You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Axl On Kimmel Oct 24th, Live Interview!

apex-twin wrote:
misterID wrote:

Axl has been trending at the top of Yahoo all day. And they have the story about his Halloween tree.

For the record, Fortus got a bigger pop from the crowd than Tommy did. Fortus, the man who gets no respect with GN'R fans gets respect from everyone else!

(my respect for Richard has gone up a X10000 times since the beginning of the current era tours.)

^Quoted for truth.

Except for Fortus, I'm with Sky Dog on him.

Glad to see Ron get exposure, he's the ultimate Good Guy in band.

bumblefoot

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Faldor, of course I am "speculating" on ticket sales. I just think they have over-saturated the US market, and specifically the Vegas market, over the last year. We will see.

Well the Vegas market is constantly changing with tourists coming and going every day. I "speculate" the shows will go off without a hitch. Probably won't be sellouts across the board, but at the same time I don't think they'll be playing to a sparsely populated room. We'll find out soon enough.

You could make the argument that the shows can't be selling THAT great if Axl can still give away 2 tickets to everyone at Kimmel, I suppose.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

This interview is exactly the sort of thing Axl needs. He's personable, he's funny and it goes a long way towards dispelling the myth that he's a complete asshole. And hey, all it took was not asking the question that every bloody interviewer asks members of the original lineup.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

The burger give away and "Thank You" note from Axl that the audience got last night:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcfpp … 2_1280.png

Posted by raindogs70 at htgth

Not to be picky, but it would've been cooler if he personally signed each of the notes. Then you get people putting it up on ebay looking to make a buck though. Maybe best to avoid that.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

What Came Out Of This:

Great output for the media

Promotion for Appetite For Democracy

A long overdue, enjoyable interview for diehards and casuals alike

"Moving Forward" with this band, and away from the original

It's been a long time since an event like this had such a positive outcome! I'm pumped!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
johndivney wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Just watched it again and I feel the need to mark this down as my favorite Axl quote ever:

"I was raised on Elvis" - axl -10/24/2012

yea that was nice but i also thought he was showing his age there tho mate wink
y'd expect paul mccartney to say that sorta thing!

Hey now! I'm 14 years younger than Axl and I loves me some Elvis! smile But I totally get what you're saying.

Also-
GREAT point on who was actually holding him back from doing press. If anything I'll be the first to hand out more props to the current management for getting stuff like this going.

I grew up on Elvis too, but it was because my mum is a huge fan, and had it playing all the time.

So I don't think that shows his age at all. Elvis is timeless, and he's the motherfuckin KING of rock n roll.

Shit, GN'R used to cover Heartbreak Hotel back in the day too. 3

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I would argue Chuck Berry being the real King of Rock and Roll. 16

I thought it was a cool interview. Def a success and hopefully it builds a little excitement for Vegas and maybe a few more TV spots along the way.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

MTVs take on it:

Axl Rose Stages Surprisingly Normal Return On 'Jimmy Kimmel'
Guns N' Roses frontman showed up on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' Wednesday night for his first live TV interview in more than 20 years, and we were taking notes.
By James Montgomery (@positivnegativ)

On Wednesday night, mercurial Guns N' Roses mastermind Axl Rose showed up to "Jimmy Kimmel Live" for his first live television interview more than two decades, a free-wheeling chat meant to promote GN'R's upcoming residency at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas (it kicks off on October 31 ... spooky!).

And while the whole thing was pretty cordial — if not a little awkward at the beginning (not surprisingly, Axl does not like reminiscing about the past) — as is often the case with, well, everything Axl, his "Kimmel" appearance also ended up being so much more. And we're not even talking about Rose's amazing menagerie of jewelry, either.

So, just in case you missed it (how could you?!?), here are some of the highlights from Axl's triumphant return to the late-night chat circuit. Hopefully this will tide you over until his next appearance, currently scheduled for "Late Show with Louis C.K." in 2032.

Axl is still incredibly popular: Any Guns fan can probably attest to this point, but here's a prime example from last night. From the moment Kimmel first mentioned Rose's name in his intro, the audience began cheering wildly. And they didn't stop for fifty-five seconds. In fact, they probably would've cheered through the entire interview, had Kimmel not told them to pipe down. And all of this was before Rose even uttered a single word.

Axl was a pretty cool manager: Rose recounted his days managing Tower Video on Sunset Blvd thusly: "I'd let everybody have beers after work." And he didn't even write anyone up for being late, either. Sure, he's gotten a tad more strict since then (just ask Slash), but, hey, we'd totally work for him.

Axl loves Halloween: He throws Halloween parties at his house (he even springs for a "Halloween tree") and once dressed up as a giant ear of corn. We can't even begin to imagine what kind of candy he hands out to trick-or-treaters, though we're reasonably sure he doesn't mess around with that "Fun Size" bulls---.

Axl doesn't vote: Because "[He's] in California, and it usually leans Democratic." Though, if he did cast a ballot in the presidential election, who'd get his vote? "I would lean Obama," he said. You know, despite the fact he totally stole Obama's thunder with the interview, which happened to be on the same night the Commander in Chief sat down with Jay Leno.

Axl is actually a pretty normal dude: Despite everything you've read/heard/witnessed firsthand, perhaps the most startling revelation to come out of his "Kimmel" appearance is Rose's normalcy. He cracked jokes, he didn't smash anything, and he enjoys Tommy's Hamburgers so much he brought enough for everyone in the audience.

Axl is an accomplished interior decorator: At one point Kimmel produced a framed Oscar Wilde quote ("Punctuality is the Thief of Time") that Rose has hanging in his house. It was written in elegant calligraphy. Compare that to anything in Tommy Lee's house and tell us who has better taste.

Also, Ron did a short interview after Kimmel that's pretty neat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … r_0i0LHfQ#!

ron bumblefoot ron bumblefoot

Thanks for posting that, and Ron is still one cool motherfucker.

So humble is the bumble... 16 bumblefoot

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

I thought the interview was meh...it was neither backwards or forwards for me. Oh, and instead of reading through all the pages, am I the only one who noticed Axl looked very uncomfortable when Kimmel asked the question "Where does Axl disappear to in between songs?" No mention of oxygen breaks, although I guess I don't know what I expected him to say to that..maybe admittedly make light of it I don't know...but change clothes..really? Check setlists? Really? Haha

Board footer