You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: Guns N' Roses, Jack White set for Bridge School Benefit

dave-gnfnr wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Here's what I don't get. Where are these posters when anything is going right? In the weeks leading up to this show, did we have the services of these posters? Nope. They were apparently waiting in the wings for something they didn't like so they could post about it.

As far as I'm concerned, you can open up a 3rd account at mygnr for that sort of thing. Because the people that post here regularly give an actual shit about what's happening with the band or at the very least there fellow board members. They don't sit in the wings waiting to pounce on every negative thing that happens in the world of GN'R.

You actually have it backwards.  US fans come back after each disaster (like RIO to now) to give Axl another chance, and then of course he lets those fans down AGAIN and AGAIN. 

The problem is Axl fails 99% of the time so of course most things are going to be negative.

Maybe we thought since axl had these shows, had jimmy lined up plus those vegas shows maybe he got his shit together.  And what happened? He didnt, he just didnt even try to get in shape for this show.

Wouldnt you think with all the time he had off, he could have gotten in shape physically and also gotten his voice in shape?

The end story is this: if you don't like it, don't look/listen.

But again, that's your game; to be negative.

I am just honest, and I am far from negative, Axl did nothing tonight to warrant praise.   What did I say that was not true?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
war wrote:

nope

people are always gonna be there to see that know its axl regardles of aband name and material - hes the only star in the band

Yes....and he's always going to be...if they never release any material written by the other guys...and whilst he calls it GNR and yet is the only person in the band who actually wrote the GNR back catalogue that's famous.

IF Axl is under par for whatever reason, age, illness etc, then the only way to cover that is to put back the other stars, or make the other players into stars.

I'm sorry to be negative. I'm just saying. People ask why the fan base reacts to these things - and I'm just saying - it's because it's billed as GNR - then the only GNR member onstage can't play GNR songs correctly.

Translate that into another economic transaction. Like a dinner out or something and think of how people react.

The fall out would be less if the rest of the band, who always sound great, could stand on their own feet as part of the GNR catalogue...but that doesn't happen because they're only touring musicians.

the only way ur case has an mathematical chance is if new gnr releases an album worthy of catipoulting the band members to stardom. that is nowhere near gonna happen at this stage even if the material was 14 estranged's. and even then axl is the singer, axl is gnr, axl is king dick.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
war wrote:

dave, steve doesnt have the range that axl does.

also, axl was spot on for patience until the end when it became falsetto time

hes lost his upper range - its that simple

Steven Tyler can sing higher than axl but axl can go lower.
Axls mid range sucks now, while tylers when he was 50 was still very good

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I agree with that War....I just think the status quo makes it worse.

Like i say...when Vince has a shit night in motley...you can focus on Nikki or Tommy or whatever. People can't do that with GNR.

war

war wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
war wrote:

i dont agree.

tylers natural range is higher
axls natural range is lower

they are different types of voices

axl used to reach the notes tyler still does and had a larger range

but tyler never could reach the lower notes

age, care, etc are all given as reasons for that but dont make a difference for....

the fact remains axl has lost that upper range

you can say tyler is better in the long run and ur half right

lower degree of difficulty and ability but tyler is better off because he can still sing his own material properly

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Like i say...when Vince has a shit night in motley...you can focus on Nikki or Tommy or whatever. People can't do that with GNR.

yes they can because DJ sucks A LOT but axl is just that bad they go for him.  Plus the average fan doesnt expect much since his backing band is a bunch of nobodies (save tommy).

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:

I have to say that as someone at the show, the reactions of the group of eight people I was with and all the people around me that I saw who were dancing and cheering, is night and day with the reactions of those on the Internet forums.

Ali

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war

war wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

some can - YOU CAN

i can. we are the exception and i agree with everything you say.

but it's about popularity

look at slash

fergie is terrible but people go to the shows to see slash

same songs as new gnr at times - same terrible vocals at times

yet everybody is praising the band at the slash show and

bitching about axl at the new guns show

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
war wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
war wrote:

i dont agree.

tylers natural range is higher
axls natural range is lower

they are different types of voices

axl used to reach the notes tyler still does and had a larger range

but tyler never could reach the lower notes

age, care, etc are all given as reasons for that but dont make a difference for....

the fact remains axl has lost that upper range

you can say tyler is better in the long run and ur half right

lower degree of difficulty and ability but tyler is better off because he can still sing his own material properly

vocal range has NOTHING to do with singing or how good you sound. Axl cant even sing low anymore as well, his lower register is awful.

Axl doesnt even need his upper register for most of the stuff he played tonight and he was still terrible.

Board footer