You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Moscow, Russia (2 Show Discussion)

misterID wrote:

caviar and hot dogs.

Yep, he's all American.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Seriously?  You had a bruise dude.  Get over yourself.  Stand there and sing.  Sit in a chair and sing.  Cancel the whole tour for a leg bruise?  What a pussy.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Seriously?  You had a bruise dude.  Get over yourself.  Stand there and sing.  Sit in a chair and sing.  Cancel the whole tour for a leg bruise?  What a pussy.

No shit.

How in the fuck could the dude like RON in the face and say "I've gotta bruise, the tour's over"

Axl will do the Dublin show. He will not cancel it for this pussy reason.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

To play devils advocate....just cos it looks only like a bruise doesn't mean it's not painful as all fuck. He's not a young guy and when you fuck your knee or something it can be pretty painful.....

Although I hear ya that Ron takes one for the team nightly.

But then I also think there's a lot of pressure on Axl, if he phones in a performance cos he's in pain he'll be paying for it in the media for months let alone potential fall out from punters.

Also I do believe Axl's his own worst critic and I think he likes to do things to his best or not at all.

Anyhow...lets hope it's all fixed.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

To play devils advocate....just cos it looks only like a bruise doesn't mean it's not painful as all fuck. He's not a young guy and when you fuck your knee or something it can be pretty painful.....

But then I also think there's a lot of pressure on Axl, if he phones in a performance cos he's in pain he'll be paying for it in the media for months let alone potential fall out from punters.

Also I do believe Axl's his own worst critic and I think he likes to do things to his best or not at all.

No leg bruise is so bad that you can't sit there and sing your songs.  Some guy saved a friend from a fiery plane crash, then died from his burns.  BBF has been a trooper with much more than a leg bruise.  We've all had injuries from playing sports...I know I've never called in sick because of one.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

No leg bruise is so bad that you can't sit there and sing your songs.  Some guy saved a friend from a fiery plane crash, then died from his burns.  BBF has been a trooper with much more than a leg bruise.  We've all had injuries from playing sports...I know I've never called in sick because of one.

I tore the diaphragm in my chest. Probably the most painful thing I've done, besides nearly cutting my leg off at my groin when I was a kid... And accidently jumping on a large jagged piece of glass and the doctor not waiting for it to numb when he put in the stitches.... And breaking my collarbone and my sister yanking on my arm to help me up (she was pissed at me)... But yeah, Axl's bruise probably really hurts too.

In all seriousness, bruises like that hurt, especially when it takes up most of your leg. It can make you pass out and or puke, and it is hard to function. I've seen it before in my skateboarding days. The worst is bruising/breaking your tailbone. Holy hell, that's terrible.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I've torn the cartilage in my left knee and still played the final 6 games of my summer ball hockey season in 2007. I'm the fucking goalie ina  rec league for fun. Hurt like shit just to walk or extend my leg let alone play goal but I survived. I needed surgery at the end. It's insane to think I'm willing to sacrifice more to play ball hockey than Axl is for his fans and his art.

I broke my ribs at work a few years ago and missed the day I broke my ribs and that's it. Sucked it up and kept going and it was a physical job pounding legal pins with a  sledge.

Tony Romo played with broken ribs and a punctured lung last year in the NFL.

To sit here and defend Axl Rose over a  leg bruise and suggest the shows could not go on is insane.  We could list things all day long where a person showed more balls and overcame much more adversity than what Axl would have to here so..........

Sky Dog wrote:

one knee operation, two broken ankles, 3 broken fingers, one boken hand, multiple ankle sprains requiring crutches...all from sports. Recently played tennis for two months on a broken ankle/high ankle sprain at age 43! Of course, lots of beer and ibuprofen can numb the pain.

If Axl cancels because of that, he will be drawn and quartered in Dublin at midnight!

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
Bono wrote:

I've torn the cartilage in my left knee and still played the final 6 games of my summer ball hockey season in 2007. I'm the fucking goalie ina  rec league for fun. Hurt like shit just to walk or extend my leg let alone play goal but I survived. I needed surgery at the end. It's insane to think I'm willing to sacrifice more to play ball hockey than Axl is for his fans and his art.

I broke my ribs at work a few years ago and missed the day I broke my ribs and that's it. Sucked it up and kept going and it was a physical job pounding legal pins with a  sledge.

Tony Romo played with broken ribs and a punctured lung last year in the NFL.

To sit here and defend Axl Rose over a  leg bruise and suggest the shows could not go on is insane.  We could list things all day long where a person showed more balls and overcame much more adversity than what Axl would have to here so..........

i don`t think that`s showing balls.. you could`ve made it even worse by continuing (as you did with your knee, if i understand you correctly, thus the surgery)

but axl didn`t break his ribs or something like that. he should perform and i doubt he`ll cancel the show because of his leg... this is not the first injury he got while on tour.

Board footer