You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

That would of made a great day for myself if they did the 24 hour stream for a show like this. Man...! Foiled again..but still...Mr. Izzy fucking Stradlin ladies & gents!

ninic
 Rep: -4 

ninic wrote:

izzy still looks good I see

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Take it easy man and live it up! Put on the good tunes and have a good time! rock on! Cheers! 5

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

2czwy3a.jpg
omg that looks fantastic....

CC is my drink, but never had the Blackberry blend before. Is it sweet?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'd be curious to know if all the people who think Izzy is better than Slash now figure Izzy is also better than Bumble, DJ and Richard....

Ok...I'm taking my butthurt...ass offline in a sec....but I'm just over Izzy...snubs fans at the hall for no reason - i say again - Axl has a valid reason not to be there Izzy didn't - and then cashes in a pay day every now and then by pretending to like Axl - when he's the guy whose bagged on Axl THE MOST in the press.

Not sure what sickens me most:

(a) That most people on here seem to ascribe to Izzy the most importance when musically I don't see that it's really warranted in terms of the final sound.

(b) That Axl rants about how Slash is the devil, when Izzy has been just as brutal to him in both terms of their paid apperances and his public bashing of Axl

(c) That Izzy has no respect for us as clearly evidenced by his HOF no show.

Ok...lay it on me. I'm a fan boy and I'm butthurt and irational I know.

I'm just saying...Izzy's used up his credit with me...he's twice the spoiled brat that either Axl or Slash are and delivers less than half the value.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:
russtcb wrote:
misterID wrote:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2czwy3a.jpg
omg that looks fantastic....

CC is my drink, but never had the Blackberry blend before. Is it sweet?

Oh CC is 100% my shit.

I just found this kind yesterday. They're doing a couple different things you're going to see in stores. This and a spiced whiskey is on the way too. I cannot wait to try that as well.

To answer your question; it's not necessarily sweet, or too sweet per se, but the blackberry scent will knock you down upon opening the bottle.

'Chow wrote:

I'd be curious to know if all the people who think Izzy is better than Slash now figure Izzy is also better than Bumble, DJ and Richard....

Ok...I'm taking my butthurt...ass offline in a sec....but I'm just over Izzy...snubs fans at the hall for no reason - i say again - Axl has a valid reason not to be there Izzy didn't - and then cashes in a pay day every now and then by pretending to like Axl - when he's the guy whose bagged on Axl THE MOST in the press.

Not sure what sickens me most:

(a) That most people on here seem to ascribe to Izzy the most importance when musically I don't see that it's really warranted in terms of the final sound.

(b) That Axl rants about how Slash is the devil, when Izzy has been just as brutal to him in both terms of their paid apperances and his public bashing of Axl

(c) That Izzy has no respect for us as clearly evidenced by his HOF no show.

Ok...lay it on me. I'm a fan boy and I'm butthurt and irational I know.

I'm just saying...Izzy's used up his credit with me...he's twice the spoiled brat that either Axl or Slash are and delivers less than half the value.

Dude.

I don't think anyone here of all places is gonna bag on you for a difference of opinion on Izzy.

My personal thing with Izzy has always been that he was just one of those super laid back dudes. I just don't think he "cared" about the HoF which I maintain he doesn't have to.

But you bring up some GREAT points about Izzy in the press vs Axl and why it's just ok for him to come and go (with both Axl and the fans).

Blood is thicker than water....Axl and Izzy came from the same place. They grew up together. There is a tighter bond. Slash and Popcorn grew up together. Same thing. Axl slagged on Izzy because he was hurt. Izzy slagged on Axl because he was hurt. In the end, they are old school friends who still care about each other.

Me_Wise_Magic

Definitely. Not the ultimate bromance; but despite all the shit they've gone through and the backlash, they still are there to talk to each other and it may not just be about the music or money. Maybe they try to hang out with each other at times without all the press in the way. Axl has said nothing; but fond things about Izzy and Duff over the past few years. I personally wasn't surprised Izzy didn't show up at the Rock Hall because it's not his style. Izzy I think never wanted awards or praise for making rock music just to have a hit record and do what he wants to do in life. Axl said it himself that Izzy was uncomfortable with the MTV exposure and the change in direction with the band once Adler left and the ballads and cryptic songs started to come into play.

ninic
 Rep: -4 

ninic wrote:

lol he begs for someone to lay it on him so he can run back and say "see Axl's a**wipers are the idiot kissing drones everyone says they are"  no, not gonna give you (and a few here) the satisfaction. What for?  Besides if anything I'm glad someone is fianlly giving Izzy a little of the same dishing that they love to give to Axl.  (Though I like/respect Izzy) Whatever his reasons, still Axl had company of not being the ONLY one to not show up last month.

Alas, let's enjoy the day(s) and if that's all ya got than that's cool Chow' but yeah, go to bed lol

here's him and Ashba, I know they'll be a few around of him and Axl soon:

GNR.Izzy%2BwDJ%2BAshba.London.0531-12.jpg

Board footer