You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

Gibbo wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

http://www.getnetworth.com/izzy-stradlin-net-worth/

According to this site Izzy has $28 Million dollars in assets......

Axls doing alright a lazy 200m

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

this is what pisses me off, Izzy blows the reunion with the old guys despite Duff putting forward a very clear message that they should so it for the fans.
Axl has his reasons (debated to DEATH at this stage)
but Izzy...Duff said he's not down with press and cameras etc..?? WTF??

YET
He'll go a do a pay to play hired hand gig where Axl appears to use him as a pacifier for the old reunion blow hards like myself..

Its Balls to me.

And for Smoking Guns here's the quote from Axl about Izzy getting paid,

"The Izzy bit was fun -- and also fun because we didn't have to rely on him in any way, which is how he prefers things and works better for everyone. ........He called, asked to come out and negotiated a deal with management that it's probably best that none of us knew about or the fun would've seemed a bit more like being used or taken advantage of spoiling the moment. As it was, we had a great time."

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Okay, that ruins shit for me, cause not it sounds like the cool easy going Izzy seems to be just about the money. Izzy doesn't sound nearly as cool as he did before I read this.

yarno
 Rep: 0 

yarno wrote:

come on guys - izzy is cool, gn'r isn't - they can profit from some of his coolness once in a while, but it's gonna cost them.  Without money there would be no one on that stage...finck?...duff?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Seems like everyone in Axls world is on the payroll or at least onto a nice little earner somehow, pretty sad when you think about it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I really thought he was doing those for free and just hanging out. He is soooooo rock n roll.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

There's no way anyone is going to fly all over the world to do a few songs a show on their own dime. That's not reality. GN'R has a touring expense account, like every other band, and it makes since for them to fork out airfair and hotel rooms for Izzy, if that's what they're going to do.

From the backstage footage in 2006, Izzy looks to be having a blast with the band. I don't see anything other than these guys wanting to play with each other.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The question is ID does he get an appearance fee in addition to having touring expenses covered and so on.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

In fairness ID, I think this goes beyond Izzy looking for a 1st class seat and a decent hotel to be at the gigs.

Izzy did these deals when he replaced Gilby when he was injured and also for playing with the new band. Maybe management handled it behind Axl's back as the guy was stoked to have Izzy along and they didn't want to tell him he was on a rate and not there as a mate.

If Axl is pissed over Izzy's rate it must be pretty fucking steep. This is a man who left $200K chains around to be easily  stolen by a young model. He doesn't work in the same cash bracket us lot are in.

Blast or no blast, Izzy is getting a check. Can't blame him and don't blame him for that, its the model Axl wanted.

For me, it just shows Izzy could give two fucks about the old band's legacy and the ethos Duff tried to cultivate around the RRHOF gig.

Board footer