You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

johndivney wrote:
Bono wrote:

Ummm.... I can't speak for anyone else but NO. This is just people taking the backlash against Izzy personally and thinking that it's all about Slash when the reality is it has to do with Izzy and him blowing off the fans at the RRHOF which is what he did. It has nothing to do with Slash. Had Izzy played with Slash he'd still be geting this flak because again it's not about Slash. fans wold say "why the fuck can he perform with Slasha nd the others now but not on that one night?"  It's about Izzy being "too cool" for that one night to show up and pay some repsect to the fans who helped him afford the lifestyle he has today. But that whole point is clearly beyond some of you because you so desperatrely want to make it an Axl vs Slash thing. It must be easier for some of you to digest if it's that simple.

i think this is an unfair reading of the situation.
& in fact, in speculating like this you're guilty of what you accuse faldor & mrID & others of when you say this & this: "Problem is you're laying it out in a  way that doesn't even exist."

Izzy didn't blow off the fans.
if you think the RnRHoF was about or in anyway 'for' the fans then you've consumed & accepted the media spin.
it is NOT the 'point' of the HoF for people to show up & pay respect to the fans. that is the absolute fallacy which you're basing your argument on.

from what i can tell Izzy blew off the HoF because of the brouhaha & drama. not because he wanted to say fuck you to the GnR fans.

Izzy acted w/the decorum we've come to expect. it's the likes of you, Monkey, SG et al who have misconstrued, spun & taken it as a personal insult.
i'm a fan of the band & i wasn't insulted by him not appearing.
but to simplify it is as disrespecting the fans rather that examine Izzy's track record or the nonsense of the HoF is probably easier for you to digest so have at it. you have your truth, i think it's completely wrong.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think that neglecting the HOF which a LOT OF FANS thought to be 'their honour' (even Axl managed to get this), because it's 'too corporate' and 'you'd be a sell-out doing this' is ridiculous, when you make guest appearances for serious money at the 'same' band's shows. This argument doesn't hold water.

I'm not mad at Izzy, just wish his blind worshipping would end. Cause there is nothing suggests that he'd be too cool when it comes to making money with minimal efforts. He didn't go to the HOF, cause Axl said no. Simple as that. He didn't have any financial reason to do the HOF, cause nobody's buying his records, anyway. Maybe he was negotiating a contract with the Axl camp about the UK tour back then, who knows. I don't give a damn. He can 'take Axl's side', whatever it means. I don't think that he'd have done it in the past months, his actions and non-actions don't prove that. I also don't think that 'taking Axl's side' would mean he finally agrees with taking the name, turning the band into a dictatorship, turning friendships into business, then making it this pseudo band, that supposed to be the same that wrote AFD. It's not hard to imagine that contrary all of this, Izzy is still friends with Axl at some capacity, and even more if he gets money to live his recluse, yet gypsy lifestlye.

I only have enough of the 'Izzy's the man' shit. No, he's not. Not more than any other of the classic band, minus Steven.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
johndivney wrote:

i think this is an unfair reading of the situation.
& in fact, in speculating like this you're guilty of what you accuse faldor & mrID & others of when you say this & this: "Problem is you're laying it out in a  way that doesn't even exist."

That doesn't even make sense. The fact others thin it's all about who Izzy is performing with be it Slash or Axl that determines our LOVE or HATE for him is clearly over simplifying it and suggesting people HATE Izzy is rather ridiculous. It's a dumbed down case of people wanting it to be an Axl vs Slash thing when it isn't.

johndivney wrote:

Izzy didn't blow off the fans.
if you think the RnRHoF was about or in anyway 'for' the fans then you've consumed & accepted the media spin.
it is NOT the 'point' of the HoF for people to show up & pay respect to the fans. that is the absolute fallacy which you're basing your argument on.

Actually no. I didn't buy into any media hype. I felt the RRHOF was a  great way for the band to pay repsect to the past and the fans years before it even happend and the guys who actually showed up to the event happen to agree with me so.....

johndivney wrote:

from what i can tell Izzy blew off the HoF because of the brouhaha & drama. not because he wanted to say fuck you to the GnR fans.

regardless of his intentions who in the end lost once again? the fans. So yeah he blew off the fans.

johndiivney wrote:

Izzy acted w/the decorum we've come to expect. it's the likes of you, Monkey, SG et al who have misconstrued, spun & taken it as a personal insult.
but to simplify it is as disrespecting the fans rather that examine Izzy's track record or the nonsense of the HoF is probably easier for you to digest so have at it. you have your truth, i think it's completely wrong.

