You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: SLASH: Limited-Edition Deluxe Four-Disc Package

Mikkamakka wrote:

SLASH: Limited-Edition Deluxe Four-Disc Package Due In December - Sep. 28, 2012 

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m … mID=180069

Eagle Rock will release a limited-edition run of Slash deluxe packages in Europe on December 3.

The package features the "Made In Stoke 24/07/11" DVD, a single CD edit of the same show, the "Apocalyptic Love" studio album, and the previously unreleased DVD of "Live From New York" — all packaged inside the cover of a 60 page hardback book filled with stunning photographs, many of them previously unseen.

Although this is being released in the European market only, a small quantity of imports will be made available at SlashOnline.com as well while supplies last.

Pre-orders for this set will begin next week in Europe at all major retailers. Check your local retailers for updates.

The full track listing is as follows:

Disc One: "Made In Stoke 24/07/11" DVD

01. Been There Lately
02. Nightrain
03. Ghost
04. Mean Bone
05. Back From Cali
06. Rocket Queen
07. Civil War
08. Nothing To Say
09. Starlight
10. Promise
11. Doctor Alibi
12. Speed Parade
13. Watch This
14. Beggars & Hangers On
15. Patience
16. Godfather Solo
17. Sweet Child O' Mine
18. Slither
19. By The Sword
20. Mr Brownstone
21. Paradise City

Bonus Features: Interviews with Slash, Myles Kennedy and Uncle Ian

Disc Two: "Made In Stoke 24/07/11" CD

01. Been There Lately
02. Ghost
03. Mean Bone
04. Back From Cali
05. Starlight
06. Promise
07. Doctor Alibi
08. Speed Parade
09. Watch This
10. Patience
11. Sweet Child O'Mine
12. Slither
13. By The Sword
14. Paradise City

Disc Three: "Apocalyptic Love" CD

01. Apocalyptic Love
02. One Last Thrill
03. Standing In the Sun
04. You're A Lie
05. No More Heroes
06. Halo
07. We Will Roam
08. Anastasia
09. Not For Me
10. Bad Rain
11. Hard & Fast
12. Far And Away
13. Shots Fired

Disc Four: "Live From New York" DVD

01. Mean Bone
02. Dirty Little Thing
03. Nightrain
04. One Last Thrill
05. Back From Cali
06. Ghost
07. Standing In The Sun
08. Rocket Queen
09. Doctor Alibi
10. Speed Parade
11. Apocalyptic Love
12. Watch This
13. Starlight
14. Just Like Anything
15. Halo
16. You're A Lie
17. Sweet Child O' Mine
18. Slither
19. By The Sword
20. Paradise City

slashlimitedbox.jpg

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Slash should manage GNR, so professional.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Sadly I think the boxset is a heap of crap. I already bought Made in Stoke on Bluray and I own Apocolyptic Love so I'm not buying this fucker just for the NY DVD.

Honestly what goes thru the mind of the people that put together this shit. There are a number of other shows that have been recorded from my understanding so why not package something entirely new?

It's not that fucken hard is it to make something for the fans.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Slash should manage GNR, so professional.

I wasn't going to comment on this but since Aussie brought it up, I agree with him to a point.  I mean, yeah it's great Slash is releasing things for his fans to buy.  But he seems to keep doing these re-releases and boxsets of things fans already own.  He released AL and the Live DVD separately.  Now he's releasing them together with another DVD?  What's the point?  Why not sell it separately?  It's almost forcing the hands of the fans to double dip and rebuy things they already own.

So in that aspect, I do think it's lame.

But the way GNR doesn't release things hardly ever.  That certainly isn't the way to go either.  There has to be a happy medium.  Fanatics want content and the hardcores will buy anything and everything that is put out.  Re-issues, boxsets, best of's, etc. that offer little extra for the money seem like greedy cash grabs to me.  And obviously not releasing anything is extremely frustrating for a fanbase.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Why not put that Sydney gig they recorded on there or even that max sessions acoustic gig he did in Sydney on the previous tour etc. He has a heap of stuff to chose from so why fuck us over with stuff we already have.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Why not put that Sydney gig they recorded on there or even that max sessions acoustic gig he did in Sydney on the previous tour etc. He has a heap of stuff to chose from so why fuck us over with stuff we already have.

Yeah, I don't get it either.  Not sure who's making the decisions on what to include, but again it seems like a ploy to force the hands of the hardcores to double dip on things they already paid for.  The same thing happened with both his solo albums too didn't it?  They released bonus editions months after the originals were released?  I MAY have bought the bonus edition if it was offered upfront, but I'm not buying it AGAIN for a few extra songs, etc.

On the flipside, I probably would buy a reissue that GNR offered since they only release something every 15 years. 16  Take what you can get in that instance.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree... just get me NYC and Sydney gig.  I do like the packaging though!!  But I bought the same shit from VR too to get some unreleased shit and it pissed me off.  But damn, I want that NYC DVD.  Fuck.  And like I said, nice packaging and looks like a nice book.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Sadly I think the boxset is a heap of crap. I already bought Made in Stoke on Bluray and I own Apocolyptic Love so I'm not buying this fucker just for the NY DVD.

Honestly what goes thru the mind of the people that put together this shit. There are a number of other shows that have been recorded from my understanding so why not package something entirely new?

It's not that fucken hard is it to make something for the fans.

Exactly. First I thought he'll be releasing the Sydney show, last year's Melbourne(?) show, maybe NY and two of the acoustic gigs. But this package is a fraud. I already bought 3 of these and will not pay this much for that NY show I already have.

Lomax wrote:

Well I think it's an excellent package and will rush out to get this ASAP

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The lesson is to hold off on buying anything until the package you want comes out.

I won't be buying this either, but I can see where it has value to someone that doesn't have the Stoke disks.

Board footer