You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Axl Rose - USA Today interviews

apex-twin wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I beleive the writer block thing....this kind of reaffirms the rumor that axl didnt write or sing for A very long period of time , due to depression or low self esteem or whatever

Youth said he got Axl to sing again in '98, following a year-and-half break. If the dates add up any, it'd be late '96... and, hey, that's when Slash left.

Imagine that. 10

Lomax wrote:

AWESOME.

Very very sincere. I enjoyed that a lot. A breath of fresh air. How ironic that Vegas is saving Axl roses reputation, when it killed so many others

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Lomax wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Riad wrote:

AWESOME.

Very very sincere. I enjoyed that a lot. A breath of fresh air. How ironic that Vegas is saving Axl roses reputation, when ti killed so many others

Funny you should mention. Not sure if you were going for an Elvis tie in, but as I re-read the interview just now I couldn't help but think "This is what it would've been like if Elvis had taken care of himself mentally".

Wow. Very sad thought. It gives me the shivers. But yeah Axl does seem to have overcome a lot of his "issues". Which I'm happy for because they annoyed me to be honest.

I was definitely one of the people who thought" please shut up" when I read the sex abuse stuff in RS. Not because people should be quite about sex abuse, but because I felt like it cheapened it and turned it into a point of gossip and didn't really get at the heart of how prevalent and destructive a force it is. I felt he was using it to court sympathy for himself rather than to actually raise awareness.

I'm likely totally wrong there and if your reading this Dexter, I don't mean to belittle what you went through.  It's just when I saw it in RS, it felt insincere because it was in RS.
This interview however, is a whole new beast. Very genuine.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Great interview...others still getting blamed for everything though, I just wish that would stop.

Interesting that Duff got it in the neck when he's been around Axl so much in the last three years. Wonder how he feels?

I also wonder was it revenge for Duff saying in his book that he felt that Axl was greedy and egotistical re: the end of the old band.

Otherwise, a new Axl is on the scene which is great! The impenettrable garbage he put out in Del's interview is thankfully gone. Amen to that.

Now, what about that album???

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:

This comment kinda puts the argument between Buzz and ID in that other thread to rest: "All the guys are writing..."

Not really.  What's he going to say?  What he's not saying is we're writing the next GnR record.

Sky Dog wrote:

I'll be interested when he says they are in the studio RECORDING together...even then there is no guarantee of release as we are painfully aware.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:

This comment kinda puts the argument between Buzz and ID in that other thread to rest: "All the guys are writing..."

Not really.  What's he going to say?  What he's not saying is we're writing the next GnR record.

Wasn't it about wether bandmembers were writing for GNR or not?

If I misunderstood the whole argument,  19

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Wasn't it about wether bandmembers were writing for GNR or not?

Maybe but as was pointed out, Slash, Duff and Matt wrote alot of stuff thinking it was for GNR and found out that it wasn't.

DJ & the guys are currently in the same boat and only when its on CDII and in Tower, will we know whether they actually were writing for GNR.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

great interview!!

Board footer