardcores there ARE things to complain about, but let's not act like we're thinking about those few fans that goes to multiple shows!

Normally I agree w/u but I just can't see any logic or rationality behind this post.
Not only is it an affront to the hardcores, who he owes, but to the casual fans who saw the same show whenever it was the last time they saw Axl. I don't understand how people fail to grasp r argue against this - which is obv something findental to the band they follow, i.e. part of their bizness model...

Maybe it was unclear from my post, but I was responding to Mikka saying that playing two almost identical sets two days in a row is a "huge middle finger to the hardcore Russian fans."  That's why I went on a little rant about very few fans goes to see the same band two days in a row.
Had Mikka said that it was a "fuck you" to the fans that saw almost the same setlist in 2010, I would kinda agree. Because I do agree with what a lot of posters here are saying. This Euro tour should really give the hardcore fans a reason to fork over their money for a ticket. It really shouldn't be almost the same setlist as 2010 (or 2006 for that matter...)
roll

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Mate. U seem to be missing the exact point that you're making in your 1st paragraph - that it's UNFAIR to those who've paid for several shows. often across several yrs, to keep paying the same price or more for the same service? If u go to the same whore over & over & she still only offers the usual no/skin on skin deal then why would u recommend her to a friend?! "hey man let's go see Guns N Roses they're playing the exact same songs we saw in 02 except yada yada yada & they're doing Estranged!", "she doesn't suck ur dick w/o a condom but she'll do anal"..

It's his "artistic integrity" which is @stake. It's his LACK of artistry I cannot follow. Dont tell me I don't love the guy, what he means 2 me is more than u r h will evr believe r kno, I just have to refuse to follow the path he's taking. & believe me, that's something that makes me sad, cause I had faith he'd deliver more than he has... I'm beginning to think he's another failure-disappointment - which is totally depressing cause he promised he nvr would be, like Homer I hate when people lie thru song..

John, he's playing the setlist the majority of people want to hear. This is the first time people in Europe will be getting Estranged and CW live in YEARS. And like I've mentioned before, there are bands who do the exact same thing and fans see multiple shows on tour. It's not that big of a deal. I don't think anyone is going to be mad that they didn't get Coma, Out ta get Me, or DTJ. At least, not in any big majority.

If you veiw a setlist in such grave terms, then we're just not going to agree here. There's enough about this band to be disappointed about, imo. The setlist doesn't mean anything, at least to me. And if they were doing the same setlist from 2002, then I'd agree with you. But they haven't been. And considering how shallow their catalog is, and that they're putting in their music in with the oldies, I like the make up of this setlist. People seem to be really enjoying the shows. That's what matters.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think it comes down to lack of a new album.

Take Ac/Dc. They release a new album. Set list features 2/3 songs from it and the rest the classic hits. Then they play the exact same set every show.
Then they break. Release a new album and repeat - same classic hits and change out the new songs for the newer songs.

That's why the last CD tour was ok. IT was a couple of CD songs and the classic GNR hits. But now we've had that. Time to do cd2 and change out the new songs and have the rest as a classic hits show.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

to be honest, i`m quite excited to see this setlist live in a few weeks. the last time i saw gnr was in 2006 and they changed it up a lot since then. setlists are really no reason to complain for me. there`s plenty of other stuff...

Board footer