You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Bumblefoot not happy? Speculating....

faldor wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I really feel for the guy, it's not cool.  He soldiered on thru these shows so Axl wouldn't have to cancel the tour and cost himself millions of dollars.  Yet in return they drag the fucking thing on and on and on.

To quote Axl " no good deed goes unpunished".

While I agree he doesn't sound happy.  It could easily just be a case of him letting off some steam in the heat of the moment.  It's been a long 3 year tour and they were inching ever so close to the end.  Then, this show pops up out of nowhere on short notice.  Not sure it's much more than a reasonable reaction to the situation at hand.  Not necessarily a doomsday, "I quit" scenario. 

The tour is coming to a close.  They will all get some much needed rest.  Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.  Then we sit back and wait to see what the hell happens next.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:

And another one, some minutes ago....

@bumblefoot: Success without a feeling of integrity, or happiness, is not success. To me. We all have to re-evaluate our compromises once in a while...

This quote right here says it all. As a musician and an artist being in Guns N' Roses wodl be soul sucking. If $$$ are all you care about sure it'd be fine but I have a hard time believing any of the guys in the band truely enjoy what they are doing. How can you be ever passionate about other people's work unless you're allowed to use it as an influence and create your own material.

It would be like being an architect and all you ever do is present other people's designs. All you are ever acknowldge for is how nicely you can present someone else's accomplishments. That is soul sucking and that is what's happening in Guns N' Roses.

How these guys, as professional and creative musicians do it is beyond me.

faldor

faldor wrote:

I think it's safe to say that they all want to make their own mark on GNR's history.  The fact that isn't happening has to get frustrating for all involved.  I don't think they mind living off the past, in the sense that at the shows that's what the majority of the fans want to hear.  So they're honored to perform them to the best of their abilities.  But in situations like this, private events, parties, etc.  It's a different animal.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

I guess the manager need another pair of sneakers made out of crocodileskin, or whatever the fuck he tweeted a while ago....

And Axl is not innocent in this. He could put a stop to these private shows if he wanted to!
These kind of shows don't sit right with me.

Remember Axl's advice in the chats back in '08? "Never sell out!"

Walk the talk, man!

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

That's the tough thing these days, to make a buck in the current music environment you need to do some things that might once have been considered a sellout.

What's funny is people used to pull the piss out of Slash for doing all sorts of lame things.  Even Axl called him a media whore etc etc.

But I think Axl has only just realized what Slash knew a number of years ago, things have changed and you have to change too if you still want to make a living in the business. That's why we see Monster Energy logos on Axls piano and a Monster can sitting on top of it during Nov Rain. These private gigs for the bourgeois sure pay well too.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

So Izzy turned up too?

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

yeah he did. and played almost the entire set with them as it seems..

Youre crazy w izzy. Jungle w izzy, easy w izzy, brownstone w izzy, used to love her w izzy, this I love,
14 years w izzy, dead flowers w izzy, jam/rocket queen, estranged, live and let die, street of dreams, sweet child o mine, don't cry, Nightrain with izzy, Patience w izzy, Heavens door w izzy, paradise city with izzy

/jarmo

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

and by the way:

Bumblefoot ‏@bumblefoot
That was actually fun as fuck & everybody was so sweet

Bumblefoot ‏@bumblefoot
Now, ONE show left. Then I get home, continue spine treatments, & think about what brings the best/worst out of me & what needs to change.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

They got million dollars for the show i dont know what bumblefoots complaining about easy $$$

faldor

faldor wrote:
gibbo wrote:

They got million dollars for the show i dont know what bumblefoots complaining about easy $$$

Like I said before, seems he was just blowing off some steam.  The guy was excited the never ending tour was nearly finished and then out of nowhere this private gig pops up out of nowhere.  The man is still in pain and has been counting down the days to when he can get some much needed rest.  This didn't sit well with him initially, but he got through it and had a good time in doing so. 

And as for band members not being able to speak their minds.  I think this episode would blow that theory out of the woodwork.  Ron called out the band.  You can't speak your mind much more than that.  What happened to the gag order people always talk about?

Oh and, Izzy's back.  Uh oh, better stay out of this one. 10  Nah.  I will say it is (somewhat) cool to see Izzy join Axl on the 25th anniversary/birthday of Appetite to jam on some songs.  Though it's not as cool as it COULD have been.  21

Board footer