You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Moscow, Russia (2 Show Discussion)

war wrote:

wow, rimov......ok with setlist/s.

i guess what they've been saying must not be true.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
war wrote:

wow, rimov......ok with setlist/s.

Can't trust someone who was at the show.  Must trust those "keyboard warriors".

It's all in good fun.

Obviously it's a legitimate argument.  Some people hate the setlists.  MOST who go see the shows, have nothing but glowing reviews.  The thing I think we can all agree on is we'd all like to see some sort of progression to move forward.  That's where most of the anger comes from.  That and the fact that message boards are made for people to rant and rave and get angry about something, anything.  With this band, they kind of make it easy.

Rimov
 Rep: 10 

Rimov wrote:

Thank you all for welcoming!

As Russian, i could say that there's no any shame on Axl regarding the same set list on 2 consequence shows.

I think 2 shows in Moscow is a big respect for Russian audience (another city with 2 concerts in this European Tour – only London). Most important that It gives possibility to visit the concert 2 times more people. And the reason to visit both shows – is to get the same emotion twice, not to hear other songs. So I can’t imagine that someone who visit both shows was disappointed because of same set list. In the end of 80th years PINK FLOYD gives about 20 (!!!) shows in Moscow which was copy each other  – and a lot of people visit them 2-3-4 times to feel the same. Sure, that was post-soviet time, and first famous group in Moscow, but in general situation is the same.

Even the similar set list in 2010 and 2012 is not considering in Moscow like so big problem. Russian forums filled by the compares, and all who see group 2 years ago and now, says that 2012 concerts was much better –  only few posts says about disappointing with same songs now and 2 years ago. Most positive comments are about good form of Axl and DON’T CRY what has been sing this time but not it 2010 in Moscow.

Obvious problem hard discussed on Russian forums is sound. And again, people think that in 2012 it was better then in 2010… hard to imagine what people heard 2 years ago.

But anyway, when we speak about dynamic of group, the same set list year by year, is very bad sign

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Mate. U seem to be missing the exact point that you're making in your 1st paragraph - that it's UNFAIR to those who've paid for several shows. often across several yrs, to keep paying the same price or more for the same service? If u go to the same whore over & over & she still only offers the usual no/skin on skin deal then why would u recommend her to a friend?! "hey man let's go see Guns N Roses they're playing the exact same songs we saw in 02 except yada yada yada & they're doing Estranged!", "she doesn't suck ur dick w/o a condom but she'll do anal"..

It's his "artistic integrity" which is @stake. It's his LACK of artistry I cannot follow. Dont tell me I don't love the guy, what he means 2 me is more than u r h will evr believe r kno, I just have to refuse to follow the path he's taking. & believe me, that's something that makes me sad, cause I had faith he'd deliver more than he has... I'm beginning to think he's another failure-disappointment - which is totally depressing cause he promised he nvr would be, like Homer I hate when people lie thru song..

John, he's playing the setlist the majority of people want to hear. This is the first time people in Europe will be getting Estranged and CW live in YEARS. And like I've mentioned before, there are bands who do the exact same thing and fans see multiple shows on tour. It's not that big of a deal. I don't think anyone is going to be mad that they didn't get Coma, Out ta get Me, or DTJ. At least, not in any big majority.

If you veiw a setlist in such grave terms, then we're just not going to agree here. There's enough about this band to be disappointed about, imo. The setlist doesn't mean anything, at least to me. And if they were doing the same setlist from 2002, then I'd agree with you. But they haven't been. And considering how shallow their catalog is, and that they're putting in their music in with the oldies, I like the make up of this setlist. People seem to be really enjoying the shows. That's what matters.

yea i'm tired of this convo 2 but just lemme reply:
2 songs difference isn't something to brag about. maybe they'll do CW in Dublin..
just because other bands do it doesn't make it right. if other bands stuck their hands in the fire would it be ok for axl to do the same?!
some other bands make an effort to make their live shows a different experience, why not be one of them bands?

it is the same setlist as 2002, the only new songs are Estranged Sorry & TiL. @ least in 02 we had NEW new (but still old!) songs Maddy The Blues CD.
you should care & it is something that matters. people could enjoy the shows if the music & performance was good enough no matter what they played - which inevitably begs the question, do they not have confidence in the other material??
these setlists are a symptom of the stasis that has corrupted not only this period but the entire legacy. what's going on w/the live shows, the predictability is not true to what made Guns N Roses great or unique.
according to yourself they may as well be any other band.
that's not what any of us should expect, or want, from GnR.
i want them to be special.
(but they're not.)
(& won't ever be again...)
they're just another shadow.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
war wrote:

Was that an intentional "hair of the dog" style quote or am I just realllllllly tired.... 3

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
johndivney wrote:

these setlists are a symptom of the stasis that has corrupted not only this period but the entire legacy. what's going on w/the live shows, the predictability is not true to what made Guns N Roses great or unique.

