You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Moscow, Russia (2 Show Discussion)

monkeychow wrote:
Rimov wrote:

Also there was info that 2 Moscow G n’R shows costs 1,5 mln. USD.  I suggest that organizers lose money as price of ticket was 110 USD and hall can’t contain more the 5000 people.

Interesting.

I wonder if that total is for both shows? So it would be $750,000 a night?

Also if the venue is licensed to sell alcoholic drinks and if so what percentage of that would go to the organisers?

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

1: AC/DC weren't on the Black Ice tour for 11yrs

True.

But while I'll agree the setlist is stagnant to an extent it's also not strictly correct to say it hasn't changed at all in 11 years.

That time has seen the introduction of TWAT (occasionally), TIL, If the World, Shackler's Revenge, scrapped (sometimes)..

Additionally we've seen a return to some older songs..Civil War, Estranged

Sure the oldest of the CD tracks - Maddy, SOD and CD have been around  the setlist for a while, as have the classic hits like jungle....

I'm not saying the setlist shouldn't change...but it's not like it;s the exact 2001 setlist in 2012 either realistically....

You'd have a reasonable ground to suggest that 2012 mirrors 2010 too much...but then that gets back to black ice style touring...a huge tour with the same set list over a COUPLE of years...not 11....

Also Black Ice was played 160 times...I'd guess GNR's tours since 2001 put together are a similar number...but in that time they have made changes.....

johndivney wrote:

2: GnR SHOULD be incomparable ( hate when people use Should when talking about bands, but as MrID has said they're just behaving like any other band instead of acting like a special case, which is what GnR were & SHOULD be)

Firstly, Ac/Dc is one of the all time great bands...so it's hardly a poor comparison.

Secondly, I guess I agree that GNR used to be a level (several actually) above nearly everyone.

I'd love to see a return to that too. But it's not the same people it was. The new band is great in their own way - but you can't expect them to really be other people - the old band had the danger of youth - and the freakness of Axl and Slash in the same outfit...not to even mention the others...so i guess it gets to the name issue which we're all over....

Just look at it like his solo effort. I don't expect Slash's tour to be the same as the 1991 UYI tours because I know Slash's band is only 1/5 of what GNR was. I do know it will be awesome though.  Likewise...regardless of what GNR is called....I look at the current band and see 1/5 of the original guys...so i expect something different, and it's still awesome.

But I agree with whoever said the only thing that matters is a new album. I don't think we'd really give a shit if these setlists were the same if we also had new music...but because this is all we have....

ninic
 Rep: -4 

ninic wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Rimov wrote:

Returning to Alx's leg - 1 hour ago message in twitter

@axlrose 1 ч
Can u say HemaToma?!! img.ly/ijtI

here is his photo  http://img.ly/ijtI

My response on twitter:  I guess all that time sitting on his butt finally took its toll on him.

so,  no, you know,  well wishing for his behalf  yes even though his drunk behind caused it though? lol pitiful:ummm:  well we all know he'll be aight' 14

No drinking mixed with tables Axl, and there is one of him signing autographs lol
36186615764868198881.jpg

34731847799768526343.jpg

53214121552144282584.jpg

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Ouch. Hope Axl is ok smile

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Hey Rimov anything interesting said in this vid:

[youtube]_VaFefhSI_8&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Rimov
 Rep: 10 

Rimov wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Hey Rimov anything interesting said in this vid:

Basically there's just story about group and concerts without any detailes interesting for fans. Dizzy and Ashba walking in the centre of Moscow, speaking with reporter. Fans speaking how they love group, organizers speaking about difficult rider of group, etc

2 notable thing:

- Reporter note that group member spoke about Axl only that "He is great and we happy to work with him" without any detailes. As Russians saying "good or nothing". Reporter suggest that they rather afraid of Axl.

- On the question about possible new album Ashba joking 'it will titled Russian Democracy and will delivered next Thursday....  Wow, it's today! 9

Rimov

Rimov wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Rimov wrote:

Also there was info that 2 Moscow G n’R shows costs 1,5 mln. USD.  I suggest that organizers lose money as price of ticket was 110 USD and hall can’t contain more the 5000 people.

Interesting.

I wonder if that total is for both shows? So it would be $750,000 a night?

Also if the venue is licensed to sell alcoholic drinks and if so what percentage of that would go to the organisers?

As i have understood, this sum is for both shows. But i think that calculation of 1 show cost is incorrect, because 2 consequence shows on 1 stage are not the same as 2 shows in different cities. People spoke, that some time ago owner of Stadim hall pay Axl 1 mln for private concert.  May be this is near real cost of sepatare show.

And we do not know what this cost include and what exclude. I would suggest that this cost include travelling, logistics of stage equipment, salaries of crew, musicians and Axl itself. Hotels, meals, transfers in Moscow i think was supplied by organizers and this is extra expences for them.

What about drinks and catering on the concert, i absolutely sure that this is business of organisers and group not taking part in revenues.

johndivney wrote:
Rimov wrote:

- Reporter note that group member spoke about Axl only that "He is great and we happy to work with him" without any detailes. As Russians saying "good or nothing".

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
ninic wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Rimov wrote:

Returning to Alx's leg - 1 hour ago message in twitter

@axlrose 1 ч
Can u say HemaToma?!! img.ly/ijtI

here is his photo  http://img.ly/ijtI

My response on twitter:  I guess all that time sitting on his butt finally took its toll on him.

so,  no, you know,  well wishing for his behalf  yes even though his drunk behind caused it though? lol pitiful:ummm:  well we all know he'll be aight' 14

You'll have to forgive me if I don't think his little boo boo is a big deal.

Rimov

Rimov wrote:

Last news about Axl's health from the same news portal.

Selected translation:

-----------------------------------

Title: Axl Rose to our reporter: "I feel much better"

Artist spent 4 days in bed because of leg injury

As we already inform, Axl Rose being in one of Moscow night clubs has fall and harm his leg. When group prepared to next show in Dublin Axl stay in bed in Ararat PArk Hayatt hotel can't go out because of pain. Near no one knows about it.

He has ordered meal to the room and ask organisers to bring him black caviar and... hot dogs. But this evening (May, 16th) he has need to leave hotel for medical consultation cause european tour was under threat, and cancelation meaning waste of a millions.

Last evening Axel has arrived to medical center and spent there about 2 hours. Then he comes out much more happy then before - it seems that medical inspection get good result. "Thank you very much, i feel much better, tomorrow i will fly away", - said artist to our reporter.

Then he promise us that will be much more accurate and go for a walking to a small poor lightening street explain this his long staying in hotel. After walking Axl lead to.... Yes, to the club for selebrating his recover before flying away to Dublin.

--------------------------------------------

Here is the original of article with short video in the end
http://www.krsk.kp.ru/daily/25884.4/2846152/

Board footer