You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Author Marc Canter speaks about hearing CD

Neemo wrote:

from a thread in the TWAT section

AtariLegend wrote:

Axl has like 50 songs with the new band. I've heard Chinese Democracy and it's great.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=1763

so here is yet another source claiming that axl has a ton of tracks...

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Bah... he could have 1000 tracks if he wants, but it doesn't matter what he has if no one gets to here them.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
sic. wrote:

Well, it ain't the first.

Marc said that on HTGTH last Halloween.

I have known Axl very well for 23 years and Slash for 31 years and one thing for sure, Axl does not lie. You will always get the truth form Axl. The problem is  a lot of the time you won't get any comment from Axl at all because his words have been twisted so many times. If he set a date for the record, he ment it. I heard the record in Aug 2006 (and by the way it's great)and he told me it would be out before Xmas of 2006. The problem is things change as days go by  that were unseen at the time he set those dates and thats what keeps holding  the record back.

So yeah, in August '06 Axl played Marc the album. Merck said they still had three-four days to go at that point, but Axl was getting cold feet about the finishing up the process. So those two (Marc n' Merck tongue) back each others stories quite nicely.

If Marc heard the 13 or so tracks slated for CD, there's a chance the rhythm parts in the end product have been tinkered, with some new Axl vocals. Based on what's gone down since, it's fair to assume Marc heard a very finished version.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Backslash wrote:

Bah... he could have 1000 tracks if he wants, but it doesn't matter what he has if no one gets to here them.

HEAR HEAR 16 tongue

sic's post above implies that Axl felt it was going o tbe relased in 06...at least that was Marc's impression

yet here we are a year and a half later still waiting

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses for Axl and his people - I'm not.

However, one needs to look at the big picture (which still contain variables beyond public knowledge) to realize that the release of the album itself is not simple feat. Axl might've been on one hand, scared to finish it all up in the euphoria of the '06 tours, and the other hand, the label and the management were playing a dangerous game with each other, hoping the other one would bend by the time Axl would finish the album. None of those things happened. Axl failed complete his work, Merck failed to make a new deal and Universal failed to set up the album release in order to be on stand-by when the master copies would arrive. It all went down in flames in late '06 and Axl, unaware of the damage done or simply to soothe the situation, announced that he could make things right with the label by early January, with a March release.

Of course, none of that happened either.

Axl went into hiding, fine-tuned the album, remixed the songs and toured to cover the aforementioned costs. He needed to have enough GNR money (instead of his own, I reckon) to cover all areas of the album work up to the mastering, which is why 2007 went on with bursts of activity. The previous year had taken a bite out of the GNR cash-flow, because I gather they were capitalizing on getting CD before Christmas and the label was expected to save their asses by submitting to a high-speed release. The album is done now, and the situation is what it was supposed to be exactly one year ago.

bucketfoot
 Rep: 4 

bucketfoot wrote:

I'd sell my body for a new leak even if it is 5+ years old like the other songs, but if Marc were to divulge some juicy details, I'd be quite appeased.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

He has 50 songs? Fine, I expect someone of his caliber to write 4-5 songs a year. I don't care about how difficult it is for Axl to release an album. He makes it difficult. Every other band and artist has problems. Axl released his first album in 1987 and his last of original material in 1991. Now we're in 2008. I don't care about anything else.

bucketfoot
 Rep: 4 

bucketfoot wrote:

If no update by May,  I'm gone for good. Hold me to it.

Board footer