You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Round 3 Buzzsaw vs Russ

-D- wrote:

Buzzsaw-
John Lennon (Vocals)
Eddie Van Halen (Lead Guitar)
Keith Richards - (Rhythm Guitar)
Paul McCartney (Bass)
Mickey Dolenz (Drums)
Sting (Utility

vs

RussTCB-
Elvis Presley (Vocals)
Randy Rhodes (Guitars)
David Gilmour (Guitars)
John McVie (Bass)
Taylor Hawkins (Drums)
Prince (Utility)

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Ouch!  That is a really tough one!  I mean Lennon vs Elvis.  Lennon is definitely the best musician, but Elvis is a better performer and has a better voice.  Rhodes vs Eddie Van Halen.  That is very tough to determine which is better.  Keith Richards vs David Gilmour.  I think I'd have to give just a slight nod to Richards here.  A really slight one.  McCartney vs McVie.  I'll give McVie a slight nod because McCartney is responsible for some very horrible songs in the excellent catalog of the Beatles.  Dolenz vs Hawkins.  Sounds easy to give the nod to Hawkins.  But!  Dolenz is underrated perhaps.  And you have Sting against Prince.  Buzzsaw's band seems to have more talent to write songs because basicalyy Elvis didn't write lyrics or music.  I'll go with Russ because basically, if his band played live, they'd have a better variety of music.  Their catalog would be more diverse.  Wheread Buzz's band would be slightly more limited due to the fact you have 2 Beatles.  But this one will be VERY close.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

This should have been the finals matchup...

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

I totally agree with you Buzz.  Those are the 2 most solid bands and I'm surprised that the votes are not closer than this.

Sky Dog wrote:

I have a hard time voting for any band that has a Monkee and a Foo Fighter on drums! 16

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Tough call... But at the end of the day... Gotta go with Elvis. He's my tiebreaker.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i'm going for buzz

sorry russ man but aside from rhodes and gilmour i dont really think your band is anything to write home about 19

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Also voted for buzz despite his final two comment 16

Board footer