You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mr. Soulmonster
 Rep: 0 

Re: Moscow, Russia (2 Show Discussion)

i agree, new songs would be like a sign for moving forward. THIS band needs some refreshing moments, which means playing their own songs, songs in which development these musicians where involved...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I agree about a new album, but like Monkey pointed out, even then, you're going to see a few new songs slipped in in place of others, and the setlist will still remain basically the same, with the same staples, save a few shows.

You might have a couple shows where they go crazy and play a lot of new songs once an album is released and you have a 3+ hour show. That's not going to be the norm.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i think we're all united in that we want new music both live and studio.

but 99.99 percent of the people going to these shows aren't hanging on to every peep of every interview, hinting at new material while visiting gnrevo or any other fan forum hoping for news or rumors of new material. they aren't burnt out on gnr and the "same old" like we are.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
war wrote:

but 99.99 percent of the people going to these shows aren't hanging on to every peep of every interview, hinting at new material while visiting gnrevo or any other fan forum hoping for news or rumors of new material. they aren't burnt out on gnr and the "same old" like we are.

True, that's why these shows and static setlists aren't a big F-U to the fans ATTENDING the shows.  The truer argument would be they're a big F-U to us hardcores who follow their every move.  I'd be willing to bet that the number of people who went to both shows in Moscow was relatively small. 

If and when there is new music on the horizon, as in ready to be released, I'm sure the setlists will change up a bit.  Until then, we'll be resigned to bitching about what they are (not) playing.  And I do think they will change things up a bit as they go along.  At least throw back in Civil War and a few others they were playing last time out.  I wouldn't expect anything new though.  Again, unless a new album is close, which it doesn't appear to be at this time.  But I am a bit surprised they played the SAME EXACT SETLIST 2 nights in a row in the same city.  That does seem a bit lazy, even by this band's standards.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:
war wrote:

True, that's why these shows and static setlists aren't a big F-U to the fans ATTENDING the shows.  The truer argument would be they're a big F-U to us hardcores who follow their every move.  I'd be willing to bet that the number of people who went to both shows in Moscow was relatively small.

And what did I write twice?

If it's not a huge middle finger to the hardcore Russian fans, then nothing is.

It is. Since they played 99% the same setlist 2 years ago, it's a middle finger to the softcores, too, who were there.
Aerosmith does check the last setlist they played in a city. Axl might have checked it... and played two more times. I really feel sorry for him. I've never thought he'd turn into this. No ambition, no hunger, no artistic integrity, nothing, just pure cash grab. I wish he'd prove me wrong. I hope he will, but I don't expect it. What a terrible waste of talent.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i agree his talent is being wasted, as well as the rest of the bands'

by the lack of material released in the last 20 years (1 album)

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The majority of the fans got the hits. The hardcores got new songs. I'd be willing to bet hardly any Russian fan, if any, walked away disappointed.

And the definition of a hardcore fan: Russ. He went to like, what was it? 40 shows? And got the same setlist nearly every night and never complained about a single setlist. Hardcore.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

If they shook up the setlist every night I'd be more hardcore. But for now Nottingham will have to do!

I will enjoy the gig, there's no doubt about that. How couldn't you?

Last tour they added some tracks and everyone was so pleased. So it seems such a shame they haven't been able to build on that success

They could even have a couple of setlists and alternate them from night to night with the core hits then a mixture of UYI, New Songs, Covers and rare tracks

I wish they'd dump KOHD though. LALD I can live with because its an awesome rocker

Rimov
 Rep: 10 

Rimov wrote:

I was at show 11th, May, and may be some things from Russian fan could be interesting for you.

First of all, some words about me. I spent all 90th years in R’n’R life, for some time I even was DJ of Moscow underground radio, but for uncertain reasons I miss G n’R except of well-known hits. Last ten years I was so far from music, but now, when I’m about 40, I had a feeling that music of G n’R is very close to me… very unpredictable but so pretty. So in a few months I heard many times all that Guns recorded, and I was wondered as I ‘found a million dollars what someone forgot’.

So I was very impress with a chance to see Axl and his band in Moscow. I have already known a lot about band collision and I take as it is the fact that there will be only one person from original lineup + Dizzy in the stage. Also I was ready to wait a long time for start the show.

Delay was about 2 hours 45 minutes after the time it ticket and about 1 hour and 15 minutes after supporting group (not announced at all). Show starts at 22.45, and I think crowd was basically ready to this… but in Moscow people would prefer concerts to finish before the metro closed (1.00), cause taxi is expensive and hard to order in the night. That’s why big part of audience leave the concert half a hour before it finished. 

Sound was near terrible, really. There’s basic problem with the sound in the STADIUM hall, but anyway I was expect much more from the band with so big technical crew. Biggest sound problem was with the Axl’s voice. Only ballads (Estranged, November rain) sounds normal, but hits like You Could Be Mine was mishearing.

Axl was not so fat and lazy as I’d imagine, he sing quite clear (when I have managed to hear him), and musicians plays very good. Old songs has sounds very close to original records.

But there was so much energy and ROCK from the group and Axl, that in short time I forgot about any problem with the sound. Really – I was enjoyed with the show very much! And the final Paradise City was awesome! Really cool with all drive, fireworks and light show (sound was still bad, but it already has not matter)!

I was satisfied with the set list, there was all hits I expect to, predictable amount of songs from Chinese, and also I like the concerts culture when all musicians has their own solo number. If I would come to both of shows, I will not disappoint with the same set list -  just because there so few chance to see G n’R in Russia, that I would happy just to see and hear them – even they will play all time the same.

And here are the pics from Moscow snows by the organisers

http://www.stadium-live.ru/ru/gallery/14/

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer