You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

Sky Dog wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

all you guys should shut the fuck up....a cool Gnr moment ruined by petty fuckin' arguments....Tommy playin on the streets of London. Rock and Roll motherfuckers....him and Izzy are long lost brothers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZLxbiHKM_g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcflNkr2 … ure=relmfu

Sorry, but this means just as much for me as Todd Kerns were doing this. Nothing.

I understand that you enjoy it. Have fun! 5

Todd Kerns and Tommy Stinson....ok. One and the same. 18

retarded comparison outside of the obvious. Todd is a fuckin" legend in the industry and a great songwriter! Nice post Mikka....more petty bullshit....par for the course at this point.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Bono wrote:

This

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...i see that they're old friends...it does make some sense in that regards....what would have been good is if he didn't take sides though...he could have turned up at the RRHOF to show some respect...then come and played with axl his mate...and lending some legitimacy to what Axl does....now THAT would have been good...but I guess he was blowdrying his socks that night or whatever "cool" people do.

and This

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axlin12, I am not hiding behind Slash, it's fucking IZZY and DIZZY that are hiding behind Axl. And I can understand Dizzy, for he still gets paid by Axl, but Izzy only didn't do the rnrhof cause Axl wasn't. I wish he would just say it. Doesn't have fuck to do with Jan Werner or some other shit. Everyone checked their ego at the door except Izzy and Axl. They didn't see it the way Duff did that the HOF was bigger than them and was really more for the fans.  The timing simply suggests that Izzy is cool enough to play with a guy that still enforces a Slash Tshirt band and has to pay hot girls to show up, but can't make one of the biggest moments from the original guns. If Izzy were a true friend to Axl, he wouldn't be so damn scared of him. But Izzy has always been passive, and has always chose to run vs face the music and fight for what he believes in. That is all fine, he can do as he pleases, but he or you shouldn't expect him not to be called out. Playing with Axl? Cool. Playing with Axl a month and a half after blowing off the original Guns? Not so cool in my book.

It's rather embarassing that some of you don't grasp what's actually being said here. You just get tunnel vision and think people hate Izzy and think Izzy performing with Guns is lame as fuck. Honestly some of you need to pull your heads outta the sand.

And this right here.... are you fucking kidding me. Do you really need someone to explain to you why there was no outcry when Izzy joined VR(or Guns) in the past and there is some now? Again rather embarassing that people can't grasp what the issue is here.

bigbri wrote:

How come there was not outcry when he played with VR. Where was the outrage? .

Yeah, I am so embarrassed for myself. Whoever said you have anger issues is totally spot-on. You're always on here blasting people left and right.

Remember, like I said before, Bono. Focus all your hate on me, I can take it.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

all you guys should shut the fuck up....a cool Gnr moment ruined by petty fuckin' arguments....Tommy playin on the streets of London. Rock and Roll motherfuckers....him and Izzy are long lost brothers.

Sorry, but this means just as much for me as Todd Kerns were doing this. Nothing.

I understand that you enjoy it. Have fun! 5

Todd Kerns and Tommy Stinson....ok. One and the same. 18

retarded comparison outside of the obvious. Todd is a fuckin" legend in the industry and a great songwriter! Nice post Mikka....more petty bullshit....par for the course at this point.

Choose your words better, fanboy, otherwise it'd look like an insult. smile

Both of them mean nothing for me. Nothing. They're replacable sidemen who are playing with two of my biggest heroes. I couldn't care less about them, that's it. None of them wrote any song that I would like. I'm a Guns N' Roses fan and Tommy Stinson didn't add more to my fanboyism than Todd Kerns.

I don't care about industry reputation, I'm glad you do. I do think though that noone in the industry got ecsatitc when heard that 'Tommy Stinson played guitar on the street'. News of the year. For you maybe, but if you left your Stinsonite rock for a few hours, you'd get a better picture of the world. You come and tell others to shut up, cause Tommy played on the streets of London. Like the world would have stopped. I sincerely wished you fun with it, but I dared to express that it wasn't ground-breaking or earth-shattering news. Had Izzy or Axl done that, I'd have been interested. Tommy? No, thanks.

Sky Dog wrote:

actually, when I referred to a cool gnr moment, I was talking about Izzy showing up in London. I was telling the people who were bitchin about Izzy to shut the fuck up....and the people who were derailing the thread with petty personal arguments.

I should have put the Tommy comments in the Tommy thread. Maybe you took my post wrong.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Sky Dog wrote:

Fuck, wish I'd seen that. Who's the guy with him?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Izzy, Axl, DJ and Bumble on a track would be fucking killer.

