You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Round 3 best band D vs BLS

-D- wrote:

D-
Robert Plant (Vocals)
Jimi Hendrix (Guitars)
Eric Clapton (Guitars)
Flea (Bass)
Neil Peart (Drums)
Trent Reznor (Utility)

vs

BLS Pride-
Layne Staley (Vocals)
Dimebag Darrell (Guitars)
Toni Iommi (Guitars)
Cliff Burton (Bass)
John Bonham (Drums)
Billy Gibbons (Utility

-D-

-D- wrote:

Both of our bands are certainly world class and no one could bitch or argue if either of us went on to win this entire game.

Its basically going to come down to tastes of the voters.

His band is heavy and darker, my band is bluesy and classic.

I still think My band is best simply cause I have undisputed top 5 players at all positions.

I didn't just DRAFT the best people either. I took time to make sure my band would actually have chemistry also. I really believe this unit would function well as a real band and would have a very long successful all time great career. They all could co exist and all are absolute brilliant at their instruments.

vocals aside, who here  wouldn't pay to see CLapton, Hendrix, Flea and Peart just improv and play off one another?

add Plant's voice.. Reznor's piano, modern sounds/production etc and I feel my band is just a bit better.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Have to go with D on this round.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I wouldn't agree you have the best five undisputed against me or overall. For me  my drum and bass are arguably better than yours. I think my utility man is better and fits better with the rest of the band. Trent is a odd man out for you. Modern sounds wouldn't mesh with your band. I have no weak link or odd man out.

Its up to the voters. But my band would slay the devil.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

I'll have no hard feelings and vote for the band that defeated me.  *lol*

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

bls

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

BLS

-D-

-D- wrote:

Stunned by this vote. U can't tell me, if u had money to SEE one of these bands, u would see  his band over mine.

His band is great, but u are getting one heavy style of music.

my band u would get all sorts of different stuff. rock , funk, heavy, ballads, etc

imagine this band doing a version of Trent's "Hurt" with full on guitar solos from Hendrix and Clapton?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Thats not a valid statement. My band can play things other than the heavy side. Both Tony and Dime have different sides to them. Both have slower and lighter work that is more mellow than what they are known for. Sabbath wasnt always heavy and Dime  wasnt always metal. Billy Gibbons oozes the blues. Layne and billy pouring out emotion all over the stage to a blues classic. That would be amazing. My band does have all sides covered.

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:

Bls.

Board footer