Well gee if we're to believe the pretty common opinion from both the Axl "haters and lovers"  Izzy would've showed in all liklihood had Axl showed up so no it's not about avoiding the HOF  brouhaha & dramait's about being lame end of story. And to be honest it probably had a lot to do with not wanting to be on Axl's shit list. In the end he did blow off the fans so...

And despite the fact some of you say the RRHOF didnt' mean anything to the fans well it did and you're full of shit cause had they all showed up you'd all have thought it was an incredible moment for the fans and band alike. BUT because Axl & Izzy didn't show up up it's not that big of a deal. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Oh and for the record had Slash not showed up to the RRHOF I'd have thought he was lame as well. Difference is he "got it" As did the other guys who showed up.  It's not my fault Axl's ego and Izzy "coolness" prohibited them from being there.  The fact is they weren't there and it was a dick move on both their parts.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

but to simplify it is as disrespecting the fans rather that examine Izzy's track record

I can see what you mean John it's totally not supposed to be a personal insult, and I do recognise that I'm over reacting.

But it's the context of his character that frustrates me.

He acted as he's always done. But I guess for one night I was hoping people could rise above themselves and do something for history and for the fans.

Steven did...he got up there and didn't call out Axl. Matt did...he went up there and ate some humble pie that he was lucky to replace Steven. Slash did...he wanted no part of the drama that an Axl-less GNR would be, but he sucked it up and showed up and kept his mouth shut about Axl. So did Duff.

As I say, I can excuse it from Axl as it just doesn't make sense for his plan of being GNR without Slash to play with Slash.

But Izzy was just doing his usual "too cool for school" or flakey disapear on his own band mates thing (remember the JuJu guys talking of how he went to get a drink and they never saw him again or something). It's in character...but it's just got a bit old to me is all.

I agree there's a lot that suspect about the RRHOF. But for better or worse, it's the only institution of it's type we have at the moment, and it's what the public and the media use as the industry body of long service recognition.

Artificial or not I feel when your whole fan base is waiting for a response from you - you better have a decent reason to avoid it - Axl and Dizzy did...but Izzy's was paper thin.

I don't hate Izzy, and it has nothing to do with if he plays with Axl or Slash or anyone.

I was disappointed that he couldn't make an effort for RRHOF - it struck me as sort of childish to be honest.

I wish he'd never left GNR. Hell...I wish he hadn't bailed on VR too.

I'm just sick of him getting a pass from fans I guess. He has this mystique of it being cool that he won't commit to anything. And I like his songwriting, but I think praise of it from fans is out of proportion....GNR was famous because Axl's voice was in the top 5 of all time singers, and Slash's guitar is up there with the all time guitarists too....izzy is great...and gave them a platform to work on....but there's no way he's better than either of them to me....but that's personal taste.

When Axl plays a new song I'll be thrilled, or if we want to reassemble old-gnr guys more than 1 at a time I'll be into it too...but to me the 1 old guy with the new band playing the old songs...don't see the point is all...but if they have fun then it's all good.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:

Seriously do it because I'm tired of your weird ramblings about me having "anger issues" or "emotional problems" when the truth is nothing could be further from the truth. You seriously sound like a god damn flake every time you say that. You talk about my "over aggressive" behavior and yet all you do is use passive aggressive comments. It makes you every bit as much of an asshole as you think I am.

*sigh*
I will. Just know this, there was a reason you were almost banned. And you argued with me over a post you never even read, which was pointed out to you over and over again. So, take it how you want. I need a break from seeing your posts for a while. Happy trails, dude.

Sky Dog wrote:

all you guys should shut the fuck up....a cool Gnr moment ruined by petty fuckin' arguments....Tommy playin on the streets of London. Rock and Roll motherfuckers....him and Izzy are long lost brothers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZLxbiHKM_g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcflNkr2 … ure=relmfu

Sky Dog wrote:

jarmo got some killer pics of izzy
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … c=64417.80

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

all you guys should shut the fuck up....a cool Gnr moment ruined by petty fuckin' arguments....Tommy playin on the streets of London. Rock and Roll motherfuckers....him and Izzy are long lost brothers.

Sorry, but this means just as much for me as Todd Kerns were doing this. Nothing.

I understand that you enjoy it. Have fun! 5

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Cool shit. Sounds just as good on the sidewalk as he does the stage.

Board footer