But Axl's still sitting on songs he wrote with Izzy from years ago. So why release one now?

Cause stuff with new guys bombed.

Keep bumble farrrrr away from the songwriting please

Axl izzy dj fuck itfly duff in for few co writes

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
johndivney wrote:

i think this is an unfair reading of the situation.
& in fact, in speculating like this you're guilty of what you accuse faldor & mrID & others of when you say this & this: "Problem is you're laying it out in a  way that doesn't even exist."

That doesn't even make sense. The fact others thin it's all about who Izzy is performing with be it Slash or Axl that determines our LOVE or HATE for him is clearly over simplifying it and suggesting people HATE Izzy is rather ridiculous. It's a dumbed down case of people wanting it to be an Axl vs Slash thing when it isn't.

Sorry, but I think it's clearly an Axl vs. Slash thing.  Call it what you will, dumbed down, oversimplified, juvenile, petty, etc.  The fanbase has been divided for over a decade now.  There are those who support Slash and those that support Axl.  Especially after the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  People have even stronger opinions now.  And for the record, I don't think I've heard (m)any Slash fan(s) say they thought that Izzy playing with Axl in London was cool.  I've heard, "he needed the money", "way to lick Axl's ballsack", "way to move forward Axl".  Things of that nature.  You asked that question.  That's my answer.  And the same goes for Axl fans in relation to the Rock Hall performance.  They slammed that, saying that it wasn't GNR without Axl.  I disagree with both lines of thought.

I'm not saying EVERYONE (Slash fans) hates Izzy.  Talk about oversimplifying things.  I've pointed it out before.  Duff was "spineless" when he opened for Guns.  But since he "did the right thing" and showed up to the Hall, he's in good graces again.  So I guess the lesson here is, everything these guys did before that night in Cleveland doesn't matter.  Those who showed up are exonerated for any past wrong doings.  Those who didn't, to hell with them.  That one night was the end all, be all.

Oh, there I go oversimplifying things again.  I drove 9 1/2 hours to Cleveland for that night and I thought it was AWESOME!  If anyone should be pissed, it should be me.  I could've seen the reunion that will never happen.  And since we know that's not going to happen, I could've still seen Izzy.  It would've been fantastic.  But it didn't happen.  People feel differently, and that's fine obviously.  Again, I think people put way too much emphasis on that one night.  It was, what it was.  I guess it meant a lot more to others though.  So be it.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

People need to get over the fact that the GNR we all grew to know and love in the beginning is no more, and never will be again.

I agree...but I think one of those people is Axl 16

Seriously, the hall debacle is compounding by the mock UYI tour going on now with 14 years, Estranged.

Have Izzy come out and play "Down by The Ocean" or whatever he wrote with the new band (or actually a previous new band but whatever)....have the band play "The General" or "Blood in the Water" or do something they wrote themselves....but we all know that doesn't happen....it's just AFD/UYI era tribute.....so you can't blame people for not moving on.

Look at Slash's recent NYC show. Some hits from AFD/UYI, some Snakepit 2, Some contraband, some slash 2010 songs and some 2012 songs. No one minds him playing the old stuff cos their is forward movment (well other than those that hate myles).

It's the same with Axl...if he made a new GNR - no one would be so angry bout his refusal to be old GNR. But it doesn't happen. On a good day you'll get a couple of CD era songs...which most of us have heard for a decade (4 years for the non-leaked ones) and then if you're lucky you'll be surprised with UYI hits....it's not the fans who need to move on.

I see what you're saying, and you are right.  It is time for Axl to move forward, and it does get frustrating.  Who knows what the hold up is at this point other than touring making lots more money than releasing new music.  I'm hopeful that this will be the last round of touring and they will work on finishing up the next album in the fall.  If that doesn't happen, then I'll be right with you on the "Frustration Train".  I'll give them till then though.  I can understand why they wouldn't want to play new music if a new album is nowhere near ready to be released.  The CD debacle was ridiculous enough.  No need to go through that again.  Listening to "new" live versions of songs for 7 years.  My dream would be they debut a new song towards the end of this run because of the aforementioned plan to finish up the album.  Until then, the nostalgia/CD tour continues.

johndivney wrote:
Bono wrote:

Bullshit bullshit bullshit...
And despite the fact some of you say the RRHOF didnt' mean anything to the fans well it did and you're full of shit cause had they all showed up you'd all have thought it was an incredible moment for the fans and band alike. BUT because Axl & Izzy didn't show up up it's not that big of a deal. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

fuck you, you mindless idiot. try replying once w/o condescending into mudslinging.

prick.

Board footer