You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Now I've really gone to the dark side...

buzzsaw wrote:

Got an iPod Touch (4th generation) 32 GB.  Like it so far.  I've never used iTunes and I don't have an interest in purchasing all the music I want to listen to for it.  It does work with Rhapsody, so I will probably get most of the music from there.

Any advice?  What to do, what not to do?  Apps to get, etc.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

Well I use GnREvo 90% of the time off my iPod touch so its definitely useful for that. Didn't want to wait another couple weeks for the 5th generation touch? I use mine obviously for music, surfing the web, etc.

Advice- don't waste $$ on buying movies, u don't even get an actual copy and movies take up way too much space on iPods

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't buy new stuff - in fact, I got it because the price came down (and it's my wife's birthday so I got her one too). 

Thanks for the info on the movies - I probably wouldn't buy them anyway, but it's good to know not to waste my time.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Most of the stuff on my ipod I don't buy. I just rip old CDs to my computer then put them in iTunes and transfer them to my ipod. I generally just use iTunes to get my music onto my ipod. I don't buy often.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Can you use iTunes on a PC?

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Yeah you just have to download the software, update it, and then just burn your CDs or other music files into your music library. iTunes is free to download. I have alot of issues with the service though.

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:

You betcha (see what I did there)

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yep...and all ur mp3s can go right onto it as well...my wife has an iphone 3gs and all i did was rip a bunch of tunes from CDs like bri said and we also had some stuff dl'd that i put on htere for her as well...you should be able to use wifi as well..and also some apps if you like angrybirds or whatever ... the only thing we purchase from itunes are apps...im kinda old fashioned that i still buy cds

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:

U can get a lot of good CD's on the clearance racks of half-price book stores, good way to save money on music for your iPod

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer