You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Billie Joe Armstrong is not a Bon Jovi fan

faldor wrote:

I liked Green Day when they broke on the scene.  I've liked a few of their songs since but really haven't followed them that closely.  I do like their latest single though and you have to give them credit for being one of two rock bands, along with the Foo Fighters, that remain relevant to the mainstream to this day.  And they have 3 albums coming out this year.  That's impressive.  I also thought they did a good job at the Rock Hall induction considering the mess that it was.  All in all, I've gained more respect for them over the last year.  A few years ago I thought it was quite lame that "American Idiot" became a Broadway musical.  Again though, I guess you'd have to consider that impressive in a way.

But yeah, stuff like that is far from punk.  They also performed on the finale of America's Got Talent a few weeks back.  Hey, these are things you need to to do to stay in the public eye in a positive light.  Some are willing to go that route, some aren't.  I don't think they're really claiming to be anything that they're not.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Where do I see this doco you guys are talking about? Sounds like a good watch. Is it for sale anywhere/what's it called?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Where do I see this doco you guys are talking about? Sounds like a good watch. Is it for sale anywhere/what's it called?

It came free with The Circle album.  Not sure if it still does.  I liked the documentary myself.  I was glad they touched on the subject of Bon Jovi being a band or a solo act.  I remember in the early 90's Jon had said he considered Bon Jovi a solo act and that had always bothered me because Sambora is a key part in that "solo act".  Always thought that Jon was a little bit of an egomaniac and that documentary didn't change my mind one bit.  But it made me see his side a bit.  And I agree with Russ.  While I always wished they would go back to a more artistic side like in the These Days record.  He at least explained why he won't do it.  BTW haven't listened to Sambo's latest solo record yet.  Any good?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Behold! Green Day pretending they're something they're not:

Green Day Smashes Guitars, Storms Off Stage at iHeartRadio
by Andrew Hampp, Las Vegas
September 22, 2012 9:45 EDT

It seemed like things were running smoothly for the first night of the second annual IHeartRadio music festival in Las Vegas. The first four hours alone hosted genre-spanning performances from No Doubt, Jason Aldean, Bon Jovi, Miranda Lambert, Swedish House Mafia, Usher and others, with barely a hot mic or technical difficulty between them for an electronics-heavy show.

But just when penultimate performers Green Day were getting ready to debut new songs from "Uno!" (out Tuesday and the first of three albums due from the rock trio this fall), a teleprompter visible from the crowd suggested otherwise."One minute?!" lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong howled. "I'm not Justin Bieber, you motherf*ckers! You gotta be f*ckin' joking. I got one minute, one minute left. Now I got nothing left. Let me show you what one minute f*cking means."

And with that, Armstrong and his bandmates proceeded to smash their guitars for their remaining seconds onstage -- to thunderous applause, no less. "One minute. God f*ckin' rob you all. We'll be back," Armstrong said as they stormed off the stage.

What did he mean by that? Day 2 of IHeartRadio starts tomorrow, and thus far the band's official Twitter page (and label Warner Bros.) have remained mum on the situation. But with an itinerary that was only 25 minutes behind schedule by the time Green Day took the stage at 11:30 pm PT ( originally slated for 11:05), and following longer sets from Usher and Jason Aldean, letting the band play an extra song or two couldn't have hurt.

Seems logical to me.  Show me a rock band that takes kindly to being told they have to wrap things up early.  Nothing we haven't seen or heard before.

Billie also may have been upset he had to sit through Bon Jovi's set earlier in the evening. 16

The man's got a point though.  Let Justin Bieber and Jason freaking Aldean play, but then cut off Green Day.  Rock gets no respect.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

U can get it for like 5 bucks on Amazon with The Circle album i also have the giant Coffee table book which is awesome

-D-

-D- wrote:

I like Richie's new record. really shows off his underrated playing.

Bon Jovi from what I hear stole the show as usual.

lean mean hit machine set.

Prayer
Bad Name
Its my life
Dead or Alive
Who Says You can't Go Home
Bad Medicine with "Shout" medley

-D-

-D- wrote:

Entire Documentary on Youtube:

Click here and follow user for all the parts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmvHk9zq … re=related

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
-D- wrote:

I like Richie's new record. really shows off his underrated playing.

Is it comparable to Stranger In This Town, I love that album

Board footer