You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: best band round 2 BLS vs Supaplex

-D- wrote:

BLS Pride-
Layne Staley (Vocals)
Dimebag Darrell (Guitars)
Toni Iommi (Guitars)
Cliff Burton (Bass)
John Bonham (Drums)
Billy Gibbons (Utility

vs

Supaplex-
Freddie Mercury (Vocals)
Tom Morello (Lead Guitar),
Izzy Stradlin (Rhythm Guitar)
Les Claypool (Bass)
Travis Barker (Drums)
Tori Amos (Piano)

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

My vote went with Supa.  Stradlin, Claypool and Mercury.  Nuff said.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Again I feel my band is the better of the two. Even as a harder more heavy band it gels better than supa's. It actually could be a functioning band and would play the shit out of each other's material. I dont think his band could pull that off as well as mine. Barker is a weak pick with les on bass. Amos is a odd pick. The others would be hit or miss chemistry. Besides tom and les i question it working out.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

of all the bands in the universe i had to go against BLS'

i guess the obvious thing is whether you're more into heavy or funk, rock n' roll, mellow stuff.

i think my band could work together very well. and it wasn't stated that they have to be able to play each other's material so i don't think that stands as an argument against my band.

tom and les together with izzy could pull off whatever style you'd ask of them.
i don't think travis is such a weak pick, he's there to play his drums and for the show, and i think he can pull that off as it's not such a hard thing to do.

i picked amos because i like her piano playing and since i had freddie on vocals you need to have a piano in the band. also, tori is a great songwriter and together with freddie and izzy they could do some great things together as far as putting songs together.

i think they could put one hell of a show with les, tom, amos and mr. mercury right up there. i would love to see a show by the people i picked and i can't begin to think what an album could sound like.

in conclusion, as i've said, it's more of a choice of styles between these two bands. BLS has a very strong line-up, possibly my favorite besides my band so, whatever you guys pick i'm fine with it. 5

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
supaplex wrote:

of all the bands in the universe i had to go against BLS'

i guess the obvious thing is whether you're more into heavy or funk, rock n' roll, mellow stuff.

i think my band could work together very well. and it wasn't stated that they have to be able to play each other's material so i don't think that stands as an argument against my band.

tom and les together with izzy could pull off whatever style you'd ask of them.
i don't think travis is such a weak pick, he's there to play his drums and for the show, and i think he can pull that off as it's not such a hard thing to do.

i picked amos because i like her piano playing and since i had freddie on vocals you need to have a piano in the band. also, tori is a great songwriter and together with freddie and izzy they could do some great things together as far as putting songs together.

i think they could put one hell of a show with les, tom, amos and mr. mercury right up there. i would love to see a show by the people i picked and i can't begin to think what an album could sound like.

in conclusion, as i've said, it's more of a choice of styles between these two bands. BLS has a very strong line-up, possibly my favorite besides my band so, whatever you guys pick i'm fine with it. 5

This is the way I look at it.  Win or lose.  This is just fun.  So why trash the band you're up against and elevate yours?  People will vote for what they think will be the best band end of the line.  I voted for my competition.  Not because I thought his band was better or worse.  But because in the end.  This is just fun.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the whole point is to pump up ur own band and trash the other i thought?

i'm gonna go with BLS....cuz its a killer band....tho maybe i shouldnt cuz his band is a direct rival to my own 16

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Neemo wrote:

the whole point is to pump up ur own band and trash the other i thought?

i'm gonna go with BLS....cuz its a killer band....tho maybe i shouldnt cuz his band is a direct rival to my own 16

I misunderstood.  My bad.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I screwed up against Lofton then...I said his band was good. 

I look at it similarly...the bands are what they are.  There's no way to know for sure if it would or wouldn't work; it's all just an opinion.  People are most often going to choose the band they like more of the people in.  Makes sense.  The people that like more of a heavy sound are going to lean towards bands put together in that style; the people that like more "pop" music are going to go for bands closer to that style. 

My band is as "pop" as you can get.  I know there are some people that won't vote for it for that reason, and there's nothing wrong with that.  I get it.  I didn't make the band for anybody other than me.  It's already a winner in my book no matter how the votes come out.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I screwed up against Lofton then...I said his band was good. 

I look at it similarly...the bands are what they are.  There's no way to know for sure if it would or wouldn't work; it's all just an opinion.  People are most often going to choose the band they like more of the people in.  Makes sense.  The people that like more of a heavy sound are going to lean towards bands put together in that style; the people that like more "pop" music are going to go for bands closer to that style. 

My band is as "pop" as you can get.  I know there are some people that won't vote for it for that reason, and there's nothing wrong with that.  I get it.  I didn't make the band for anybody other than me.  It's already a winner in my book no matter how the votes come out.

I totally agree with you.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I wasnt trashing his band. Just saying why i think mine is better and my opinion of the band. Im not gonna make a case for my opponent to win.

Board footer