I totally agree with that statement. If I didn't know what to expect, I'd be all the more willing to fork out for a show this time round, but as I am 99.9% sure it would be pretty much what I have already seen before several times I wont.

Not everyone is the same, my wife probably wouldn't care or remember that it was the same show she saw in 06, she'd enjoy it regardless, its just a good night out for her.

I just hope I am eating my words when they do the UK shows, pull out something cool, and have me wishing I'd got off my ass and bought a ticket. That's what I'd like to see.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Then don't go. I mean, that's all I can say. If the setlist means THAT much to you, then don't see them. It's an easy fix. We're just getting hyperbole now. According to you this has been the same setlist since 2002. How about 1992? Like I said, if the people who are going are enjoying the shows, that's all that matters.

Now you're stating that they're not special. Won't ever be again. Just a shadow. Well then you're either adding to the hyperbole or you're masochist for continuing to follow this miserable band.

Sky Dog wrote:
johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Mate. U seem to be missing the exact point that you're making in your 1st paragraph - that it's UNFAIR to those who've paid for several shows. often across several yrs, to keep paying the same price or more for the same service? If u go to the same whore over & over & she still only offers the usual no/skin on skin deal then why would u recommend her to a friend?! "hey man let's go see Guns N Roses they're playing the exact same songs we saw in 02 except yada yada yada & they're doing Estranged!", "she doesn't suck ur dick w/o a condom but she'll do anal"..

It's his "artistic integrity" which is @stake. It's his LACK of artistry I cannot follow. Dont tell me I don't love the guy, what he means 2 me is more than u r h will evr believe r kno, I just have to refuse to follow the path he's taking. & believe me, that's something that makes me sad, cause I had faith he'd deliver more than he has... I'm beginning to think he's another failure-disappointment - which is totally depressing cause he promised he nvr would be, like Homer I hate when people lie thru song..

John, he's playing the setlist the majority of people want to hear. This is the first time people in Europe will be getting Estranged and CW live in YEARS. And like I've mentioned before, there are bands who do the exact same thing and fans see multiple shows on tour. It's not that big of a deal. I don't think anyone is going to be mad that they didn't get Coma, Out ta get Me, or DTJ. At least, not in any big majority.

If you veiw a setlist in such grave terms, then we're just not going to agree here. There's enough about this band to be disappointed about, imo. The setlist doesn't mean anything, at least to me. And if they were doing the same setlist from 2002, then I'd agree with you. But they haven't been. And considering how shallow their catalog is, and that they're putting in their music in with the oldies, I like the make up of this setlist. People seem to be really enjoying the shows. That's what matters.

yea i'm tired of this convo 2 but just lemme reply:
2 songs difference isn't something to brag about. maybe they'll do CW in Dublin..
just because other bands do it doesn't make it right. if other bands stuck their hands in the fire would it be ok for axl to do the same?!
some other bands make an effort to make their live shows a different experience, why not be one of them bands?

it is the same setlist as 2002, the only new songs are Estranged Sorry & TiL. @ least in 02 we had NEW new (but still old!) songs Maddy The Blues CD.
you should care & it is something that matters. people could enjoy the shows if the music & performance was good enough no matter what they played - which inevitably begs the question, do they not have confidence in the other material??
according to yourself they may as well be any other band.
that's not what any of us should expect, or want, from GnR.
i want them to be special.
(but they're not.)
(& won't ever be again...)
they're just another shadow.

just for a petty argument...they didn't play Better, Don't Cry, Whole Lotta Rosie, a nice chunk of Another Brick in the Wall (which I think is cool) or do a Tommy song (Motivation, My Generation, Sonic Reducer), no Civil War....none of that in 2002.

the 2002 shows sucked ass compared to the show now plus Axl looked like a jerk off.

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

Then don't go. I mean, that's all I can say. If the setlist means THAT much to you, then don't see them. It's an easy fix.

i'm not going.

Sky Dog wrote:

the 2002 shows sucked ass compared to the show now plus Axl looked like a jerk off.

he was braver then tho.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Well there is still some hope of something different, GNR are in Dublin rehearsing just like the press release ages ago said they would be. Whether or not they are rehearsing new material like the press release said is anyones guess, pretty fuckin unlikely is mine.

I dunno whether to buy a ticket for Glasgow on gumtree/ebay or just get one outside on the night, I'm not planning on watching the support bands and going to head over about 9pm. Wouldnt mind seeing Thin Lizzy but cant be arsed standing around for hours waiting on Axl deciding to drag himself out of bed after they finish their set.

Board footer