You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: MATT SORUM Talks VELVET REVOLVER, Possible Autobiography And GUNS N'

Gibbo wrote:

"My book will be a lot better than theirs, and I'll tell you why: I remember everything, and they don't remember shit. [laughs] I told Duff, I said, 'Duff, how are you gonna remember to write a book? You can't even remember where we were last night?' I said, 'I'll write your book for you. And here's the title: 'Duff McKagan: The Shit I Don't Remember By Matt Sorum'

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m … mID=180447

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Matt needs to get over himself. roll We get it already!

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I think his book would be miles better. Matt was much more in Axl's face than the others. He could be the only one to have the balls to tell it as it REALLY was.

I don't  get the hate for Matt anymore. He finally moved into adulthood about two years ago and I think he comes across great.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

I think his book would be miles better. Matt was much more in Axl's face than the others. He could be the only one to have the balls to tell it as it REALLY was.

I don't  get the hate for Matt anymore. He finally moved into adulthood about two years ago and I think he comes across great.

Agreed. His book can be quite interesting, since he was in te band, but was only a paid employee and not in the partnership, so he was an insider and an outsider at the same time. He can be right about the memory issue, too.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I'd certainly buy it, as you guys have said I think he might offer some quite blunt insights.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The shame of Slash's book is that he was clearly playing nice with Axl so as to protect the possible reunion, only mid way through Duffs but he's always diplomatic...not to mention that slash/duff/adler were fucked up most of the time....

So now post RRHOF, post Slash doing all his riffs solo, be very interesting to see matt write the only "tell all" book....

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

The shame of Slash's book is that he was clearly playing nice with Axl so as to protect the possible reunion, only mid way through Duffs but he's always diplomatic...not to mention that slash/duff/adler were fucked up most of the time....

So now post RRHOF, post Slash doing all his riffs solo, be very interesting to see matt write the only "tell all" book....

Yeah. Matt is not an Axl fan, for sure, so he'll be on the other side of the fence. However I'm not sure that he'll be very pro-Slash either, considering the past 5 years of Velvet Revolver and the slight chance of a VR reunion.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I heard with my own ears Matt do a radio interview once where he said Axl got them loaded on booze and dope and had them all (including himself) sign over their rights to the name. Rights he didn't have. He's a slippery dick liar.

pi2loc
 Rep: 2 

pi2loc wrote:

I would read it. Interesting to say the least.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Sad to see that Velvet Revolver's firmly in the past now – I really think they could've pulled it back together with a new vocalist. VR + Corey Taylor will go down as one of those great "might-have-been" bands. I'd cheerfully gnaw off my own arm to hear the demos from those sessions...

Board footer