You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Does age difference matter when it comes to dating?

Bono wrote:

So open subject here. Does age matter when it comes to dating or is it just a number?  What if any is an appropriate age gap between two people or is it all fair game? I remember a few weeks ago some of us(myself included) frowned upon 50 year old Axl Rose hanging with 18,19,20 year olds. Now suddenly I find myself in similar(though not as extreme) situation. Plus Axl was likely just banging chicks 14 I'm legit interested in this girl.

the last 3 weeks I've been spending a lot of time with a young woman. She just turned 20 last week. I turn 35 in December. Now believe me this isn't anything I went looking for. I've never dated anyone more than 6 years younger than me so 15 years is a huge jump 16  Her and I just randomly met in a coffee shop(how cute hollywoodish) and had an instant connection We've hung out 13/19 days since meeting. That's a LOT and people don't do that unless they are interested in each other. At least that's what I would think. Now let me be clear we are not "dating" at the moment. Nothing physical has happend between us in terms of sexual stuff. Although all the flirty touchy stuff takes place minus holding hands(that's for couples).  There is without question huge chemistry between us and the age difference doesn't seem to exist when we're together other than inside my own head. Mostly wondering what she thinks since I've kinda decided I'm ok with it.

15 years is a big difference and in reality probably creates too many differences down the line for a serious relationship to work. But it would be crazy not to pursue something that feels like a great fit because of what might not happen. I don't know. In a normal situation I'd have made a move by now but with the age difference I'm hesitant. Also add into it I'm new to town and she is in essence the only friend I have so far I'm legitimately worried about making that move and losing a friend. Although everything in my being tells me she wants me to. Still it's such uncharted territiory for me. I've messed around with women up to 11 years younger than me but have never been genuinely interested in them so this is new.

Anyways give your thoughts on this topic. Not necessarily my situation directly but what you think of age in relationships overall.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

U will prolly end up having too many differences to make things work like u said, but hey, more power to ya bro if u can get a younger girl for a bit

Me personally I could never see something like that happen, and u know her parents will hate u and u will be the creepy old dude to her freinds

Bono

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

U will prolly end up having too many differences to make things work like u said, but hey, more power to ya bro if u can get a younger girl for a bit

Me personally I could never see something like that happen, and u know her parents will hate u and u will be the creepy old dude to her freinds

16 Dude I have met both her parents and they LOVE me. We've all gone out for dinner together twice and once at her parents place(she lives on her own). Her Dad wants me to go quading with him tomorrow. Her mom text me the other day saying "you sure put a smile on my daughters face that I've never seen before"  That was cool even if slightly weird that she gave her mom my number 14

I hear ya about too many problems arising as time goes on. And belive me I never thought ina  million years I'd be attracted this way to somone her age. I've never seen that as a possibility but this just blindsided me. I did'nt go looking for a 20 year old.

I think there's a mutual interest yet nothing has happend because in both our minds we're being very realistic about it.  It's a different situation going into something knowing full well beforhand that the chances of one of us getting hurt are extremely high and we both know why.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Hope everything goes well with her, Bono! Just have fun with it. Make sure she has great tastes in music! 16

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I wouldn't worry about it.  Some people will think it's creepy, some people won't care. 

I'd wonder what her motives are personally.  Not saying I wouldn't persue it if I were you, but I'd be cautious.  Women where I live are gold-diggers when it comes to older men.  You could literally be her father.  Tread lightly; be aware of what is going on, but most of all have a good time with it.  It only has to work for you and her.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

Hope everything goes well with her, Bono! Just have fun with it. Make sure she has great tastes in music! 16

She's 20 her taste in music is a typical 20 year old girl. There's the first issue 16 We already fight about music but in a  good way... for now. Yeah my plan is to just go with the flow.  See what happens. Not pinning too many hopes on it and at the same time don't wanna let it slip away ya know. If it's long term or short term it's all good. She's a wicked girl so... plus she's a smoke show 22 I'd post a  picture of her but that'd be old man creepy  14

buzzsaw wrote:

I wouldn't worry about it.  Some people will think it's creepy, some people won't care. 

I'd wonder what her motives are personally.  Not saying I wouldn't persue it if I were you, but I'd be cautious.  Women where I live are gold-diggers when it comes to older men.  You could literally be her father.  Tread lightly; be aware of what is going on, but most of all have a good time with it.  It only has to work for you and her.

Yeah man I wonderd that as well for a milisecond. I have enough money to allow myself to do what I wo't most fo the time but if she's a golddigger she's looking at the wrong guy so I don't think that's it. Plus I live pretty simplistic so even if I had tons of money nobody woudl really know it. I don't think she has a motive to be honest but I have considerd it.  And based on my hesitation I've allowed her to initiate us getting together more than I have initiated it. So I do think she's genuinely inetersted. I agree with you. Some will think it's creepy some won't care. Guess it only matters what the two people think.

The thing is there's a lot of hot 20 year old women out there. There's not a lot of 20 year old women I can and would legitimately connect with. She came out of nowhere and I would've never expected it.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

If two people love each other enough, they will make it work. It doesn't bug me as it ain't any of my business. If two people want to be together, then let it be! Unless...y'know, we're talking about pedophiles. Fuck those guys. Right in the ear.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

My wife is ten years younger  than me, we are eleven years together and we are as happy as could be. Live in the now Bono, accept the fact that, like all relationships, it could end at any time. Enjoy each other and fuck all the naysayers, most are just jealous!
Good luck man!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am 33 dating a 21 year old. Going great so far!  She even went with me to see Slash in Atlanta. Just enjoy it, if it works it works.

Board footer