You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Slash ft Myles & The Conspirators Aussie Tour 2012

metallex78 wrote:

Haven't seen the full Perth set list, but according to this review, they played Jungle in the encore

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/ … -h3d5.html

Slash Rocks It At Perth's Metro City

It's unfortunate Rose Tattoo weren't on the Perth leg of the Slash tour because Angry Anderson would have felt right at home.

Metro City is Thunderdome, with fans stacked on top of each other in tiered terraces, like Anderson's Road Warrior set or the galactic parliament from Star Wars.

At first, the Conspirators appear lost in what is essentially a disco. They seem isolated from the crowd, the acoustics are echo-ey and the stage does not allow for the intimacy that Slash tweeted about in Adelaide two nights previously.

It's a slow start, with "Halo", and even "Nightrain" doesn't quite hit the mark.

This could easily be just another stop on an exhaustive world tour, a passable outing that the drunks will enjoy but the band will soon forget. But this is the last night of a fantastic Australian trek - "Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators" don't let that happen.

Six songs in, "My Michelle" makes an appearance. This is perhaps the one Guns N'Roses song that Kennedy has not yet made his own and he doesn't assume ownership tonight either - but Slash is sublime, the sound mix has improved and the punters are going crazy.

The deal closer is "Rocket Queen". Slash's solo is elongated and a thing of beauty - and we're off and running.

There's some unusual song choices,  and for the encore, Slash ambles over to the mic and says "we have hardly played this one." Maybe three times ever. You'll recognise it."
It's "Welcome To The Jungle".

Despite playing in a nightclub, the band have turned City Metro into an asylum. The place goes nuts, "Paradise City" closes things out and a gig that threatened to be ordinary has been turned, once again, into something altogether extraordinary.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Damn, given the sound ain't that great, Todd gives Axl a bit of a run for his money there in that clip...

Rimov
 Rep: 10 

Rimov wrote:

Really surprised with the Todd's vocal, hi kicking ass!

But i have the question - where is Myles? Why he not on stage at all?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Rimov wrote:

He has some time off the stage during the set, when Slash's playing his solos and Todd's singin' 1 or 2 songs.

However, it's a good question that why Myles is away during this song, when Todd's tune is Dr Alibi (or Out ta Get Me). I think they (Myles included) had to face the fact that his voice wasn't 'bad boy enough' to do Jungle. They tried it, but even Slash admitted that they weren't (I guess he wasn't) satisfied with the performance. Hence came Todd. It's still an intriguing situation though, since Myles' favourite song is Welcome to the Jungle...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

That was fucking awesome!  Todd for VR!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Rimov wrote:

He has some time off the stage during the set, when Slash's playing his solos and Todd's singin' 1 or 2 songs.

However, it's a good question that why Myles is away during this song, when Todd's tune is Dr Alibi (or Out ta Get Me). I think they (Myles included) had to face the fact that his voice wasn't 'bad boy enough' to do Jungle. They tried it, but even Slash admitted that they weren't (I guess he wasn't) satisfied with the performance. Hence came Todd. It's still an intriguing situation though, since Myles' favourite song is Welcome to the Jungle...

That is quite strange. It was still an awesome performance. Todd's got some mean chops that fit great for those kind of songs. Everyone needs a bit of a break if they have to sing all that material. Got to give Myles's my props for that.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I had a fucken great time at the Perth gig and yeah it was cool seeing them do WTTJ too. As the other guys have said Slash is playing better than ever and the whole set has some real energy about it.

I like the way they describe the setup as a bit of a thunderdome, that sums it up pretty well. We had an awesome view. I've now decided that if both these guys and NuGNR were playing on the same night, I would choose the Slash gig.  It's cheaper, more intimate, less overblown and drawn out and simply put - better value for money. My only dilemma was when to take a piss break as there were no dead patches in the set.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Yep slash puts on a killer show

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

That was fucking awesome!  Todd for VR!

I think i read that Todd did apply for VR a few years back but didn't get a response.....he was joking with it with Slash in an early interview...

Board footer