You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Re: Axl Rose Gets Mixed Result at Hearing in 'Guitar Hero' Lawsuit

Gagarin wrote:

well, it would also be fun to have RB stems for UYI. this I know.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Ok, I 've been thinking about this all day

IS THIS why Axl didn't go to HOF? is this why Axl has made up with every member of GNR but Slash?

Think about it. He has a 20 million dollar lawsuit. So he has to play it up like he hates Slash so the judge will buy the damage done by Activision.

If Axl joins Slash onstage, he has no case, cause he would've confused people more than the video game featuring Slash.

SO

Is Axl using this lawsuit to magnify his grudge against Slash?

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
-D- wrote:

Ok, I 've been thinking about this all day

IS THIS why Axl didn't go to HOF? is this why Axl has made up with every member of GNR but Slash?

Think about it. He has a 20 million dollar lawsuit. So he has to play it up like he hates Slash so the judge will buy the damage done by Activision.

If Axl joins Slash onstage, he has no case, cause he would've confused people more than the video game featuring Slash.

SO

Is Axl using this lawsuit to magnify his grudge against Slash?

Whether or not Axl stood up on stage with Slash at the RRHOF or not would've been immaterial to the issue at the heart of the suit:  Activision misrepresenting to Axl their intention to use Slash's image and likeness in GH III.  It wouldn't have anything to do with what happened back in 2007.  Any way, Axl would have to be certain that GN'R's induction would be before this went to trial for that to even be possible, and last I checked, his name is Axl Rose, not Nostradamus Rose.

Ali

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Ali i agree with that...but would it speak as to the question of damages?

That is....say Activision are found to have legally misrepresented themselves to Axl that they wouldn't use Slash's likeness, or otherwise breached a contract with Axl because of their association with Slash.

Wouldn't the next stage to be to assertain what the appropriate damages are? Which would normally look at the harm resulting to Axl because of it right? And if Axl himself does something that binds him to slash much deeper....wouldn't there be an argument to say that although it's a nominal breach...activision shouldn't have to pay him much because there's no real loss to Axl?

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Ali, I see what you are saying, I really do. However..

- There are 25 million copies of Slash playing WTTJ on AFD out there.
- There are thousands of hours of video in high street shops and on the
   internet of Slash playing WTTJ.
- Slash continues to play the song regularly.
- You CANNOT change history or make people 'forget' Slash's
   ownership of that riff no matter how much money you throw at this in
   court or how bitchy and difficult you are with the RNRHOF, your
   record  label, your fans or Slash himself.

Axl is getting one third of the royalties from Activision, the same amount of money as Slash gets. Slash did all the work on this and Axl still gets paid...ALOT

Here's a thought....why not, just for once, be GRACIOUS, thankful and just stop FUCKING ABOUT with this idiotic feud and get on with making great new music?

My take on things is that he's realised two things:
1. Him & his band won't top AFD and the UYIs
2. Slash won't do what Izzy & Duff did and go away / go low key.

So, being wired up as he is, he's going to devote the rest of his life making tons of money off of those albums while at the same time spending lots of money & time trying to claim that glory for himself and rub his old partner out of his rightful place in history.

It aint going to work and it aint going to give us new music anytime soon. No court in the land can make the global recognition of Slash's contribution to GNR disappear.

johndivney wrote:
Ali wrote:

Whether or not Axl stood up on stage with Slash at the RRHOF or not would've been immaterial to the issue at the heart of the suit:  Activision misrepresenting to Axl their intention to use Slash's image and likeness in GH III.

please.

there would not be a suit if axl didn't hate slash. that's the heart of the suit/matter/whatever BS.

& i mean maybe, just maybe, the guy has a reason for being so full of spite. but he's never justified it publicly so he just looks like a nut. & a broken record.

who gives a shit if acitivision told axl a little white lie? seriously?!
if axl had any balls he's fucking stop messing around chasing ever last dollar & make & release some fucking music. what is he, a business man or a musician? he's fucking wasting our time is what he's doing, it's the only thing he does a half decent job of anymore.

Lomax wrote:

The permission was give (contractually) "under duress". Activision cannot win here.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Activision cannot win here

Maybe some of the legal eagles can explain this to me.

If Activisions lawyer pointed out that:

a. Axl got his full dues as a fellow licensor in GNR Inc.

and

b. Axl only issued the formal legal proceedings years later when he didn't get his way about a seperate game featuring CD, loosing what he thinks could have been million is revenue.

Can a good lawyer make the point that this suit is being brough more to seek damages from Activision for not developing his product rather than Axl actually being that annoyed about Slash's presence on the original product release.

i.e. this lawsuit is a back door way to claw back monies lost against a CD orientated release and nothing to do with Slash  which means it should be thrown out?

Sky Dog wrote:

the case is going to trial...over breach of contract only...of course Activision can win. Likely, they will just settle. Who gives a fuck? More petty lawsuits from millionaires.

Sky Dog wrote:

the breach of contract is over Slash's image being used....Axl will allege he told them they could use Jungle however, no images of Slash were to be used. Activision used it allegedly against Axl's wishes so he is alleging they "breached their contract".....simple as that I think. It is about Slash...don't fool yourself. If it goes to trial it will be interesting.

Board footer