You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: New Down Song played

Furbush wrote:

http://www.twitch.tv/exile16661/b/326364121

Studio version of "The Misfortune Teller" @ 1:30 9

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Furbush wrote:

http://www.twitch.tv/exile16661/b/326364121

Studio version of "The Misfortune Teller" @ 1:30 9

I fucking love you bro. 16

Sounds fucking sweet. Very Nola with a little II sounding groove in there.

I'm crowd suffering to this fucker at one of the shows. That fucking riff man. I love this song.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

gonna have to check these links out at some point

Russ....go with Nola first.....Down II kicks ass too though.... but its gotta be one of those 2 albums first

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Stone the Crow from Nola

Stained Glass Cross from Down II

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Furbush

Furbush wrote:

I just came here to do the same thing,,, 9

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Thanks bro. Sounds fucking killlllller. Cant wait to get this on cd. Only took a quick listen.. dont wanna spoil it  since its out on Tuesday

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Just got done giving it play through on my system in my truck. And it is juicy. Very tasty. So fucking groovy and that classic down feel. The guitars are killer on this EP. Wicked drum fills too. I am loving it. Phil sounds good. Kinda a cross between Phil of III and Phill of I and II. Which is what the music sounds like as well. But more in that Nola feel, especially Pepper's guitar work. I'll post more after more listens.

Furbush

Furbush wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Just got done giving it play through on my system in my truck. And it is juicy. Very tasty. So fucking groovy and that classic down feel. The guitars are killer on this EP. Wicked drum fills too. I am loving it. Phil sounds good. Kinda a cross between Phil of III and Phill of I and II. Which is what the music sounds like as well. But more in that Nola feel, especially Pepper's guitar work. I'll post more after more listens.

Now that it's clear they're gone forever, I just wanna say: I REALLY miss Phil's 94/95 era screaming/singing combos. (Think "Eyes Of The South", "Rehab" and the first couple live vids I saw of them doing "Misfortune Teller".... A GRAAAAAAVE MISTAAAAAAKE...

Example:

It's still the best he's sounded in a long time. The difference between the vocals on the demo of "This Work Is Timeless" circa Down 3 and this ep is ridiculous.

He's not sounding weak anymore... or stretching out of his comfort zone... But, the SCREAMS, man....I watched Metal Masters, dude... I know you got it in ya....

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

I fully agree he doesn't sound weak anymore. First thing I noticed. I love the era Phil too man. He was so fucking ace in that period. Love watching those Nola boots. Phil was just prime time man.

But I fucking cant wait to hear Misfortune Teller live in two weeks. I am going to go ape shit. I go nuts in my truck jamming it out to that tune.

Board footer