You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Dublin, Ireland, May 17th

monkeychow wrote:
JordanRose wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Hard to be objective. Twat is my fav CD song...and those Axl screams are one of my fav GNR moments overall....in 2010 he sounded great on the screams...can't tell here from that quality...but very happy it's back in the setlist!

I thought Hamilton was the only 2010 outing and there's only one unlistenable recording?

Sorry I think i was confusing it with the dec 2009 tour.....

Bad recording but you can hear the screams in the middle get a pop from the crowd...

Then there's my favourite version....I think Tokyo 09:

People say he can't sing it...but those screams....sure it's not 100% like the live version...but the passion alone in it....and the way he adds the "yeahhh"...sorry to be fanboy but it really moves me......

9:mosh::mosh:

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Prostitute seems tougher than TWAT.

that's because he tried to sing it without rasp

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
russtcb wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Question:

Where did the idea that There Was A Time is going to be regular now come from?

From me.

I noticed the graphics on the screen are made to the song and not generic stuff, as it is when songs are played on and off.

Riff Raff, My Michelle, Whole Lotta Rosie, Used To Love Her, If The World, Scraped = have generic animations, generated based on the EQ.

Street Of Dreams, CD, Welcome To The Jungle, November Rain, Estranged = have custom animated images, sometimes live action recorded with actors.

There Was a Time, you can see in the video, has a live action going on and animations that go with the song changes and the solos.

Oh ok. Yeah, I read all of that last night and somehow forgot by this morning 16 Ok cool. I agree with everything you're saying, I just hope the forums don't fly off the handle if it's not a regular song now.

Anyone hear anything else about the show yet? I'd be curious as to whether or not Axl addressed the last show at any point or something.

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/63857

Axl Rose wrote:

"As you may have heard I had a little accident. I'm learning what I can and can't do. I hope you don't mind me moving less than usual, although I'm probably moving a whole lot more than I was the last time I was here."

Axl Rose wrote:

"Thanks for coming out, thanks for putting up with my lame ass and thanks for not throwing shit."

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Nice.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

There Was A Time, better quality:

Ron is nailing this. First time I've heard him do Bucket justice on TWAT.

Somebody should bring a "Blood in the Water" banner to their gig.

Mr. Soulmonster
 Rep: 0 

polluxlm wrote:

Somebody should bring a "Blood in the Water" banner to their gig.

i will do it in france...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

you have to admit that is cool....we all know the shortcomings but it is nice to see some self reflection and honesty.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Richard solo was NOT the James Bond theme and had the band backing him up.

Bumblefoot solo was also different, containing parts of Danny Boy.

There Was A Time was played. Civil War returned.

Pretty different than the shows on Russia.

I guess the band is aware they are playing for people that already saw this show (Russia didn't, only received a private show) and they are changing things up.

Also: I find amusing when people come to the boards saying "oh but Axl has been playing the same setlist since 2001". Fuck me, he's not!

2001/2002 was way different from 2006 that was different from 2010 that is different from 2012.

There are things that won't change. You won't go to a concert where GNR doesnt play Jungle, ISE, Sweet Child, November Rain (even if Axl plays only the first half 16), etc.

But the sets have changed, songs have been added, after CD release the whole album was played, some songs more often than others.

Perhaps the sets aren't changing the way we, the hardcores, want or expect, but to deny they are changing is another thing.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer