You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Hey, speaking of which

Hidden Text:

does anyone think Nolan's intention with that ending was to leave it open to make a new/different line of movies in the future?

Well Russ I think that was the intention all along. 

Hidden Text:

If you watch The Dark Knight again.  Bruce Wayne says already that somebody else could be Batman.  And in this movie it is referenced several times that somebody else could be the Batman.  Before the movie came out I had predicted it would end with the death of Batman but not Bruce Wayne and that we'd get a sort of Batman Beyond.  The ending we got was almost exactly what I had imagined or predicted.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Dude...it was one of the best super hero cartoons a couple years back. It still holds quite well today. It shows in re-runs on The Hub and the DVDs are at a fair price to pick up.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Nice! That's cool! My music collection is starting to grow quite nicely. Your roommate may have a copy lying around. The voice acting and animation are well done. So are the new characters and of course Kevin Conroy!! Another thing I recommend is The Return of the Joker, A Batman Beyond TV movie which has a great story and...fucking Mark Hamill back as the clown prince of crime!! smile It's extremely dark at times; but I won't spoil anything.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

The movie did remind me a lot of Batman Beyond because of Bruce hobbling around on a cane haha.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Hey, speaking of which

Hidden Text:

does anyone think Nolan's intention with that ending was to leave it open to make a new/different line of movies in the future?

Well Russ I think that was the intention all along. 

Hidden Text:

If you watch The Dark Knight again.  Bruce Wayne says already that somebody else could be Batman.  And in this movie it is referenced several times that somebody else could be the Batman.  Before the movie came out I had predicted it would end with the death of Batman but not Bruce Wayne and that we'd get a sort of Batman Beyond.  The ending we got was almost exactly what I had imagined or predicted.

Well then, very well played to you!

Hidden Text:

I for one would be totally ok with that. I don't know the first thing about Batman Beyond. Apparently I should look into that 16

Well I much prefer the road taken here then another reboot.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Good movie. Why are all the comments blacked out?  Not sure bit was better than avengers. The new toys were awesome!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Good movie. Why are all the comments blacked out?  Not sure bit was better than avengers. The new toys were awesome!

So the spoiler bits are hidden from those who haven't seen it yet

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer