You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Billie Joe Armstrong is not a Bon Jovi fan

monkeychow wrote:

^Exactly.

The only rock green day have is the stone they just threw in their glass house.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Sorry guys ,I am fucking heated over this bullshit.

Just like over at HTGTH trying to compare BJ to Nickelback. GTFO

Billie Joe is the biggest poser in Punk Rock History. Dude is on Christina Aguilera's team on THE VOICE for fuck's sake.

at least Jon never CLAIMED to be anything he isn't.

Billie Joe = Male Avril Lavigne.

just like when he called Axl "Fucking Crazy" and it looked like Slash and Duff wanted to rip his head off.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Don't stress it D...it's comical.

Ask yourself which band has vocals that are hard to sing, solos that are complex to play.

I'm not a fan of punk but even for punk green day is a rubbish act. I'm not even really a Bon Jovi fan...but respect where it's due...their music destroys green day on every level.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

Can't wait to show my diehard Green Day fan of a friend these comments, as he claims that Green Day is better than Gn'R LOL

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I prefer Green Day to Jovi.  It's a personal preference.  Green Day's value is in their simplicity in my opinion.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

buzzsaw wrote:

I prefer Green Day to Jovi.  It's a personal preference.  Green Day's value is in their simplicity in my opinion.

I love both bands. Some of the more recent material Green Day have put down have been hit or miss for me. I like a good mix of their material. Love Dookie, some tracks from Insomniac, Nimrod, and love most of American Idiot. 21st Century Breakdown could of been a better album; but some of the songs could of been written better. They had a great producer. Liked their newest song, Nuclear Family. Had a classic sound. Oh Love was okay for the most part.  Plus this girl I'm friends with (that I really like) loves them; so talking to her about that music doesn't hurt my chances. 16  22 She wants to be a musician and we always share our musical interests.  As for Bon Jovi I rock out to their tunes as well. Couldn't get into their recent album that came out a few years ago. Billie Joe's comment was uncalled for though and rather childish. Especially since he is a grown man and his statement sounds like an annoying youtube comment. I still like the guy as a musician (sounds like a chill dude from time to time); but hey most musicians I like can be dicks sometimes. Axl, Billie Joe, Mustaine, I could go on. Damn I miss that Wall concert. Now that was a epic show with tons of energy and on time with no drama. Flying pig and Mr. Roger Waters (pure genius!) cool Even though I had to pay extra money cause that bitch sold the tickets $30 more than what they were actually worth on the box office website. 17 :Such is life! Still totally worth it!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

The truth is that both bands are fake - Jovi isn't a rock band any more than Green Day is a punk band.  They are both pop acts.  Always have been.  It's not that I dislike Jovi...I just prefer Green Day.  It may be as simple as my little brother was a huge fan and I got sick of hearing it as a kid.

As far as fake punk bands go, Green Day has been (off and on) one of the best if not the best since the 90s began.  I'm hit and miss with their material too, but like pretty much everything from AI going backwards.  Not because it's musically great but because it isn't.  It's simple, catchy pop music.  If you accept it for what it is, it's pretty good.  If you go in expecting it to be raw punk, you're going to be disappointed. 

As a bad amateur guitar player, I love me some Green Day that I can just strum the hell out of to get out some frustration...it's one of the few bands that I can cover pretty much anything they put out on guitar.  I don't play guitar to be good...it's usually a stress release for me.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't know...I don't listen to what any musicians have to say really.  I either like the music or I don't.  I don't care about the rest of it unless it's something I'm really into.

Board footer