You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Canter Banter @ MyGNR...

Olorin wrote:

Anybody been following this section newly added to MyGnr?

Marc Canter has been giving his opinion on all kinds of questions from fans about Axl, Slash,GNR and himself etc. its interesting stuff.
Man, Axl Rose is one fucked up dude... everything everyone on the forums has speculated about Axls pathilogical hatred of Slash over the years looks to be bang on the money, its tragic.
Its an eye opener and no mistake and paints a vivid picture on why Axl has struggled to take GNR forward and will continue to, the man is apparantly even more lost in a world hatred and resentment and obsession about the past than even the most cynical of us guessed.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/fo … banter-qa/

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

He doesn't seem too optimistic about Axl "moving forward".  He's always seemed to have a level headed view of things in the past, so I have no reason to doubt any of his thoughts.

One thing of note though, he hasn't spoken to Axl in 2-3 years, so he's not as "informed" as he once was.  Although, it's questionable how much Axl has changed over that time.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah I've been reading that section since it started.

Some other interesting stuff in there, plus other stuff just confirming what we suspected about the behind the scenes goings on.

His level of hatred and still to this day overwhelming concern about Slash is disturbing.  Also stuff about Beta and the mechanics of her relationship with Axl, e.g. trying to keep stuff from him so he doesn't get upset, denying that maybe Axl should get some sort of help to let go of his shit, she simply agrees that it's all Slash's fault etc etc.  Stuff we all suspected reading between the lines etc, but still interesting nonetheless.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I see Ali is popular over there too...lol.

Made for interesteing reading.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Great read.. Thanks! 5

ppp

ppp wrote:

It's shame he didn't come here instead. I think he would have gotten a lot better questions.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
ppp wrote:

It's shame he didn't come here instead. I think he would have gotten a lot better questions.

My guess is they are giving him an incentive to be there.

ppp

ppp wrote:

Well he gave his reasons for posting there, saying he wanted to try and end the hatred between Axl and Slash fans, as well as the hatred some fans seem to feel for them personally.

I guess he really doesn't have that problem here, as most people seem to get along. And most people here don't seem to hate either Axl or Slash, just disagree with certain decisions they have made at certain times. It doesn't get too ugly here.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
ppp wrote:

My guess is they are giving him an incentive to be there.

Ahhh, good point.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
ppp wrote:

Well he gave his reasons for posting there, saying he wanted to try and end the hatred between Axl and Slash fans, as well as the hatred some fans seem to feel for them personally.

Good luck with that.  I think that's an impossible task.  The Axl vs. Slash feud lines have been drawn.  Neither side is backing down.  No matter what Marc Canter, or anyone else has to say.

With that being said, I appreciate his efforts.  But there are lots of fans who are just as irrational as Axl and Slash themselves.

Board footer